West Ham accounts reveal loss of £37m

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

neilbob

Re: West Ham accounts reveal loss of £37m

Post by neilbob »

BMLGirl wrote:
Oh, I forgot - everything is Curbs fault according to some on here!

Indeed. He'd have been slaughtered this season for freezing out Davenport and allowing Illunga to get injured, let alone forcing our club captin out of the door and seeking an over the hill ausie mercenary up front when clearly he could have bought the next Ronaldo if only he'd looked abroad.

I do love double standards :lol:
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

neilbob wrote:
Indeed. He'd have been slaughtered this season for freezing out Davenport and allowing Illunga to get injured, let alone forcing our club captin out of the door and seeking an over the hill ausie mercenary up front when clearly he could have bought the next Ronaldo if only he'd looked abroad.

We dont want this turning into another Curbs discussion but its the players he bought I have an issue with. He spent a lot of money on some very average players.
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

FDiMcA wrote:
Put that on your CV Curbs. You were David O'Leery and we all paid for it.
Only your swift removal saved us.
BMLGirl wrote: How the hell can you blame Curbs. My understanding is that he identified the players he wanted (as is probably the case with Zola as well, although Nani does bring in players Zola doesn't particularly want but that's another thread) but it's down to Duxbury to sort out fees, salaries etc.

Oh, I forgot - everything is Curbs fault according to some on here!
How the hell can you take a quote and not include what it refered to.

When I said "put that on your CV Curbs" have you any idea what "that" was.

:lol:

By your accusation that I am blaming Curbs, you clearly havent read this properley.

Also - what are you on about re fees and salaries in this context?
Is it that you thought Curbs had an unlimited budget?
:oops:

Post by 1895 »

wayneo1974 wrote:Duxbury warned us about these accounts.
He had to. There's no way of hiding or spinning the fact that the accounts are disastrous.

BLT319 wrote:Honestly who ever is in charge isnt doing a good job.. How have these people not been fired?
derek zoolander wrote:They have. Curbishley, Egg and BG are gone :thup:

All this shows is just what a dangerous game that bald Eggy b*stard and BG were playing with our club. I think it just mirrors the right now thinking of the whole BG empire and not thinking for the future.
But Duxbury (CEO) and Igoe (Financial Guru) haven't. They both knew what was going on, whether they admit it or not, yet let it continue.
Duxbury seems to have been at the centre of our most turbulent years in our recent history, yet still gets to run our club.

He needs to resign today.
shammy

Post by shammy »

No-one, and i mean no-one was as average as Savio.
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

mickfbrown wrote:
We dont want this turning into another Curbs discussion but its the players he bought I have an issue with. He spent a lot of money on some very average players.

some who helped us stay up, some we've sold for a profit and some who are still doing a good job for us. I'm sure there are others, but like yourself I'm not going to descend into a curbs bashing/supporting thread. It's been done to death.

The double standards do amuse me though, because I'm 100% convinced Curbs would have been slaughtered for what I've posted.

(edited as there were a few posts added in quick succession)
Last edited by neilbob on Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

Bishy wrote: Gnome, as many suspected, is Icelandic.

It is also hoped that with your long posts off the forum, significant savings in bandwidth will be seen :wink:
:lol: Gnome staged a coup some time over the summer. When UTJ postys its not UTJ its Gnome.

Gnome admmited this.
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

Singaporeiron wrote:Fdimca

Don't forget the eggert in al of this??, although it is hard to believe BG was not aware how much of his money eggy was spunking so to speak.

Wheres a 100 million in credit WHU fan with lots of spare time on his hands when you need one :lol:
Its all BG and Eggburts fault (although they were mostly acting in good faith) we had asperations of comepting with the Man U's and Aresenals and Liverpools , we turn over 80 Million they turn over 110million , so BG says spend the extra 30 Million to get the players we need and ill make up for any shortfalls , unfortuntley for everyone not too long after signing a lot of players on exceptional contracts the arse falls out of the banking world and our once previous wealthy owner can no longer keep his promise of making good on any shortfalls and the club is in a position where our income is well short of our expenditure.
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

neilbob wrote:

You wouldnt be using conjecture on what you imagine other people might have thought in a scenario that never happened - to accuse them of double standarsd would you?

I do love righteous indignation based on an imagined slight. I bet you enjoy guessing what the neighbours think about you.
dundeeiron

Post by dundeeiron »

Let's get back to keeping our feet firmly on the ground. There has been some great posts on here covering a multitude of topics, from people far more learned than myself, but what we all need is a fresh course of reality pills. We were adequately warned by SD that the accounts would make disastrous reading......a fact borne out by the Guardian article now being well commented on.

I am sure we are now all desperately seeking information on just what the next set will evidence, however, if they are in any way improved on what we have just read about (and they certainly should be) then we resort to taking another course of pills (we've been taking these doses for years!) and "content ourselves" (probably wrong phrase...I know) with the fact that the present incumbents are steering us in the right direction. That said however, I'm sure it will be ages yet until we have confirmation of this fact or otherwise.

What we can be satisfied and indeed proud of is that, playing wise, despite the Accounts et al, we have the nucleus/backbone of the team stilll in tact. We have hopefully made some good signings in Jiminez and Diamanti and we have a conveyor belt of talent, several of whom seem "to have it" and will suceed. We have, I think more importantly, a brilliant team in GFZ and SC, and in my opinion we must do everything we can to hang on to them.......probably even more than making an impact signing (which I don't think is their style anyway). They do after all have great credibility in the "marketplace" and i suspect that the latest signings are more to do with that credibility and ethos than the actual "West Ham" brand at this moment.

It's not all doom and gloom despite not signing another Carlton Cole.

We've lost only one match (as a result of two horrendous errors) which I'm sure in CC's case will have been firmly taken care of.

I think what would also appease many of us however, would be a regular (say quarterly) update by SD for all supporters in the form of a Q & A session from KUMB reps or others rather than the "morsels" that we all feed on from the OS. Then we may even get to the bottom of the Dean Ashton saga removing the need for all and sundry to speculate on that topic and indeed many other "burning issues".
bspur1

Post by bspur1 »

BLT319 wrote:i dont believe this.. our savior dux told us were self sufficient... all hail dux.
its not his fualt , no more than will be any the then CEO at Chelsea's when Abromavich walks away with a squad of players with 3 years left on their 160,000 a week contracts.

I
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

FDiMcA wrote:
:lol: Gnome staged a coup some time over the summer. When UTJ postys its not UTJ its Gnome.

Gnome admmited this.
Funny you should mention that, I did hear the same. I have also tapped up one of Trap's sources who informs me that KUMB HQ is in a state of disarry and Gnome is frantically searching for UTJ's bank acc and PIN number. Without these Gnome can't pay UTJ outstanding loan commitments and it is thought he has already defaulted. If the baliffs come a knocking Gnomes masterplan maybe rumbled.
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

shammy wrote:No-one, and i mean no-one was as average as Savio.
what was the profit on Savio?
How much did he cost in wages?
Average isnt such a crime is it.

Down right wastes of money (Lungjberg, Dyer, Davenport, etc) can perhaps be described as not-average.
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

FDiMcA wrote:

You wouldnt be using conjecture on what you imagine other people might have thought in a scenario that never happened - to accuse them of double standarsd would you?

I do love righteous indignation based on an imagined slight. I bet you enjoy guessing what the neighbours think about you.
Hit a nerve did I? :think:
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

1895 wrote: But Duxbury (CEO) and Igoe (Financial Guru) haven't. They both knew what was going on, whether they admit it or not, yet let it continue.
If like me you feel that CB have a limited or zero ability to take money out of the club so far and in the foreseable future..........then once they ended up owning us by default in lieu of money............they probably couldnty mess with the team that had the relationships with our creditors (the banks) and who had appointed our manager and coaches.

Whatever CB's opinion of SD and Igoe they probably thought sacking them and getting someone to 'learn' West Ham was too big a risk, especially as running a Prem club is not that common an experience.

Without absolving SD or blaming him I think CB a) had no option but to create themselves to own the club, b) to leave the club well alone.

Wahst been interesting is SD in the opinion of some on here (including myself) has so far managed to do what appears like a good job (cut staff but maintain mid-table solidity, and face down the consequences of the extra blows of the sponsorship fiasco and Tevezgaete)

No matter what role he played in picking a sponsor who was not sound, causing the Tevezgate mess etc, he has since about a year ago got everyhting pretty right (given the limited information we have).

At some point people need to go through a crisis to forge themselves.
It may be that when the dust settles SD who 2 years ago was inadequate, has become one of the best Premier club CEO's available.

Im not suggesting that has happened so far, but the signs are no longer bad.
FDiMcA
teh

Post by FDiMcA »

neilbob wrote: Hit a nerve did I? :think:
Re read the thread, it was your nerve that was hit and prompted you to post a laughable piece of angst and acuusations.
I just pointed out the error of your ways.

making "talk to the hand" style statements doesnt mean I ever got agitated or that your knee hadnt hit the desk :wink:
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

Interesting version of accounts. I'll be sure to check my real motive with you next time I decide to find something funny :wink:
giblet
Has liked: 1 like

Post by giblet »

FDiMcA wrote:Put that on your CV Curbs. You were David O'Leery and we all paid for it.
Only your swift removal saved us.
I have no idea what this means. Is it not meant to mean anything? The real question is, why am I asking this question? I think I'll quietly close the padded door, allow myself to imagine that I'm on the outside, and slink back to real life.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

FDiMcA wrote: At some point people need to go through a crisis to forge themselves.
It may be that when the dust settles SD who 2 years ago was inadequate, has become one of the best Premier club CEO's available.
Ready to put his CV in for the Manure job should it become available?
:wink:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Some very insightful posts... notably Chekov and FDi

We have severly been mis-managed over the last few years but on the face of it, it seems things have gone in the right direction and lets hope that is the case

Lets not let this sort of news cloud the fact that we have a very good management set-up and team (comparable if not better than the team who finished last season just shy of a European place) and we have a good shout in having a similar (if not better) season than last year... despite some posters attempts to make it seem otherwise