" Can you identify these people?"

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Re: " Can you identify these people?"

Post by PF. »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Id shop these f***ing idiots in a heartbeat. Why go on the pitch in the first place? :shock:
Then you need to a get a grip of yourself fella.

You may not agree with what went on, but you never grass. I've had this chat before on here about something else a few years ago, I find it sad that people are willing to stand up and snitch on someone else, especially when they did you no harm. Bullied at school no doubt...
prince_huggy
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by prince_huggy »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: In the words of John Mcenroe " you cannot be serious"!?

Id shop these f***ing idiots in a heartbeat. Why go on the pitch in the first place? :shock:
Note to self: Never, under any circumstances, go on a big bank heist with this fella :wink:
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Paolo Futre wrote:Bullied at school no doubt...
as opposed to being a bully, or is that supposed to be cool, not got my head around that concept and football supporters yet
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by clawhammer »

IMO the real problem on the night was the inadequate policing. The threads on here at the time would have enabled all right thinking people to understand what really happened. If the policing had been adequate then there would have been nothing more than minor scuffles.
The real VILLAINS of the night were those ostensibly under West ham or Millwall banners who went to the ground looking for violence regardless of the danger to innocent football fans...of which I am one...I have no time for thugs and the lionising and excusing of the whole ICF,Green Street, Cass etc on this site (by some posters,not all) and elsewhere does not help. Those people are criminals and prison, never mind life bans from UP, is the right place for them.
Those reacting spontaneusly to provocation by using violence against Police and Stewards in the West/STBS corner have no excuse for their violence. They caused danger to others and a life ban from UP would seem appropriate.
The pitch invaders are a different matter and represent much smaller fry. Mostly football fans they were , initially, reacting to a late equaliser against the old enemy. The stewarding, weakened by the actions of those in the corner at the other end could not cope. The second and third invasions were less excusable and consisted of the stupid, the immature and those who cannot hold their drink. I was one of those booing them and chanting "off,off,off"" because I was worried about the game being abandoned and the damage to the football prospects of WHU. The fact is that those invading the pitch knew it was wrong and know there are penalties. A life ban for being stupid, immature or pissed seems harsh and, to deter recurrences, a ban until the end of this season seems about right. No Millwall player was put in any danger thank goodness or the situation would have been far worse.
Now, having said all that I must say that, in the interests of looking at myself in the mirror, I would not grass on any of the above groups because I was brought up that you just don't do that. The only exception might be if I knew who had done the stabbing but I don't so I don't have to even think about it.
The pitch invaders do deserve to be punished in proportion but there are bigger targets who also need to be dealt with, ....not least the Police Commander who should be reduced in rank at least for his total incompetence which resulted in so much unnecessary trouble. The Club, unusually, seem relatively blame free which is refreshing....and surprising!
joyful

Post by joyful »

Clawhammer. :thup:
Can you stand for parliament -- I'd like to vote for you.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

dapablo wrote: as opposed to being a bully, or is that supposed to be cool, not got my head around that concept and football supporters yet
Or the young lad who spent his entire school days trying to pull the young birds and not bothering with all the other ****... where did I say being a bully is "cool"? Furthermore, what concept are you talking about? Watching and believing too much of the media would be my guess... it isn't actually like Green Street, Football Factory etc. guv'nor... honest! But instead, let's just tar the entire football supporter ethos with being a bully is cool shall we? Yes, that should help... :lol:

Personally, I dont give a f*** if people want to run on a pitch, or beat seven bells out of each other. They know the consequences if they get caught.

No other man has a right to grass up those individuals, unless it has directly and strongly effected him or his family... and even then I'd be reluctant to go to the OB... but each to their own and all that.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by clawhammer »

joyful wrote:Clawhammer. :thup:
Can you stand for parliament -- I'd like to vote for you.
No, the expenses are rubbish!
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

clawhammer wrote: The only exception might be if I knew who had done the stabbing but I don't so I don't have to even think about it.
1)The exception MIGHT BE?
2)You would have to think about it?

:shock: unbelieveable!
No wonder this country is ruled by violence! Stand up and be counted!
I tell you no lie, if it was one of my own family who was involved in knife crimes, serious violence etc. whether as an individual or a gang, I would have no hesitation in shopping them either!
brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by brownout »

Excellent post above from Clawhammer.

For info, below is the conclusion of my report produced for the Football Supporters Association and submitted to the FA last week.
In the report I make the same comments as Clawhammer has about the pitch invasions.

CONCLUSION

The behaviour of a minority of supporters of both clubs was deplorable and it appears that inadequate policing, in terms of planning, numbers and response, failed to control the situation.

Previous fixtures between the clubs have passed off without major disorder and it is believed that with appropriate measures this match could also have been played without major problems.

Many West Ham supporters have expressed considerable surprise at the relatively low numbers of police officers initially present and are asking questions as to why the Metropolitan Police apparently chose to deal with this match so differently than previous fixtures between the clubs.

The most serious disorder took place outside the ground, much of it whilst the game was in progress. It is difficult to know how clubs can be held responsible for this or to stop it, and could be argued this is society’s problem, attaching itself to football.

The history between the two sets of supporters and highly charged nature of this fixture are exceptional and the events of 25th August do not indicate a return to widespread hooliganism within football, or that additional policing is necessary for other matches involving either West Ham or Millwall. However should the two clubs meet again in the foreseeable future lessons should be learnt from the events of 25th August, in particular with regard to policing.
whufcjake

Post by whufcjake »

Forever Moore wrote:
1)The exception MIGHT BE?
2)You would have to think about it?

:shock: unbelieveable!
No wonder this country is ruled by violence! Stand up and be counted!
I tell you no lie, if it was one of my own family who was involved in knife crimes, serious violence etc. whether as an individual or a gang, I would have no hesitation in shopping them either!
there is only a few things worse than a grass and one of them is being a peedo Headbanger
Last edited by whufcjake on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
alkali
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by alkali »

....or, perhaps, being an illiterate twat, unless 'pedo' is an abbreviation of 'pedalo'. Hanging is too good for them.
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

Just so I get this right, 'your own' is defined as 34 thousand strangers who happen to show up to the same venue to support the same team as you?

How would you know that the **** who cut you up on the motorway wasn't 'your own' or the hoodie that mugged your dear old nan wasn't 'your own'.

Unreal. :lol: :thdn:

EDIT: After re-reading I know I'll have to clear this up as some mong will take this as me comparing people running onto the pitch with granny muggers.

The post is aimed at the mentality of not 'grassing' 'your own'... so someone who isn't our own is fair game? :think:
Last edited by Iron Spine v2.0 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irish Iron

Post by Irish Iron »

As my name probably indicates, I’m not from the East End but I lived there for many years and I love the place. Two things I dislike intensely about it though are mushy peas and this ‘don’t be a grass’ rule.

The origins of it are rooted in the bullying and intimidation of the residents of the East End so that the criminals in the area could continue to strong-arm and terrorise the people stupid enough to buy into it. It is not some noble tradition but an abhorrent catch 22 where the victims of crime are complicit in the perpetrators continuing freedom.

Some traditions should be let die and people should be guided by their own conscience.

It is the responsibility of the authorities if the punishment is disproportionate, not those discharging their civic duty.

Personally I thought it was a cracking game, amazing atmosphere and I wouldn’t be picking up the phone to call plod had I recognised any of them but nor would I condemn anyone who felt that they should.

My 2 penneth’worth.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Paolo Futre wrote:Or the young lad who spent his entire school days trying to pull the young birds and not bothering with all the other sh*t... where did I say being a bully is "cool"? Furthermore, what concept are you talking about? Watching and believing too much of the media would be my guess... it isn't actually like Green Street, Football Factory etc. guv'nor... honest! But instead, let's just tar the entire football supporter ethos with being a bully is cool shall we? Yes, that should help...
Sorry Paulo but east london is my turf, and I've done years at the boleyn, I knew the south bank. To explain, one doesn't have to specificaly state an opinion it can just as easily be infered, that's why some of this "where did I say that" nonsense becomes disengenuous.
Personally, I dont give a f*** if people want to run on a pitch, or beat seven bells out of each other. They know the consequences if they get caught.
No other man has a right to grass up those individuals, unless it has directly and strongly effected him or his family... and even then I'd be reluctant to go to the OB... but each to their own and all that.
Every man has the duty to care for his society is my opinion. I'm not advocating people turn people in to the authorities for dancing on the pitch by the way, but I do object to the blind I won't say nothing to any authority, some people use that excuse to hide murderers, we all know that.s
EggyBread
Location: Riding in the back-seat of the Roller with Gold & Sullivan!

Post by EggyBread »

Iron Spine v2.0 wrote:Just so I get this right, 'your own' is defined as 34 thousand strangers who happen to show up to the same venue to support the same team as you?

How would you know that the c*** who cut you up on the motorway wasn't 'your own' or the hoodie that mugged your dear old nan wasn't 'your own'.

Unreal. :lol: :thdn:
Precisely, once as a teenager, I was about to lump someone in the face, and he said you won't hit me I'm a west ham fan too.... one black eye later, he knew that wasn't a good defence! Why did he think he could deserve a wallop, but get out of it, just because he supported the same team as me??

To the rose tinted glasses wearing cockneys..... West Ham fans contain villains, criminals, c*nts of the highest order, nonces, and paedos just like every other set of fans.
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

EggyBread wrote:To the rose tinted glasses wearing cockneys..... West Ham fans contain villains, criminals, c*nts of the highest order, nonces, and paedos just like every other set of fans.
Yeah but they're OUR villains, criminals, c*nts, nonces and paedos. :)

..and we are West 'Aaam ! :crest:

(This post is being sarcastic by the way just in case anyone thought I was serious.)
Forever Moore

Post by Forever Moore »

whufcjake wrote:
there is only a few things worse than a grass and one of them is being a peedo Headbanger
Image Do tell us, is ignorance really bliss?

I have already said I wouldn't shop these particular morons but if some people feel that is the right thing for them to do, so be it.
However, there's surely a line where even you would say 'hold on, this is not right'
For me, there are circumstances in life that warrant speaking out against, regardless of who it is, as I've already stated. You choosing that phrase makes me wonder how your world can be so black and white? So you would never speak out against something no matter how vile or disgusting you thought it to be? You would live with the knowledge that someone's father, mother, sister, brother, grandparent etc had been violated, robbed, damaged or worse and not involve yourself even if you had information?

If my son deliberately went out with a knife with the intention of causing pain or fear to another which I was powerless to stop, then I would consider myself a bad parent not to call on those who would act, not only in the best interest of those who need protecting in society, but also to turn my son around, hopefully early enough to nip things in the bud. If it meant him being punished then I would hope he would learn and become a better person.
It's no wonder this country is rife with violent brainless/lazy/crazy/drug/booze fuelled morons (delete where appropriate) intent on causing as much misery and damage as possible to decent humans, just to satisfy their own depraved gratification. I hope you or yours are never attacked/mugged/raped (even, God forbid, killed) by anyone, whether inflicted by 'your own kind' or not.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

:thup:

So those saying you do not grass on your own sanction the actions of Janette Mercer, mother of Sean Mercer (convicted murderer of Rhys Jones) in deliberatly misleading the Police about her son do you?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ailed.html
EggyBread
Location: Riding in the back-seat of the Roller with Gold & Sullivan!

Post by EggyBread »

I wonder if for example these pitch invasions had cost us points/cup place/relegation, would people would be so quick to defend these people and the "don't grass" mentality then....?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

How can a murder be comparable to a bunch of idiots jumping on the pitch?