Our future manager is... Avram Grant

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Pers

Re: Mourinho

Post by Pers »

I really hope he returns to England because the guy is a top character and a great manager. Just love the way he deflects attention off his teams before big matches and onto himself. Also probably the best user of subs I have seen.

I bet Dave is working his magic now to bring him in :D
Green's Hand

Post by Green's Hand »

Faubert's Boot wrote:Yet again with the bulls*** dean
What's bull**** Brady?

the story about him not being happy in Italy is true, press conference being shown on SSN every 10mins :|
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

Green's Hand wrote: Straight swap I think, Zola for Jose
right there deano :wink:
boleyn boy
Total likes: 20 likes

What about Sven as our new manager

Post by boleyn boy »

Listening to he radio this morning and Svens agent said that he really would like to manage in the premier again after the world cup.
I think he has got to be a better option than the ex England manager with the DA hair and brolly who is being touted as Franco's replacement. When I talk to Man City fans they all rate him as a club manager and his record at big clubs aint bad at all. Even with England he has got a good record.His agent says that Sven wage at Notts County was 1/7th of what was published in the press. So he might not cost that much give him a salery based on success what can G&S loose.Cant say l Like the blokes personia but he aint a bad manager and he wont cost nothing as he will be a free agent when the Ivory Coast get knocked out of the world cup. :eh:
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Re: What about Sven as our new manager

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

I agree that he is a half decent manager but no.

The man is a leech and a charlatan.

We dont need a 'Arry mark two.
Welling

Post by Welling »

This is without doubt one of the most ridiculous posts ever to appear in this forum.

Congratulations

:clap:
boleyn boy

Post by boleyn boy »

Agree with you Cockney but l think every player and official at the top are all leaches and greedy. Everbody out to get all they can from the game but if G&S set a performance related salery he will perform to feed his greed and we will get a few decent players because he would be in charge. All the players love him and like to be around him.
boleyn boy

Post by boleyn boy »

we will see welling
Welling

Post by Welling »

boleyn boy wrote:Agree with you Cockney but l think every player and official at the top are all leaches and greedy. Everbody out to get all they can from the game but if G&S set a performance related salery he will perform to feed his greed and we will get a few decent players because he would be in charge. All the players love him and like to be around him.
Stop it now before you lose all credibility. :lol:
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Welling wrote:This is without doubt one of the most ridiculous posts ever to appear in this forum.

Congratulations

:clap:
Why?

He certainly ticks a lot of boxes that I'd be looking for. Maybe not everyone's ideal choice, but I don't really understand why someone with such an excellent managerial record and who would clearly be interested in managing us would be such a ludicrous choice.

I'd be interested to know if anyone on this forum feels that we would be in a similar position if Svennis had been managing us all season? Not trying to dig Zola out or imply anything else, I just think that we'd be comfortably mid-table by now with the same playing staff and SGE as manager!

edit; unless of course you think it's ludicrous it as he's only just become the Ivory Coast manager?
Last edited by Turns to Stone on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

Only if we rename ourselves 'Ivory Coast'. Then, I think you'll find, he is our new manager
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

Turns to Stone wrote:I'd be interested to know if anyone on this forum feels that we would be in a similar position if Svennis had been managing us all season? Not trying to dig Zola out or imply anything else, I just think that we'd be comfortably mid-table by now with the same playing staff and SGE as manager!
A difficult judgement as his friendships with so many agents would probably have meant we had a quite different squad.

I think Sven likes money too much, particuarly at his age he surely wouldn't be interested in slumming it in mid table. Also there's no way on earth he'd sign a performance related contract.
Last edited by QuintonNimoy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shammy

Post by shammy »

Funny how all the so called "great managers" have always had the most money to spend, get the best players and build the best teams. Sir Alex, Mourinio, Sven etc would all struggle to manage a piss poor team/club like West Ham. The team is not "underachieving" its performing at about par for the players that we have, they are just not good enough for Premiership football.
jevs
Has liked: 474 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by jevs »

I wonder how many people would've said the same about Roy Hodgeson before he went to Fulham. I'd love him at WH now. :crest:
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

shammy wrote:Funny how all the so called "great managers" have always had the most money to spend, get the best players and build the best teams. Sir Alex, Mourinio, Sven etc would all struggle to manage a piss poor team/club like West Ham. The team is not "underachieving" its performing at about par for the players that we have, they are just not good enough for Premiership football.
Obviously I can't be sure, but I think we'd be performing better than we have this year had we had Jose Mourinho as our manager!

Yes, some fan expectations at this club are slightly mis-judged, but our the size of our fan base and wage bill would suggest that (imo) we probably shouldn't be in the relegation scrap we currently find ourselves.
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

QuintonNimoy wrote: I think Sven likes money too much, particuarly at his age he surely wouldn't be interested in slumming it in mid table. Also there's no way on earth he'd sign a performance related contract.
You're right of ocurse QM, I just feel that something we seem to have lacked this year is organisation and a good tactical plan for each team. Something that SGE has always brought to the clubs he's managed.

It's all just conjecture though, but I find it odd that the suggestion is met with such contempt!
boleyn boy

Post by boleyn boy »

I just put a point of view over. We will more than likely be looking for a new manager and Sven is only being contracted for the period leading up to and the duration of the World Cup so he will be a free agent and maybe just maybe hew would like to prove a point to some people that he is not all about money that he is actualy a good coach.
Green Hornet
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Green Hornet »

Sorry, but I find it difficult to take anyone who spells the word lose "loose" seriously.
vind

Re: Steve Coppell - future manager?

Post by vind »

I would like the next Alan Pardew if we get relegated, but looking at current championship sides, not sure who that is :think:

Paula Sousa at Swansea? There must be another Pardew type figure if we get relegated

I suspect we have 2 lists of managers but I suspect with the MON /Jose Mourinho rumours there will be a few changes in the summer
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

shammy wrote:Funny how all the so called "great managers" have always had the most money to spend, get the best players and build the best teams. Sir Alex, Mourinio, Sven etc would all struggle to manage a piss poor team/club like West Ham. The team is not "underachieving" its performing at about par for the players that we have, they are just not good enough for Premiership football.
Sir Alex that transformed St. Mirren and then took Aberdeen to a European Cup Winners Cup and won the Scottish league? Mourinho that took Porto to a European Cup?