Alessandro Diamanti

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Re: Alessandro Diamanti

Post by bobd_uk »

bubbles1966 wrote:Which, in turn, proves nothing. Tevez didn't score for how long?
I'm not gonna row about it - I'd prefer Zaki to Samaras and some of the other names I've seen.

That said, Zaki v Tevez isn't really a great comparison! Tevez already had many caps for one of the top international teams on the planet when we signed him.
Damn Yankee

Post by Damn Yankee »

bobd_uk wrote:
Nope. I think every single team in the CC plays 442 or 451
Thanks bobd_uk. We get tons of Premier League games over here, but no CCC! So I had no idea...
durham city hammer

Post by durham city hammer »

Agree about tomkins, to be playing as well as he does at centre half in the worlds best league at 20yrs old
takes some doing, in fact i cant think of any other team thet has a centre half that young in their side in the prem,
massively underrated on here imo!
Dubaian Iron

Post by Dubaian Iron »

John....Copa has some great sides in ti but they have the same sides in it. The ACN has to be qualified for, against a wealth of talented sides. There may not be an Argentina or a Brazil in Africa but you have Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Ivory Coast and a host of smaller talented nations that are better than any other team in South America. In my opinion of course!
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Dubaian Iron wrote:John....Copa has some great sides in ti but they have the same sides in it. The ACN has to be qualified for, against a wealth of talented sides. There may not be an Argentina or a Brazil in Africa but you have Ghana, Egypt, Cameroon, Ivory Coast and a host of smaller talented nations that are better than any other team in South America. In my opinion of course!
Missing out Ecuador, Uraguay, Columbia, Paraguay and Peru there! I would say most of those are equal to or better than most of the African teams you mentioned, but as you say, thats all opinion.
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

sZola wrote: In In Ashton and Nouble we have direct cover for Colin.
Yes, true, but =>
1 is injured, 1 is a virgin

There is the problem.

We don't need a 25 year old replacement. I'd be very happy to get a 32-35 year old replacement - a player who could start about 10-15 games and be able to give Nouble a little more competition.
So long as Ashton The England International and his wages are on the books and we have a player Chelseas made a new offer to, and who Arsenal wanted - we dont have the budget to buy a 4th player for this 1 job.
Especially as we are thiner elsewhere.
Yes Ashton is injured, and Nouble is a virgin, but thats more than the cover we have for Stanislas and Savio.
Getting another understudy for Cole is not a priority, also Zola has said he does not want a large first team squad.

FDiMcA wrote:In Zola we have a manager who is playing 1 up front. He needs some Ronaldos, Kuyts, Joe Coles, Arshavins to make it work. 1: Savio and 2: Stanislas are kids, 3: Jiminez is untested in the Prem and on loan, 4: Dyer is always going to be one game away from missing the season. 5: LBM is out.
sZola wrote:I'd also add Behrami into this pool of players, and if needed Collison. In other words there is plenty of competition.
This is the bit that confuses me. Behramis gig is fundamentally different from Dyer, Jiminez, Savio, Stanislas, Chamakh, Gudjohnsen, Diamntis roles.

I find it as bizzare to suggest Behrami is cover for Dyer, as it would be to suggest Kovac or Upson were cover for Dyer.
Sure if we are in an "Ian Pearce must play up-front" or "Peter Beardsley must go in goal" situation, Behrami or Collison could play behind Cole, but to suggest we intentionally go into a season like that, in order to spend more of our limmited funds on a striker who is only plan B - baffles me.

Behrami is not in the pool of players who SHOULD earn the right to play just behind Cole off Jiminez.

If we use the analogy of

Back 4
Ince

McManaman-Gascoigne-Anderton
------------------Sheringham

Shearer

If Gascoigne was injured at a stretch you would replace him with hard working technically gifted Behrami
You would not replace McManaman, Anderton, or Sheringham with Behrami.

Behrami is not IMHO in the pool of ATTACKING players Zola will rotate around his core first team.

IMHO

Back 4
Parker

MIDFIELD 4

Cole

Within the midfield 4 there is room for Collisons, Behramis. and Nobles but when blended with Dyers, Jiminez's Stanislas'.

Take my wife (please take her) she could pick a back 4 then a 4 man midfield of Collison-Noble-Parker-Behrami, then Cole and Bellamy up front.

Its feasible, and in that scenario Dyer, Jiminez, Syanislas, Savio are ample options to change things, and all she needs to do is buy a striker to replace Bellamy.

What Im saying is given what I have seen Zola try, and the type of players that it has been confiremed by club officials we are in for (Mancini, Chamakh, Gudjohnsen) my wifes line-up is not what Zola is attempting.

So as well as needing a 12th man, (Gudjiohnsen/Chamakh/Diamnatis) a plan B, a striker who is NOT like Cole/Ashton/Nouble - we still also need an attacking player who can play in midfield with limited (other than positional) defensive responsibilities, who can break down by guile or pace congested midfields (Diamantis/Chamakh/Gudjohnsen).

If you look at this through Zolas eyes - we need 2 attacking players before the window shuts, we also need a Right Back (although Faubert and Spector might see us through to January).

Once thats done these 3 jobs are filled - we have Zolas finished squad.

Getting rid of players like Etrherington and Bellamy whose style did not fit, and phasing out Mullins for Kovac or the New RB for Neil, underpinning the academy with imports (Nouble, Ledley, Dixon, Savio) will have been completed.

We will operate with a one-in-one-out like-for-like formula into eternity.

Right now we are missing a second striker, and an attacking midfielder, (and probably a right back).
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:Di Michele is old now. What did anyone expect. You are right...a younger Di Michele was class. Even at Palermo not so long ago. I'm sure people who went to Palermo, will remember him and Fabio Simplicio completely wrecking our team.
I expected a Premiership quality striker, as we are a Premiership club, I dont think that is an unreasonable expectation.

What I got was DDM.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

FDiMcA wrote:So long as Ashton The England International and his wages are on the books and we have a player Chelseas made a new offer to, and who Arsenal wanted - we dont have the budget to buy a 4th player for this 1 job.
Especially as we are thiner elsewhere.
I would agree if I had any faith in Ashton producing a run of fitness and contributing to the season. Unfortunately given Ashton's status as dead, we only appear to have 2 players for the job. Given that it's common even amongst teams who habitually play with a single striker to switch to 2 up front when expedient we're leaving ourselves tactically bereft of options. You could say that a 2 striker option alleviates some of the problems associated with a lack of midfield width given good enough movement.

I'm sure Nouble is full of potential, but I seriously doubt we picked up someone good enough to lead the line regularly in the premiership from Chelsea's youth team for peanuts.

Ashton's wages may be on the books, but if he's simply never going to play again you can't consider them as being associated with a striker, they're just a loss and the playing squad still needs balancing.

Refreshingly from pre-season we seemed to have switched from never shooting outside the 6 yard box to shooting on sight which I think we have to do from now on.

I guess the nub is that from having a bloated squad, to having a trimmed squad, we're now at the point were further cuts are going too far, and having players who simply aren't contributing is leaving us dangerously exposed.
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

so has diamanti moved to the front of the list as our most likely signing?
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Chuck D wrote: I expected a Premiership quality striker, as we are a Premiership club, I dont think that is an unreasonable expectation.

What I got was DDM.
You mean an Italian international with over 100 Seria A goals !?

Sounds like premier league quality to me.
beckton

Post by beckton »

mickfbrown wrote:
You mean an Italian international with over 100 Seria A goals !?

Sounds like premier league quality to me.

For the life of me I can't think why we didn't sign DDM permanently, maybe we will!

:lol:
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Good post FD :thup:

If the club thinks that Ashton can play again, then I wholeheartedly agree that we need another attacking midfielder who can be creative and score goals.

Yes, Behrami's (and Collison's) role should be different from ex. Dyer. My point was just that if needed, I can see Zola playing him as a wide attacker - if our midfield for one game consists of Collison-Parker-Kovac-Noble-Behrami, I'd like to see the two wings moved up a notch, instead of the other three, and I'll be more confident that such a line-up will work, then having Nouble start and have Hines on the bench. Nouble will be given time, and rightly so. But before I know when (if) Ashton will be back, I'll be nervously watching Cole, fingers crossed that he'll make it through yet another game unhurt.

As for the RB slot - Faubert and Specs are doing a good enough job so far.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

szola wrote:Good post FD :thup:

If the club thinks that Ashton can play again, then I wholeheartedly agree that we need another attacking midfielder who can be creative and score goals.

Yes, Behrami's (and Collison's) role should be different from ex. Dyer. My point was just that if needed, I can see Zola playing him as a wide attacker - if our midfield for one game consists of Collison-Parker-Kovac-Noble-Behrami, I'd like to see the two wings moved up a notch, instead of the other three, and I'll be more confident that such a line-up will work, then having Nouble start and have Hines on the bench. Nouble will be given time, and rightly so. But before I know when (if) Ashton will be back, I'll be nervously watching Cole, fingers crossed that he'll make it through yet another game unhurt.

As for the RB slot - Faubert and Specs are doing a good enough job so far.

Mate we have played one game so far. They may do a job but if Faubert gets an injury then we have Specs who I unfortunately do not rate.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

szola wrote:As for the RB slot - Faubert and Specs are doing a good enough job so far.
Chippenhammer wrote:Mate we have played one game so far. They may do a job but if Faubert gets an injury then we have Specs who I unfortunately do not rate.
I have seen Specs play for the US a few times, and he usually has good games. He's not brilliant, Neill would be better, and there are loads of RB better then him, but still, considering our limited funds, I'll want the club to search for a striker - attacking midfielder of the trequartista mould - and an experienced goalkeeper so we can let Kurucz play some competitive games in the CCC. Another RB doesn't make my top three.
straco69

Post by straco69 »

i think we all know Zolas plan A is a 5 man midfield, but 1 plan aint gonna last all season and in some cases a whole game, plan B is a front pairing and even if Ashton does return their aint much pace in him and Cole, I know Nouble is supposedly quick but as we say he needs to learn how to make that pace effective, that is why i beleave we need a proven goals man in the premiership, a Mcarthy, RVN or experianced punt in Toni
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

straco69 wrote:i think we all know Zolas plan A is a 5 man midfield, but 1 plan aint gonna last all season and in some cases a whole game, plan B is a front pairing and even if Ashton does return their aint much pace in him and Cole, I know Nouble is supposedly quick but as we say he needs to learn how to make that pace effective, that is why i beleave we need a proven goals man in the premiership, a Mcarthy, RVN or experianced punt in Toni
You say we need pace and then you name 3 slow strikers...
straco69

Post by straco69 »

my point was they are goal scorers that know where to be :oops:
Topbre_22

Post by Topbre_22 »

i thought specs is expected to b covering for ilunga.........god forbid if faubert gets crocked too.

anyways.......this is an alessandro diaminti thread :wink:
ExeC
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by ExeC »

This is west ham, you all know we will end up signing the man from del monte.

cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Was in Livorno last month, if he does move at least he will feel at home in the East End :lol:

http://www.hlwo.org/BD-2008-Med-cruise/ ... docks2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;