Snap ownership poll

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Based upon all available information, who would you prefer to take ownership of West Ham United FC?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:36 pm

Intermarket
14%
David Gold & David Sullivan
36%
Tony Fernandes
46%
A.N Other
3%

Total votes: 388

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Snap ownership poll

Post by Up the Junction »

A simple one based on the latest information ...
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Re: Snap ownership poll

Post by hammer1975 »

G+S for me. they have the experience of running a football club and achieving in line with resources. the same at our club should see consistent 10th place or so...we seriously need a couple of seasons of stability IMO.

like fernandes too but the experience of G+S (added to the expectation they'd bring in brady and dux can do one) just edges it for me.
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Is it only me who cannot stand Brady ?
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/0 ... 68x704.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i would :thup:
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

own up, who voted for Intermarket?
munichhammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by munichhammer »

cockney hammer wrote:http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/0 ... 68x704.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i would :thup:
Is that what you look at when you are in the cupboard?
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

I would like to vote Intermarket because it seems they have money, however lets be honest we know nothing about them so until that changes I can't vote for them.

Gold & Sullivan do have the experience but lack the resources, it would be good to get some stability but we need some investment, and well 8m/10m transfer kitty won't get everything we need. There is also a nagging feeling that it would always be what's best for G&S not what's best for West Ham.

Tony Fernandes perhaps could be a good option, seems to have some money, and is a West Ham fan who seems to have some passion for the club. Thats my vote for now.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

Is that what you look at when you are in the cupboard?

i was shagging it in the cupboard :wink:
pennywisepeter

Post by pennywisepeter »

The problem is, we really don't know much about any of the bids and the groups who may or may not have made them.

So I voted Fernandes just because he's a West Ham fan :lol:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

aaronhammer wrote:I would like to vote Intermarket because it seems they have money, however lets be honest we know nothing about them so until that changes I can't vote for them.

How does that work? :lol:
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

Tony Fernandes or G+S, I don't really have a preference between the two. Maybe they could even team up - Fernandes is a busy man, but could keep an eye on G+S ;). Just get the icelandics out and don't replace them with another set of chancers, bankers or anonymous fraudsters like intermarket.
Last edited by Ariksan on Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Matt of iron wrote: How does that work? :lol:
What I meant was if you believe the paper talk about them, but then we don't know who is behind them or if they are real. :wink:
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

aaronhammer wrote:I would like to vote Intermarket because it seems they have money, however lets be honest we know nothing about them so until that changes I can't vote for them.
Gudmundsson seemed to have money too.
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Ariksan wrote:
Gudmundsson seemed to have money too.
He did - Other peoples money.....
Ironworx

Post by Ironworx »

Ariksan wrote:Just get the icelandics out and don't replace them with another set of chancers, bankers or anonymous fraudsters like intermarket.
The Icelandics need to go ASAP, they have brought the club to it's knees and there is no leeway for taking any more....

Icelandics OUT
noble art

Post by noble art »

cant ever see us challenging for a top six place,with G/S so voted for a n other!!
in my lifetime,i want to see us compete at the top,and not just be a mediocre club,wishing for the odd cup run....
:crest:
gavind
Total likes: 1 like

Post by gavind »

at the moment i would take anyone to be honest, my preference would be G&S running the joint, backed by fernandes. Then we would have a chance of competing
FDiMcA
teh
Location: Locked in a cellar, not sure where but I can smell hotdogs

Post by FDiMcA »

noble art wrote:cant ever see us challenging for a top six place,with G/S so voted for a n other!!
G & S, and the poor Brady failed to transform Brum. They took a lower top-tier, upper championship club and left it there. They failed to rebrand it or reach new audiences. They bought at the start of the boom, an asset in the second city, with disastrous finances and recent incompetence, by simply running it as a normal business, as football boomed, they rose. The biggest plus on their track record is the manager they selected, the biggest minus is their failure to invest. They clearly see a club as a tradeable asset, and whilst we know next to nothing about the alternatives, we do know G & S would want managers to work miracles, would issue statmentes about fans needing to be patient, and would simply leave us yo-yoing at a time when clubs like Burnley, Stoke, and Hull have outperformed G & S reasonable feats with Brum.

G & S would see any two from Sunderland, Newcastle, Cardiff, QPR, Birmingham, Leeds, establish themselves above West Ham, would ensure years, aeons of attempting to finish 12th, and facing the odd relegation (at which point they invest enough to return but no more).

The alternatives as next owners are gambles but Ill take a gamble over guaranteed soulless mediocrity.

G & S = West Ham fans.
Sasme as Roeder and Curbs then?
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Fdi,

G&S took over a club sliding towards the third tier of English football. They rebuilt the ground, tripled the attendance and gained promotion to the top flight within seven years. Since then Brum have spent all but two seasons in the Premier League and have a healthy balance sheet that allows the Birmingham squad to be strenghtened when needed.

I call that the basis of a good CV, I don't really want an owner that buys us players through crippling loans.

I do want an owner with the experience and expertise in turning around a club that is in freefall.
noble art

Post by noble art »

where's the fun in that Trap!!
i see your point in stability,however i want to see us challenge,not just exist
its not the west ham way..... :crest: