" Can you identify these people?"

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

beckton

Re: " Can you identify these people?"

Post by beckton »

EggyBread wrote:
Precisely, once as a teenager, I was about to lump someone in the face, and he said you won't hit me I'm a west ham fan too.... one black eye later, he knew that wasn't a good defence! Why did he think he could deserve a wallop, but get out of it, just because he supported the same team as me??

Did anyone grass you up?
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

clawhammer wrote: The only exception might be if I knew who had done the stabbing but I don't so I don't have to even think about it.
Forever Moore wrote: 1)The exception MIGHT BE?
2)You would have to think about it?

:shock: unbelieveable!
No wonder this country is ruled by violence! Stand up and be counted!
I tell you no lie, if it was one of my own family who was involved in knife crimes, serious violence etc. whether as an individual or a gang, I would have no hesitation in shopping them either!
If that is directed at me GP. I was responding to whufcjake's reply to this.

You need to either read through the thread or butt out before I bash you on the head with my claret and blue hammer :lol:
EggyBread
Location: Riding in the back-seat of the Roller with Gold & Sullivan!

Post by EggyBread »

Nah, he was a cock anyway... probably wore that shiner like a badge of honour.... last I heard he got done for touting outside the ground back in 1993.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

quote: the telegraph

Police at Upton Park as West Ham play first home game since Millwall match

By Jason Burt

West Ham United will on Saturday play their first home game since the violence and pitch invasions that marred their Carling Cup victory over Millwall last month with the Metropolitan Police out in force to try to identify the perpetrators.

if the useless cu**s had been out in force on the day it wouldn't have happened.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

I have now thought about it and I probably would tell the Police if I knew who had stabbed the guy. I am glad I don't know though.
Grassing for the pleasure of doing it as some on here seem to be suggesting is just plain wrong though. People running on the pitch is not in the same league though. I guess what I am leading round to is that grassing depends on the offence but there are some crimes where common decency and duty overrules.
We each have to draw our line according to our conscience. There is no right answer.
snube

Post by snube »

i dont recognise any of them any of them but if i did i would shop them immediately, can't believe people would consider not!? there is no justification for that course of action. they broke the rules and should be punished otherwise where is the incentive to not break the rules,

I like that fionn kiely says if we did we should go take a long hard look at ourselves, ha, this guy cracks me up
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

snube wrote:i dont recognise any of them any of them but if i did i would shop them immediately, can't believe people would consider not!? there is no justification for that course of action. they broke the rules and should be punished otherwise where is the incentive to not break the rules,

I like that fionn kiely says if we did we should go take a long hard look at ourselves, ha, this guy cracks me up
Personnaly? I wouldn't waste my time and energy in doing so. In fact I've just wasted my time and energy replying to your post :?
10 Iron

Post by 10 Iron »

no 3 was Bishy :twisted:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

snube wrote:i dont recognise any of them any of them but if i did i would shop them immediately, can't believe people would consider not!? there is no justification for that course of action. they broke the rules and should be punished otherwise where is the incentive to not break the rules,

Were you at the game?
Ticket 2 Ryde

Post by Ticket 2 Ryde »

T2R Says "If the old bill asks just say NO!!!" :thup:
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

clawhammer wrote:I have now thought about it and I probably would tell the Police if I knew who had stabbed the guy. I am glad I don't know though
Grassing for the pleasure of doing it as some on here seem to be suggesting is just plain wrong though. People running on the pitch is not in the same league though. I guess what I am leading round to is that grassing depends on the offence but there are some crimes where common decency and duty overrules.
We each have to draw our line according to our conscience. There is no right answer.

1) No I disagree, there's not much thought gone into that statement! You only say you would 'probably' give information. You are glad you don't know? I wish I knew, I would sort it!
2) Where have people said they would be grassing for the 'pleasure of doing it' ?
3) Nobody has said it is in the same league as running on a pitch. People do get hurt though through stupid mindless actions such as these scenarios, wasn't a steward hurt?
I think you have hit the nail on the head with saying about common decency and duty, that we have to draw our line according to our consciences. However, some people don't seem to have a conscience, regardless of how serious a crime, seems it's all about misguided loyalties! I find that extraordinarily worrying!
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Is running in a swimming pool or petting or bombing a crime?

clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

It was illegal to harbour Jews in occupied Europe during the war but brave people did it and grasses informed on them and this led to many deaths. My neighbour grassed me because I did not tie up a rubbish bag leading to a visit by the Litter Officer. Where do you draw the line?There IS a line If you were actually at the game and saw what happened and you still think that it os OK to grass on those people then I have nothing but contempt for you.

Grassing is often a form of priggish nastiness and the Nazis exploited it. Be careful ....there are no absolutes in this argument.
string

Post by string »

Perfect opportunity to get rid of all those fredrik ljungberg keyrings and hand them out as rewards
prince_huggy

Post by prince_huggy »

clawhammer wrote:It was illegal to harbour Jews in occupied Europe during the war but brave people did it and grasses informed on them and this led to many deaths. My neighbour grassed me because I did not tie up a rubbish bag leading to a visit by the Litter Officer. Where do you draw the line?There IS a line If you were actually at the game and saw what happened and you still think that it os OK to grass on those people then I have nothing but contempt for you.

Grassing is often a form of priggish nastiness and the Nazis exploited it. Be careful ....there are no absolutes in this argument.
:clap: Very well put Claw, very well put.
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

:shock: clawhammer I truly can't believe that last post of yours! That's what I would class as grasping at straws!

If you don't know where to draw the line, in all seriousness, you need help!
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

What is it you find so funny bellend?
prince_huggy

Post by prince_huggy »

Forever Moore wrote::shock: clawhammer I truly can't believe that last post of yours! That's what I would class as grasping at straws!

If you don't know where to draw the line, in all seriousness, you need help!

Did you read the last bit though, I'll quote:

"there are no absolutes in this argument"
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

why so much emotion, this could be an interesting discussion if people kept off the abuse
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

dapablo wrote:why so much emotion, this could be an interesting discussion if people kept off the abuse
It can only go down hill when you have such differences in opinion, its black and white again.