Our future manager is... Avram Grant

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Steve Coppell

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Coppell is a much better manager than Hughes.
Why?
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

The choice of manager in the summer along with transfers will go a long way in determining how many season tickets they sell...

Can't see Coppell here for that reason.... I would consider not renewing as it lacks any ambition.

Hughes or Bilic would be my choice!!!
DanielHammer

Post by DanielHammer »

Coppell had one good season in the premiership, just as we did when we first got promoted, just like Hull,Wigan,Birmingham. After that he got them relegated. Hardly an inspiring candidate. I would rater have Pardew back.I am looking around at the moment an i just can't see a manger who inspires me with confidence. Hoddle, Hughes,McClaren, Curbs. None of them would take us to the next level. The best out of that lot is Hughes but he does not inspire me with confidence. He looked out of his depth at Man City, done a decent job at Blackburn but notably only when he had Bellamy. Once he left he did no better then what Curbs did at West Ham or Alladyce is doing now at Blackburn. Sullivan and Gold have a very hard choice on their hands.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

What has Coppell done?
joyful

Post by joyful »

Pardew and Coppell are (or were) close friends. I can see Pardew back at some stage.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Coppell , Hughes , Hoddle.....all the same . Competent .

The owners will want 3 years or so of mid table upwards predictability , which they will match with a salary budget of around £50m - £60m .

The square root of nowt will be avilable as an additional transfer kitty - maybe £10-£15m total over a couple of seasons , other than that it's sell to buy .

So the new Man or Woman will need to be able to wheel and deal , have an eye for versatile , durable players and get the total to be much more than the sum of their collective parts .

Hughes I suspect is more ambitious than the other two , Hoddle may be the best tactically , but Coppell has the all round attributes , and would be a safe bet for 4 or 5 seasons .
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

I don't give a **** who the new manager is as long as he is over 6 foot, can interject a "f***" every other word, can throw something heavier than a plate of sandwhiches, can make grown men cry and frighten the **** out of them.
joyful

Post by joyful »

Post Horn Gallop on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:20 pm

I don't give a sh*t who the new manager is as long as he is over 6 foot, can interject a "f***" every other word, can throw something heavier than a plate of sandwhiches, can make grown men cry and frighten the sh*t out of them.
so, Joe Kinnear it is then... :)
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

DanielHammer wrote: Hoddle, Hughes,McClaren, Curbs. None of them would take us to the next level.
The next level for us is to be comfortable mid table all of the above have demonstrated that ability easily.
DanielHammer wrote: The best out of that lot is Hughes but he does not inspire me with confidence. He looked out of his depth at Man City,
How did he look out of his depth?? was it the way he steered a bunch of virtual strangers to their first semi-final in years and put them on course for a 4th place finish. His record at Citeh is better than Mancinis i think
DanielHammer wrote: done a decent job at Blackburn but notably only when he had Bellamy.
True, he definitely did better at Blackburn with the likes of Bellamy, Santa Cruz, McCarthy, Nelson, Samba and Bentley...all of which he signed for next to nothing!! Not sure what your point is there.
DanielHammer wrote: Once he left he did no better then what Curbs did at West Ham or Alladyce is doing now at Blackburn. Sullivan and Gold have a very hard choice on their hands.
He sold off some of the best players (Bentley, Bellamy), made huge profits and managed to keep them safely mid table, we should be lapping up that sort of pedigree!!

Hughes has the exact sort of CV we should be hoping for, IF they decide to remove Zola. I'm not really a fan of Sparky but you can't knock results (unless they're under Curbs of course :wink: )
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Some people are funny.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Based on what reasoning?
deputydogg

Post by deputydogg »

Hoddle :shock: :shock: Headbanger
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

the pink palermo wrote:Coppell , Hughes , Hoddle.....all the same . Competent .

The owners will want 3 years or so of mid table upwards predictability , which they will match with a salary budget of around £50m - £60m .

The square root of nowt will be avilable as an additional transfer kitty - maybe £10-£15m total over a couple of seasons , other than that it's sell to buy .

So the new Man or Woman will need to be able to wheel and deal , have an eye for versatile , durable players and get the total to be much more than the sum of their collective parts .

Hughes I suspect is more ambitious than the other two , Hoddle may be the best tactically , but Coppell has the all round attributes , and would be a safe bet for 4 or 5 seasons .
Well sell Green, Upson and Behrami for 20m and the new manager has 25-30m to spend to re-build a team with below as a start....

----------------------------New GK----------------------------
Faubert--------Tomkins------New CB---------Drapela
---------Noble---------Parker----------Collison--------
--------------------------Diamanti--------------------------
----------------Cole--------------McCarthy----------------

Any decent manager with 20m to add to that team should be able to reach mid table and the odd cup run.....

If they employ a no mark like Coppell they will have record season ticket lows and struggle to fill the ground each week
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

thanks for the info :thup:
Welling

Post by Welling »

If we do end up looking for a new manager, I would like us to go for a German.

Discipline, Experience and Tactical know how.

Shame Otto Rehagel is 71.

Maybe Klinsman I don't know

I'm just sick of French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and Dutch managers.
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

Some dicks in the pub up here said we have talked to Tony Mowbray now he's out of Celtic :?

Prob talking ***** but that's the talk Edinburgh way Headbanger
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Thanks Chalks and Brownfatwa

:thup:
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

Hopefully Zola can just about manage to keep us up and then resign in the summer with his head held high.

Coppell would be a decent appointment for next season, as would George Burley. I'm suprised no-one has mentioned his name on here really.
regandwendy

Post by regandwendy »

if zola goes don't want hughes he's welsh !!!!!!!!!
Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

There's some right old names on here... how long before we're linked with the likes of Souness, Keegan, George Graham, Harry Bassett etc etc?