Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by Turns to Stone »

Puff, yesterday we got promoted via the playoffs. We're currently £40m in debt. We're the 20th ranked club in the Premier Leagu in terms of league placings. Yet for some reason, you've decided that we should be going in for players that are currently at top 6 clubs and earning £60k plus a year. You conveniently ignored the fact that everyone pulled you up on your 'fact' that Kevin Nolan is earning £80k a year, and now you're suggesting that we should be in for Andy Carroll, Darren Bent and that Ginzalo Higuain will be going to Liverpool.

It's bad enough hearing 15 year-old Eastern Europeans talking about our signings as if we some sort of bottomless pit of money/ambition, but you're old enough to know better,

I'll be looking for some sensible free transfers, utilising the loan market again and making us better than 3 - 4 other clubs in the league.

You're talking like we should be doubling the wage bill and pushing for top 10. It's exactly the same **** that happened before Grant's season and ended up with us thinking it would be a walk in the park.

Think about what you're saying ffs.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2677 likes
Total likes: 1779 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

OK , If someone else provides some full backs , I'll try and help old Sam with the rest .

Pick any 4 or 5 from these .

Centre back - Wheater from Bolton .

Playmaker - Mark Davies from Bolton .

Midfielders - Petrov from Bolton . , Kightly and Jarvis from Wolves , Nzonzi from Blackburn , Whittingham from Cardiff , Snodgrass from Leeds

Forwards - Fletcher from Wolves , Johnny Russell from Dundee Utd , Rhodes from Huddersfield and yeah , I know Kevin Davies from Bolton .

Imagine Petrov on the left with Carton and Fletcher up front , and Mark Davies behind , feeding them choice through balls . [ better than caviar ] . Throw Vas Te into the mix , and we'd look like Brazil . :lol:
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

20th Feb 2012 this was reported in the Daily Mail

We tried to sign Torres, admits West Ham chief Sullivan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... orres.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Turns to Stone wrote:Puff, yesterday we got promoted via the playoffs. We're currently £40m in debt. We're the 20th ranked club in the Premier Leagu in terms of league placings. Yet for some reason, you've decided that we should be going in for players that are currently at top 6 clubs and earning £60k plus a year. You conveniently ignored the fact that everyone pulled you up on your 'fact' that Kevin Nolan is earning £80k a year, and now you're suggesting that we should be in for Andy Carroll, Darren Bent and that Ginzalo Higuain will be going to Liverpool.

It's bad enough hearing 15 year-old Eastern Europeans talking about our signings as if we some sort of bottomless pit of money/ambition, but you're old enough to know better,

I'll be looking for some sensible free transfers, utilising the loan market again and making us better than 3 - 4 other clubs in the league.

You're talking like we should be doubling the wage bill and pushing for top 10. It's exactly the same **** that happened before Grant's season and ended up with us thinking it would be a walk in the park.

Think about what you're saying ffs.
Thought as much. You have put your own interpretations on my posts. I have not even muted that we look at one player currently at a top 6 club, but I think G&S did a few months back. Maybe, you thought I said that, but I hoped I made things clear in that post, but once again, it appears not
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

west ham15 wrote:20th Feb 2012 this was reported in the Daily Mail

We tried to sign Torres, admits West Ham chief Sullivan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... orres.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On loan then yeah.

Quick, let's get Ibrahimovich,,,,I've heard he's after a new club,

ffs
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

absolutely agree with TTS.

Some of your suggestions are just ridiculous Puff. It's fine to mention players you'd like us to buy, but to name players like Carroll, Torres and Bent (not to mention Kanoute...) as actualy serious suggestions is nothing short of embarrassing.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

Ignasio_COYI wrote: ....But as i said 6 months ago it was so obvious that Gold and Sullivan relegated us last year to rearrange the squad and trim the wages......

.... COYI!!!! As you can`t understand who i were it`s me BG_HAMMER! CHEERS!
I see the posts are still just as ridiculous.

The chairmen deliberately relegated the club, losing millions of pounds in the process, with a very real chance of not coming back up, just reduce a bit off of the wage bill and so they could sell the footballer of the year to a rival club for £5m ?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

I'd be really pleased if we signed Ibrahimovich or Torres. :thup:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

Dyl wrote:absolutely agree with TTS.

Some of your suggestions are just ridiculous Puff. It's fine to mention players you'd like us to buy, but to name players like Carroll, Torres and Bent (not to mention Kanoute...) as actualy serious suggestions is nothing short of embarrassing.
The only suggestion I have made is Bent and I do think he is realistic ~ as is Kanoute by the way
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Thought as much. You have put your own interpretations on my posts. I have not even muted that we look at one player currently at a top 6 club, but I think G&S did a few months back. Maybe, you thought I said that, but I hoped I made things clear in that post, but once again, it appears not
You mis-read my initial post, Puff.

I said that you are talking guff - Chamakh - (not to mention your talk of Carroll, Torres and Bent).

I then addressed the others on this site mentioning other ambitious suggestions that just add to the unrealistic ambitions of this club that already exist.

You're all or nothing, Puff.

We're either an embarrassment to the shirt (Burton Albion) or we're one of only 4 clubs in the league in for Darren Bent....it is actually embarrassing.

By the way,, what about the fact that you made up that Kevin Nolan is on 80k a week?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3012 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

TTS

I understand the financial position the club is in , and have consistently called for our owners to inject additional equity to address that issue .

As fans surely we have a reasonable expectation that the turnover that is generated by our support of the club , be it at the box office, club shop, sky subscriptions and support of sponsors products , be invested in the playing staff .

As such , I expect the club turnover to be around £90m this coming season .We know the club spent £35m or so this season on wages and around £4m net on transfer fees , so we have plenty to play with , possibly as much as £45m .

Given that sort of firepower I believe we ought to be setting our sights reasonably high - I for one, would happily invest around a quarter of our budget in Nigel de Jong .

Ambitious ? Yes .

Insane ? No .

Would he come ? We'll never know unless we ask .
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

Puff Daddy wrote:Darren Bent won't stay at Villa and he can be added to the list of realistic options too. Think about it, there are only 4 clubs where he could go

speaking entirely for myself of course i would love at least one transfer window where we are not linked with this mediocre at best c**t, if we mean to stay & put up a decent fight in the premiership we have to stop getting lumbered with these types of past their best players. for what its worth i never thought he was any more than decent even in he's prime.
Last edited by the oldham stripper on Sun May 20, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

fjthegrey wrote:I'd be really pleased if we signed Ibrahimovich or Torres. :thup:
We have more chance of re-signing Paulo Futre !
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

the pink palermo wrote:TTS

I understand the financial position the club is in , and have consistently called for our owners to inject additional equity to address that issue .

As fans surely we have a reasonable expectation that the turnover that is generated by our support of the club , be it at the box office, club shop, sky subscriptions and support of sponsors products , be invested in the playing staff .

As such , I expect the club turnover to be around £90m this coming season .We know the club spent £35m or so this season on wages and around £4m net on transfer fees , so we have plenty to play with , possibly as much as £45m .

Given that sort of firepower I believe we ought to be setting our sights reasonably high - I for one, would happily invest around a quarter of our budget in Nigel de Jong .

Ambitious ? Yes .

Insane ? No .

Would he come ? We'll never know unless we ask .
But Pinky, you know very well as an intelligent, aware football fan, that there is a hige difference between 'expectation' and 'hope'. I for one agree with you and long for a sensible, sustained and strategic transfer policy. The difference between your statements of 'De Jong, and some other ones on here, is that your are based on an wareness of our needs vs the market, and many others are based on a combination of FM Manager, versus a quick look through the Sun rumous page.

It's frankly embarrassing sometimes.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Can we sign Eidur Gudjohnson from Athens ? I understand they need some money these days and Eidur would fit right in, having broken his leg last autumn... :D
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4378 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

The Old Man of Storr wrote:Centre back - Wheater from Bolton .
Done his ligaments I believe. Out for 9 months.
mcinerney7

Post by mcinerney7 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
watch from 1.08 mins
Dennis Oliech
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy »

the oldham stripper wrote:[

speaking entirely for myself of course i would love at least one transfer window where we are not linked with this mediocre at best c**t
Strangely, I agree with you. I think he is mediocre too and that is part of the resaon why I suggest him, as we normally only sign mediocre players and that is a big part of my reasoning. However, what if I were to tell you that in terms of his goalscoring record, he is up there in reveered company ?. On a par now with all time Premier League goalscorers, like Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier and in fact, only they have scored more goals than him and I think he is only a few behind them now, so he must have something, I guess.
gpjersey

Post by gpjersey »

Not saying I want him here but if mr j Barton came to us I wouldn't be to surprised. Nolan is the only one that he trusts. Apart from twitter which I thought was another name for biffin bridge.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Puff Daddy wrote:. On a par now with all time Premier League goalscorers, like Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier and in fact, only they have scored more goals than him and I think he is only a few behind them now, so he must have something, I guess.
Why do you just say things without any substance? Why don't you look something up before you post it as fact. Surely you must understand why people constantly pull you up on your posts. You just said only Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier have scored more premier league goals than him. There are 19 players that have scored more goals than him. Also, only "a few behind" Shearer? Bent has 100, Shearer has 260...

Please, just stop talking b*llocks and people will stop complaining about your posts