Alessandro Diamanti

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Dazzaboy

Re: hammers in talks with diamanti

Post by Dazzaboy »

2001–2007 Prato 58 (21)
2001–2002 → Fucecchio (loan) 24 (3)
2003 → Florentia Viola (loan) 3 (0)
2004–2005 → AlbinoLeffe (co-ownership) 26 (0)
2007– Livorno 46 (11)

Bet Carlton Cole's stats don't look any better than that!![/quote]

25 0(4)
07 0(1)
21 0(4)
27 0(3)
76 (16)

Not to much difference!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

He's a diamond geezer
hongkonghammer

Post by hongkonghammer »

bobd_uk wrote:Bet Carlton Cole's stats don't look any better than that!!
Carlton Cole was playing in the top division though. I've no idea what this guy is like, but if he is a striker his goal scoring record is not good especially as most of his football is outside the top division in Italy
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

Don't know much anything about this bloke, but from what's been said in this thread, I gather he's a bit of a rough diamond who lacks a genuine cutting edge.
WHamZam

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by WHamZam »

FFS, Nani, stop fannying around with Italian sissies and get us someone who can score some friggin goals!!!

WTF is the point of a football director if all he knows is Italian football, anyway.
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

kitthehammer wrote:I wish we would stop going for these "advanced midfielders" . We need out and out strikers who score lots of goals not more goal-shy "creative" midfielders. We've just loaned Jiminez and already have dyer and savio and none of them look like they are going to put the ball in the net regularly. Maybe its just a smokescreen to get chamakh in or hopefully someone else?
i agree.we need out and out strikers.we made this mistake in january with savio(which i said at the time that he was NEVER a stiker)to make the same mistake again would be criminal.we need 2 out and out strikers end of.sort it out west ham ffs Headbanger
w6hammer
Has liked: 86 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by w6hammer »

WHamZam wrote:FFS, Nani, stop fannying around with Italian sissies and get us someone who can score some friggin goals!!!

WTF is the point of a football director if all he knows is Italian football, anyway.
spot on :thup:
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:He formed a great partnership with Francesco Tavano...so there's no reason he couldn't form one with Carlton Cole. I wouldn't say Diamanti is the same as Jimenez either.
Do you think we could play with both Diamanti and Jiminez at the same time? An attacking 4-3-3?
Or just those two - if Cole is out?
myrightpeg

Post by myrightpeg »

Jeez out and out goalscorers cost a lot of money - we haven't got a pot to p*ss in and half of you lot are moaning that we're not going out and buying a "striker". I trust GFZ way more than anyone on here to get it right and if he thinks he can use this guy and get him to score the goals we need then so be it. And as for being an Italian so what? Obviously Nani and co know the Italian game better than ours and I'd rather see this kind of player in West Ham shirt than a clogger from the fizzy pop.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Hmm...I think so. He's not as tall as Carlton Cole, but he's not tiny. I think we COULD use him the same way we've been playing Cole. Dyer and Jimenez supporting him. We'd just have to try it. I've not seen him play that role before...but you never know. That's why I'm saying...although he's a good player. Even if we sign him...we might need someone else.
Dazzaboy

Post by Dazzaboy »

Do you think we could play with both Diamanti and Jiminez at the same time? An attacking 4-3-3?
Or just those two - if Cole is out?[/quote]

Id say we had enough players in attacking midfield who can play this formation. We need someone in who is going to bag us a few goals as and all out attacker.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:He's not as tall as Carlton Cole, but he's not tiny.
He is not tall or strong enough to play the same role as Cole. Playing along side Cole is the more likely option. But then, given the comments from Dux about how important Jiminez is to him, Zola could end up playing Cole-Diamanti-and-Jiminez at the same time. As Dazza said, we have plenty of attacking midfielders, but essentially no-one who could compete with Cole, unless Nouble is that player - and I hope that he isn't.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

I get the impression that this guy would be as well as a centre forward type (whether that be Chamakh, Samaras, AN Other). Would like to see a player of this style here, as long as it isn't at the expense of a "proper" striker.
Groundsman

Post by Groundsman »

bobd_uk wrote: Samaras
Can we stop saying this word!
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Serie B striker? I'd rather have a good Championship striker to be honest. Will take him less time to settle, and will acknowledge the privilege of playing for this club...

Sounds like another Di-Michele..
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:I'd rather have a good Championship striker to be honest.
There are very few decent strikers in the CCC any more.
Bernie Bilic
Location: Turn on GPS and wireless networks in location settings
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Bernie Bilic »

I have a feeling he would be the Italian Lee Trundle! If we do get him I hope he would prove me wrong.
shreddie

Post by shreddie »

bobd_uk wrote:
There are very few decent strikers in the CCC any more.
Or maybe the standard of the premier league has improved greatly.......lots of ex premier league strikers in the CCC now and why don't we go for someone like Tuncay who has experience in this league.
simonwebb

Post by simonwebb »

i have just had a look at you tube and searched for Alessandro Diamanti and from the clips Alessandro Diamanti is not a striker, he is predominately left footed looks technically very good he is not tall and looks like a winger to me so if the rumour mill is true i would not be surprised to see him player an advanced role from the left side in the way curbs played Tevez towards the end of "the great escape" So if cheap option could be a good buy even if on loan but i agree with most we desperately need a goal poacher
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

shreddie wrote:[
Or maybe the standard of the premier league has improved greatly.......lots of ex premier league strikers in the CCC now and why don't we go for someone like Tuncay who has experience in this league.
we really should, shame we cant offer some players in exchange, davenport is a beast in the championship and they will probably lose wheater or huth, add a couple of youngsters on loan and a few mil, poifect