Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Pulls up Trees
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by Pulls up Trees »

Matt of iron wrote:Not that I'm willing to have an argument on such a tenuous link but you couldn't play those three in a 3 man midfield.

Well you could but only once!
Why not? It's not like membership of the Premier League requires a Defensive Midfielder these days.... Not that I'm condoning this Seedorf ****-fest that's going on in this thread, but just sayin....
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1035 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Seedorf? I just read that we'd bid for Leon Osman. Surely we wouldn't sign two players of that calibre?
D C
Has liked: 1120 likes
Total likes: 1467 likes

Post by D C »

You dont NEED a defensive mid in the PL but at our part of the table (bottom to mid). You need some energy and recovery pace in there.
Mad Professor
Has liked: 276 likes

Post by Mad Professor »

MATTD5677 wrote:Some nonsense about his mate being a cab driver and taking Mrs Crouch somewhere in London and her talking about how they missed London and were in discussions with us
This sounds like our old friend Stan from the hamster infested badlands of Ongar aka Essex Exile!
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Pulls up Trees wrote:
Why not? It's not like membership of the Premier League requires a Defensive Midfielder these days.... Not that I'm condoning this Seedorf ****-fest that's going on in this thread, but just sayin....
Well there all about as slow as my nan and she has been dead for ten years.

Could be a slight issue!

Again, this is a very weird discussion. :lol:
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Chuck D wrote: His Uncle Mickey is telling him to go to Spurs.
I'll give you a laugh. :lol:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Is there such a thing as a Seedorf salad? If not there should be.
Ignasio_COYI

Post by Ignasio_COYI »

Don`t you remember what type of players BFS take when Bolton was in Premiership in their first year.
YES pensioners like Ivan Campo and Yuri Jourkaef and so on.
Seedorf can easily come to us.But for sure he is not the player we must rely on establishing us in Premiership.
It won`t be bad for us such a star to come here but we must spend on players which are going to be with us for years.

Zaha,Clyne are players with future and buying a goal machine like Bas Dost is a step forward for us and a obvious sign that we want to move forward not just fightning not to get relegated.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Zaha at his age (19/20?) would be a great signing for us, still very raw from what I saw of him in the Championship but the potential is there. I really wanted to see us go after Matt Jarvis but looks like we'll be getting Kieran Richardson, which may be smarter as I reckon Wolves would have an unrealistic asking price.

Have we been linked with any Centre Backs yet? Would think were going to need to sign at least two before the start of the season.
fireman

Post by fireman »

Nesticles wrote:Have we been linked with any Centre Backs yet? Would think were going to need to sign at least two before the start of the season.
Franco Baresi :lol:
tufufcboy

Post by tufufcboy »

I no it was against amatuer players last night in the charity match, but he looks bloody good, his touch was amazing and passing was like 80 odd percent at the end of the game, One of the most underated players in his prime. Love the fella, would ****ing go mad if we signed Seedorf, It would be the most exciting signing since Tevez!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

tufufcboy wrote:I no it was against amatuer players last night in the charity match, but he looks bloody good, his touch was amazing and passing was like 80 odd percent at the end of the game, One of the most underated players in his prime. Love the fella, would ****ing go mad if we signed Seedorf, It would be the most exciting signing since Tevez!

Would also be a great way of attracting other players to us if they see him already here, could be very inteligent thinking behind this.
Hawaiian hammer

Post by Hawaiian hammer »

Definite no on Seedorf for me. He WAS a great player but at 36 he is on a downhill slide, losing pace and stamina has a big impact on that type of player and that will be further highlighted by moving to the EPL which plays a faster game. To much of a luxury signing.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Hazard going Chelsea

So says my source any way..

Sky sports news
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Yea Why Not wrote:Hazard going Chelsea

So says my source any way..

Sky sports news
Just seen it on Sky Sports as well, apparently announced via his Twitter. Nothing about how much he cost them though.
TheFuMaster

Post by TheFuMaster »

On Hazard, very arrogant and I don't see him succeeding with Chelsea's style of football. Kagawa is a much better player

Back to WH, didn't Zaha sign a 5 year contract in december? Haven't watched him this season. Would he be worth the price?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Georgee Paris wrote:Zaha is the next Ashley Young.
He could be, according to a Palace supporter I know.

He needs a team to be drafted into, no doubt, but he's fast as a winger like Valencia at Man U (maybe not as quick as Bale, but not far off). His end product isn't non-existent, more a question of needing focus, something he might get if he's given a chance at a team at our level.

Don't think he's all that in any kind of defensive way, so could deputise maybe for Vaz Te?
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

I have only seen Zaha twice. The first was against Man Utd in league cup and he stood out. The other was against us at home and he was the first player I saw all season that really gave Tomkins the run around.

Would be a great signing but that boy is destined for bigger and better things.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1492 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Tarbs wrote:I have only seen Zaha twice. The first was against Man Utd in league cup and he stood out. The other was against us at home and he was the first player I saw all season that really gave Tomkins the run around.

You mean..........................he's signing for Villa :shock:
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Tarbs wrote:I have only seen Zaha twice. The first was against Man Utd in league cup and he stood out. The other was against us at home and he was the first player I saw all season that really gave Tomkins the run around.

Is he though? From what I've heard he is yet to show any consistancy over the past couple years. And if he can't perform consistently in the Championship who's to say he'll ever do so in the big league. I certainly wouldn't gamble a big chunk of our transfer budget on him if I'm honest