Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

saludo de carlitos

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Transfer ITK ‏@ITK_TRANSFER
West Brom have made a 3m bid for West Ham forward Ricardo Vaz Te ‪#wba‬ ‪#whu‬
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

:lol:
bobo

Post by bobo »

To be fair to Moose he only said he was going to check the rumour that Clyne had signed for us.

I don't really fully understand the Elmo signing, I just can't see where he fits into our formation. He ain't really a LB and I wouldn't say he was an out an out winger for a 4-3-3.

I guess your looking at a side like this:

------------------------Jussi-----------------------

Clyne-------Tomkins----Reid-----Richardson

---------------Diame----Noble-----------------

Elmo--------------Nolan----------Vaz Te

---------------------Jones---------------------
Bishy

Post by Bishy »

I've yet to see any Twitter rumours of an ex-Bolton player.

As for the Richardson, Jones, Elmo one. I reckon there is some truth in it. Just my instinct nothing more. But it would be very West Ham....very budget.

Most would view Richardson as an acceptable addition.
Jones is a poor mans Carlton Cole and has been only stated as a 'last resort' type signing.
And Elmo feels like a let down. Especially as Young Jack categorically stated we weren't interested not so long ago.

Seems to lack the creativity and pace the team needs.

Whilst being realistic I would prefer some one like Mackie over Elmohammedy
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by Believer »

Bishy wrote:
Whilst being realistic I would prefer some one like Mackie over Elmohammedy
Going by the way that QPR are throwing their money around with Park and possibly Hoillett, not to mention Cisse, Zamora, Johnson, SWP - the signing of Mackie might actually have legs and I must admit I'd agree with you that I'd be far happier with him than the other fella (Elmo)
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

I do think I would be somewhat underwhelmed if we signed Kenwyne Jones... and by somewhat I mean massively. He just doesn't impress me at all nowadays.

Kieran Richardson I'd like... Not going to set the world on fire but he'd be a good solid signing. Always felt like he'd come back to West Ham one day - hoping it's true.

As for the other Twitter rumours... Can't see us signing Elia, Krasic OR Yilmaz. No chance.
TurnbullHammer

Post by TurnbullHammer »

On his day Jones is a very good player, if Big Sam thinks he's worth a punt he probably is...
I think he's 27?
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

"Update: Tonight a deal to sign Milos Krasic has collapsed. Player impressed by club ambition but agent told him he could join better clubs." Source: twitter.com/newswhufc

Bloody agents! What I don't get here: If Krasic was impressed with the club why didn't he just sign the contract ? Shouldn't the player decide where he wants to play ? I guess we'll here more of those big name deals collapsing now, Yilmaz will be next, so we'll end up with Elmo and Jones.

So what's the big signing of this window going to be ? O'Brien signed to a two-year contract extension ??? :evil:
mcinerney7

Post by mcinerney7 »

dont know if anybody noticed this earlier but
West Ham News ‏@WhufcNews
Patrick Agyemang in a medical after being released by QPR
Northammer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Northammer »

Wouldn't cry too much about Jones, as long as he's not first choice...

How much would he be, you think?
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

What a complete waste of time with those big names, why bother ? We talk with the players, we convince them, that West Ham is a good club for them, we even sort out deals, only for agents telling their players that West Ham is too small for them ?
Or the players deciding they'd rather play for Lazio or Galatasaray or Bremen ?

Let's stop being messed around and ridiculed, let's go for realistic targets who are actually prepared to come to us.
I just hate if the club is being used as a negotiating tool or a shopping window... :evil:
Number9
Has liked: 138 likes

Post by Number9 »

HamburgHammer wrote:What a complete waste of time with those big names, why bother ? We talk with the players, we convince them, that West Ham is a good club for them, we even sort out deals, only for agents telling their players that West Ham is too small for them ?
Or the players deciding they'd rather play for Lazio or Galatasaray or Bremen ?

Let's stop being messed around and ridiculed, let's go for realistic targets who are actually prepared to come to us.
I just hate if the club is being used as a negotiating tool or a shopping window... :evil:
Is all this happening in some parallel universe 'cause I'm not sure it's what's really happening.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

HamburgHammer wrote: I just hate if the club is being used as a negotiating tool :evil:
It is, by the owners. To sell more season tickets.
It will be the same as every window. Linked with big names and end up with a bunch of frees, a couple of loans and a couple of million spent.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

So Number), what do you think is happening (or not happening rather) with Krasic ? I guess we'll hear the complete story soon enough, but from what I've heard Krasic's agent wasn't satisfied with the money HE could make from the deal.
So he told Krasic better deals (and clubs) were possible for him. The player himself was apparently happy with the deal and West Ham.

But again: I'd be interested in your point of view. Or are you just questioning if the Krasic deal has actually collapsed at all ?
Or are you saying Krasic was never on and just a smokescreen to keep the Twitter crowd entertained ?
Number9

Post by Number9 »

HamburgHammer wrote:So Number), what do you think is happening (or not happening rather) with Krasic ? I guess we'll hear the complete story soon enough, but from what I've heard Krasic's agent wasn't satisfied with the money HE could make from the deal.
So he told Krasic better deals (and clubs) were possible for him. The player himself was apparently happy with the deal and West Ham.

But again: I'd be interested in your point of view. Or are you just questioning if the Krasic deal has actually collapsed at all ?
Or are you saying Krasic was never on and just a smokescreen to keep the Twitter crowd entertained ?
Understandably the club are keeping their transfer targets close the their chests.
Just no point in getting up tight about missing out on a player the club may never have had any interest in anyway.
If you make up a rumour which turns out to be false you then have to justify the original rumour with some good reason it didn't happen.
It's all b*llocks.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

All b*llocks meaning Krasic was never a target and we didn't agree a deal with him ? So are you saying Krasic was just an imagination from a Twitter twat spreading to dozens of other Twitter accounts without any truth in it whatsoever ? :think:
Number9

Post by Number9 »

HamburgHammer wrote:All b*llocks meaning Krasic was never a target and we didn't agree a deal with him ? So are you saying Krasic was just an imagination from a Twitter twat spreading to dozens of other Twitter accounts without any truth in it whatsoever ? :think:
I don't know any more than you but if it doesn't come directly from the club I wouldn't take it too seriously.
We had a long list of potential targets that's getting shorter by the day for various reasons.
The only player I know we are close to signing is Nat Clyne but until it's announced officially I wouldn't give that too much credence.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

WHUFC_News This is coming from a very reliable source (physio) we have contacted Barca about loan moves for Cuenca and Thiago
heyaustin

Post by heyaustin »

I dont think they would ever come here.
Side of Ham

Post by Side of Ham »

'Ouston would be over in a shot! :D