Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bobo

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by bobo »

I have got to be honest I am underwhelmed by most players we have been linked with barr Zaha, who I think will be a real coup. The rest are just average, I don't mind Richardson but I still don't think he is that much of what we need unless we are playing him at Left-back.

I would much rather go for young players with something to prove then ageing pro's Loki g for a big pay packet! Much rather spend 7m on Rodrigez then 4m on Holt, silly money.
Geezer56

Re: Grant Holt

Post by Geezer56 »

No bid made according to SSN now
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

I wouldn't say no for a two season deal for him. Would be a good addition to the squad.
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

Surely it is nailed on for him to go to Villa with Lambert.

Doubt he would come to us if the Villa offer is on the table.

Would rather get Fletcher from Wolves if possible.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

whitechapel hammer wrote:Surely it is nailed on for him to go to Villa with Lambert.

Doubt he would come to us if the Villa offer is on the table.

Would rather get Fletcher from Wolves if possible.
Now he is a player worth paying 6 M for.

Consistently scored goals in a **** Wolves team.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... eculation-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wally Downes has played down speculation linking West Ham with goalkeepers Jussi Jaaskelainen or Paul Robinson.

England goalkeeper Green is out of contract this summer and is set to leave Upton Park on a free transfer with La Liga outfit Malaga a possible destination.

And the Hammers have been linked with moves for Bolton’s Jaaskelainen or Blackburn’s Robinson to replace Green.

But first-team coach Downes insists he would have no problem with Henderson making the step up and has tipped him to do a good job if called upon.

“We’ve got Henderson who we brought from Portsmouth last year who has been Rob’s understudy and he has been an excellent acquisition,” Downes said.

“And we wouldn’t have had any qualms about putting him in if Rob would have got injured but obviously if Rob does leave that would leave a position where [Henderson] can go in as number one or we get someone in and Henderson can understudy again for a while.

“We’re quite relaxed about it because if Rob stays we don’t have to do it but if Rob goes we have certainly got a goalkeeper who could go in and it wouldn’t be a big panic that we have to go out and get someone straight away.”
Ignasio_COYI

Post by Ignasio_COYI »

Edited for content
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User breached site rules after previous ban
Ilunga's Pants

Post by Ilunga's Pants »

Just a bit of idle speculation (but then again what else would we do in this thread?) but what about Holt following Lambert to Villa and Darren Bent feeling like a change of scenery?
whorya

Post by whorya »

From what i was, Sam has gave a list of his targets to the board and identified 2 players he wants the board to push for,Zaha isn't one of the 2 but may well be on his list. One of his top targets is definitely English and the two Dave's are already trying to attract this player, managerial merry go rounds may help swing move.
I cant comment on what is happening behind the scenes at Palace and if your source is correct then I'd be very happy.
:crest:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I would much ratger get Yakubu than Holt.

Hes had one good season in the premiership and a career thats nothing of note previous to that. I think if it was in the region of £2million then it would be fair enough but £4million and a likely 3 year deal is just stupidity. You know for a fact he will want a lengthy contract and a bit of a payrise. We will be left with Holt and Nolan at 34 years of age picking up high wages and sitting on their arses.

Yakubu will be similar wages and we know full well what he can do at this level. I think he would be a risk free signing and do a job for a couple if years.

.....I have not heard anything other then a smal article the other week, but Louis Saha would be a great piece of business if we could pull it off. He always scores goals and his fitness has looked a lot better last few seasons.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Ignasio_COYI wrote:I can`t believe !
These are the type of posts I piss myself at when going on forums of other clubs.

Quick question though... what is a noss ?
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited as original comment breached site rules
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

GaryP wrote:These are the type of posts I piss myself at when going on forums of other clubs.

Quick question though... what is a noss ?
I know I facepalmed. Jesus he wants to move on. We're not going to pay over the odds for him to stay. No players bigger than the club. Cheers Green, but I'm not losing any sleep. We know what happened the last time we were paying every dick and harry massive wages...
Last edited by Mike420 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

whorya wrote:From what i was, Sam has gave a list of his targets to the board and identified 2 players he wants the board to push for,Zaha isn't one of the 2 but may well be on his list. One of his top targets is definitely English and the two Dave's are already trying to attract this player, managerial merry go rounds may help swing move.
I cant comment on what is happening behind the scenes at Palace and if your source is correct then I'd be very happy.
:crest:
Hey whorya, what happened to your rumour from your MD about the gentleman's agreement between Huddersfield and West Ham regarding the sale of Jordan Rhodes ? Any updates there ?
kielhammer

Post by kielhammer »

Ignasio_COYI wrote:I can`t believe !
Are you going to give us more of your in depth statistical analysis to back up whatever point you're trying to make?
But you're right,silly money. I was just saying to my friends,that poor Green,i wonder how he makes ends meets.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Original comment breached site rules
Ilunga's Pants

Post by Ilunga's Pants »

Ignasio_COYI wrote:I can`t believe ...
If you're referring to this:
David Gold ‏@DavidGoldWHU
“@Calum_Mcpherson: @DavidGoldWHU no one liked Upson, we actually like Green #WHU4LIFE” Not the point. dg
...then I'd just like to point out that he's not the one saying that no one liked Upson, he's rightly telling the person who did write it that it's irrelevant.
Last edited by bristolhammerfc on Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Original post breached site rules
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

People on here and elsewhere I feel the club/Sam, are really starting to get together in the last year, not paying silly wages, not giving ultra long contracts to pass it players, we are moving in the right way in the transfer market, been shrewd and not offering every player who played for a big team once thousands a week when they are injury prone or finished.
simonirons
Has liked: 376 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by simonirons »

Golds earlier tweet was along the lines of Rob's contract has expired and he has left, the same as upson
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Kuyt has joined Fenerbahce.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Try to get John Guidetti!
Then we can concentrate on other parts of the team.
whorya

Post by whorya »

Hi HH, Rhodes will decide his future whilst on his holidays, 50/50 at mo. Sam rates him, said he reminds if of a young Shearer.
Huddersfield don't need the money but have told Rhodes to that he must decided so Manager can plan ahead. My MD feels that Rhodes not been the same since Clarke got the boot as Clarke was why he stayed in last window.