Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Cuenca,

I think Dzeko is slightly different to the others. He's still managed 40 games this season, albeit quite a few of them off the bench. He's not happy and wants out. I think he'll leave for another champions league club, possibly Juventus.
Coledinho

Post by Coledinho »

The last four pages have been filled with deluded rubbish or what. Keep it realistic guys

No doubt we will chase Joe Cole in my eyes. What we would need to give up is another thing altogether. Id offer Liverpool about 1.5 mill, Joe Cole a 2.5 mill sign on fee and about 40k wages on a 3 year deal. If that doesnt get it done we would have to walk away surely

I do like the idea of signing of Kieran Richardson. Good over the dead ball, very verstaile. Do have time for him at LB in a 4-2-3-1 style formation too.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

MNOB

Exactly mate. He wants to be playing regularly and more than likely being a starter instead of coming off the bench. Fair play to him for wanting a move to play more.

I don't understand players who don't play and staying put because of the wages. They earn enough these days to be way above what most people earn even with a wage cut. Not just because I think he wold make us a much better team, I am realistic enough to know that Johnson wouldn't come here, but he could play for half the league and make them better and himself an England regular. But my guess is he won't. Not that I know the lad but I think I read something about him looking to sign a new contract. Why would you when you don't play much now ?

Not digging him out, just thinking that they is a fair few now that are doing the same thing. Not playing.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

Happens at every level, not just the top clubs. John Carew should be playing regularly at his age. His national team manager has said he'll only get in the team if he's playing regularly. Instead he's happy to pick up his pay check at West Ham safely in the knowledge he'll not earn the same elsewhere.

I think it's partly due to an over inflated opinion of themselves. I'm sure Adam Johnson thinks he's good enough to play for City so shouldn't have to go elsewhere to get games. Probably down to agents pocketing 15%, telling them to stick it out and try to get into the team.

We need more players like James Tomkins and Carlton Cole who put personal happiness over money. They both enjoy being here but know they could earn more elsewhere. As a result they're happy to play on with injuries, do lots of media work and promote the club whenever they can. I think it helps that under Sam/Nolan/Downes etc. there seems to be more of a togetherness around the club. If word gets out that amongst players that West Ham is a fun club to play for I'm sure we'll do better in the transfer market. I'm guessing we've missed out on players in the past few years because current or former players have told them how it's all a bit of a shambles/boring (under grant/curbs)
Coledinho

Post by Coledinho »

Given our loan relationship with Inter Milan id love to take McDonald Mariga out on loan. They cant keep him as they have too many non-EU players. He should be able to get a work permit here given all the games he has played for Kenya.; Only on around 30k a week too. Would fill the DCM spot perfectly
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

MNOB

Again don't disagree, but Carew is from a smallish nation and at the fag end of his career. As much as playing for his country is more than likely most players goal, the work involved to stay fit and sharp might just not be worth it ~ not in the young, angry and hungry brigade ~ whereas AJ is still very young and if not careful won't be playing in the top flight.

Now they have won the PL, there will be more players joining and him moved down the list. Dzeko wants to play and so will more than likely go elsewhere. Kolo Toure can't get a game now either. Wonder if he'll be offski soon. Yaya wants another challenge and if the fishwraps are to be believed, Eden Hazard's agent wants 6M to "facilitate" his move.

I remember reading somewhere that Chel$ki paid around 9 M in agents fees for Ramires and one other I think.
Ignasio_COYI

Post by Ignasio_COYI »

Stop talking for Berbatov.It won`t happen.

HE SAYS that 100% he is off from England.And his next destination will be a club playing in CL from Western Europe.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Eden Hazard's agent wants 6M to "facilitate" his move.
Eden Hazard is a bit of a cock from what I've seen. Told everyone he was going to reveal his choice of club next season at a press conference last night. Spent ages talking about himself and then said he hasn't decided yet. From what I've read, he loves to be centre of attention.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

But negotiations floundered as City lost patience with Hazard's representatives over their refusal to budge from his sky-high wage demands and an incredible £6m fee for organising the move from the French First Division club.

From the DM ~ not reliable but the might be a bit of truth to it....

How is it that Chelsea paid so much to agents? Chelsea have not shed light on these numbers, so we can try to do so. Perhaps the key to understanding how Chelsea could have spent some £9,5 million in agents` fees, despite two relatively modest years in the transfer market, lies in the definition of the payments made as payments made by clubs directly to agents for bringing players in, renegotiating their contracts or for facilitating their sale.

We venture that Chelsea will have had to pay commissions on some failed transfer deals. If Chelsea tried to negotiate with Valencia for David Villa (and we understand that this happened), agents will have been involved. They will pocket a fee even simply for organising a meeting. By all indications, Chelsea use a number of high-power figures to do just this.

But it is likely to be contract renegotiations that have piled on the costs most heavily. Chelsea has seen a flurry of players prolonging their stay at the club: Salomon Kalou, Ashley Cole, Florent Malouda, Didier Drogba, Alex, Michael Essienne, Michael Mancienne and, most publicly, John Terry signed new contracts with Chelsea (to name but a few of them). The exercise has proved important for the club, as (unlike most of our immediate English rivals) Chelsea lost none of its key players over the summer. Moreover, with Chelsea`s transfer ban hanging over the club, there is a risk that it could lose players without being able to substitute them. For this reason, Chelsea needed to tie key personnel down. Each of these renegotiations will see agents trousering a commission.

All this will explain why, despite having signed relatively few players, Chelsea nevertheless spent a substantial sum on agents` fees. This is not to justify the amounts involved (which clearly indicate a certain waste and accompany a sub-optimal transfer policy), merely to explain them. A better transfer policy would result in the club needing to pay less to agents.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Reading want to get Matty Philips apparently..
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

TurnbullHammer wrote:Reading want to get Matty Philips apparently..
We should be all over this as an upgrade and replacement for Faubert.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Phillips is big mates with Rob Hall. We've showed interest in the Jan window as well, so id expect at least an enquiry.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Reading have apparently sorted a £4 million deal with Watford for Mariappa...
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Denbighammer wrote: We should be all over this as an upgrade and replacement for Faubert.
Definitely :thup:
Rockhampton Hammer
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Rockhampton Hammer »

A cheeky offer for Torres anyone?
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

Saints are after Jay Rodriguez.

Also, Zaha signed a 5 and a half year contract in December which means he will cost a fortune.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Two main targets (doesn't mean it will happen) Defoe and Joe Cole.

Defoe, Carlton Cole and Vaz Te = Goals :thup:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Don't want Zaha overrated hype, cost far too much as well

Matt Phillips would cost a bomb I reckon, they were rejecting big bids in Jan.

We could still do with another target man backup/improvement for Cole, Yakubu? Wouldn't mind Flecther as well.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

Coledinho wrote:The last four pages have been filled with deluded rubbish or what. Keep it realistic guys
Wait till you read the next 400 pages - and thats before we sign anyone!

Pity we cant keep this thread to "Transfer and Rumours" only and then start another for "Dreams, Fantasies and Orgasmic Wishlist Discussions".

This summer is going to longer than the week leading up to the play off final :thup:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

fmgod wrote:Don't want Zaha overrated hype, cost far too much as well

Matt Phillips would cost a bomb I reckon, they were rejecting big bids in Jan.

We could still do with another target man backup/improvement for Cole, Yakubu? Wouldn't mind Flecther as well.
4 million and he would be ours I reckon.

Holloway let a load of his big players leave last year because they wanted too.