Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by fjthegrey »

I think we should try and sign Salomon Rondon from Malaga. He's brilliant on football
tanager and FIFA. Same with Keisuke Honda. The best thing about signing him would be all the revenue we could generate from shirt sales.
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by 1959 »

Don't shoot the messenger - I'm told Rio and Michael Owen, true tradition of signing aged crocks.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1523 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Scratchy wrote:
Why do you just say things without any substance? Why don't you look something up before you post it as fact. Surely you must understand why people constantly pull you up on your posts. You just said only Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier have scored more premier league goals than him. There are 19 players that have scored more goals than him. Also, only "a few behind" Shearer? Bent has 100, Shearer has 260...

Please, just stop talking b*llocks and people will stop complaining about your posts
Don't bother, Scratchy.

I'm still waiting for an answer on why he made up the 'fact' that Kevin Nolan is on £80k a week.
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

fjthegrey wrote:I think we should try and sign Salomon Rondon from Malaga. He's brilliant on football
tanager and FIFA. Same with Keisuke Honda. The best thing about signing him would be all the revenue we could generate from shirt sales.
If we don't get Shinji Kagawa and Vadlev Kadlec I won't be renewing.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

Post by the oldham stripper »

i just feel we have just had a fantastic result & its time to push on to another level, we must stop this buying of getting past their best or injury prone players at some time & now is as good a time as any, i'm totally fed up with struggling nearly every season & the only way to stop this happening is to invest in some proper decent players, whats the betting we get linked with loads of good players & end up with another 2 or 3 past their prime dogs at best, it happens year after year, we started to play some decent football towards the end of the season & i honestly think we have the nucleus of a good team, all it needs is the 2 daves to invest 10 - 15 million & i reckon we can get to the next level, i bet they dont though & its back to same old west ham, everyones favourite second team because we're everyones favourite 6 points most years.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

[quote="Scratchy

Why do you just say things without any substance? Why don't you look something up before you post it as fact. Surely you must understand why people constantly pull you up on your posts. You just said only Alan Shearer and Matt Le Tissier have scored more premier league goals than him. There are 19 players that have scored more goals than him. Also, only "a few behind" Shearer? Bent has 100, Shearer has 260...

Please, just stop talking b*llocks and people will stop complaining about your posts[/quote]

You sure about that ? Then Gary Linekar, Alan Hansen and Lawro got it wrong on Match of the day once. I foollishly believed them as it was on air and I am certain they showed the stats too. But hey -ho, if you say so, then I shall believe you. As a matter of interest, where did you get your stats from ?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

I agree with Pinky to a degree. BUT. We need to temper it with the fact that we are newly promoted and not many teams do that well on getting promoted.

If we get knocked back, don't let's get too upset. We honestly need 2 full backs priority one. (After getting Greeno to re-up).
Then a pacey wide player. I honestly don't think right now there is room in the side (or the way we are set up ~ I know, I know, flogging a deceased equine) for a Yossi type player. They would play where Nolan is.

I think we do need re-enforcements of course but we should prioritise. We could get by with Vaz Te up front. Taylor didn't have the best of years. Linda as okay but he's not a PL left back. Nor I think is Demel. He hasn't played enough but when faced by tricky fast wingers he hasn't looked great and fkcu me how many times has he come off injured this year ? When he has played. 50% of the time ?

If we don't upgrade the FB positions the CB's are going to get pulled all over the place and mullered next year. Were I DG I would be telling Greeno that we're making defensive players our priority.
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

the oldham stripper wrote:i just feel we have just had a fantastic result & its time to push on to another level, we must stop this buying of getting past their best or injury prone players at some time & now is as good a time as any, i'm totally fed up with struggling nearly every season & the only way to stop this happening is to invest in some proper decent players, whats the betting we get linked with loads of good players & end up with another 2 or 3 past their prime dogs at best, it happens year after year, we started to play some decent football towards the end of the season & i honestly think we have the nucleus of a good team, all it needs is the 2 daves to invest 10 - 15 million & i reckon we can get to the next level, i bet they dont though & its back to same old west ham, everyones favourite second team because we're everyones favourite 6 points most years.
What's important is to not react to the players we're linked with.

The fact is that over the next 3 - 4 months we're giong to hear some absolute b*llocks about the players on their way, There will be a load of 'itk' bullshyt spouted and all sorts. The important thing is that we start next season with a decent, well-balanced squad. I can't imagine that Allardyce and G and S will not do all they can to make that happen, and whilst the signings may not be what we hoped, the fact is that invariably our hopes are never really matched. The important thing is that we're back, and we have to be patient.

Not like we did with Eggy and Curbs, but with slow and steady improvement.

No pressure on the manager and players, just support and passion. The rest will happen organically, but it won't happen immediately.,

Evolution not revolution - Sam evolves, but he doesn't......erm, revolve!?
ironsjh

Post by ironsjh »

If Green leaves, I would like us to sign Man Utd's Polish 'keeper (forgot his name), I think he went to Watford on loan, so If he's willing to join a mid-table Championship, he'd easily be willing to join us. In 2007, when we beat Man Utd 2-1, he was probably one of their best players. At RB, we need re-inforcements, espicially if one of Faubert, Demel and O'Brien leave, however I rate all three of them, Michel Salgado at Blackburn probably has another season in him, and he'd be a good mentor for the younger players, plus he can blay CB. Gretar Steinsson is a good shout as well. At CB, I think we're fine, although, we need back-up for Tomkins and Reid, and Faye may have one more season in him, but won't be able to play everygame, I don't rate Roger Johnson too much or Zat Knight, but Sebastian Bassong might be tempted on a loan at least. At LB, I think we should sign McCartney permantley, Taylor isn't a Prem LB, we probably need two new LB's. Carlos Salcido at Fulham, was sent back to Mexico on loan, so I don't think Jol rates him, I can see us going for Bridge. At RM, Lee Chung-Yong his a class act, who always seem to well against us, In CM, we need a Diop Jr., I'd like Lee Cattermole if he was such a moob, Holden from Bolton is a class act, but he's had loads of injury problems. Emmanuel Frimprong on loan, perhaps. At LM, we definetly need a new player, Whittingham or Snodgrass, they should both be able to step up. Up front, we need two new stikers, Kevin Doyle would be lovely, he works his arse off, and would feed off Cole, all day long. A cheeky loan bid for Macheda, perhaps? He could play has a second striker and dictate play.
Scratchy
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Scratchy »

Puff Daddy wrote: You sure about that ?
Yes.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dyl

Post by Dyl »

1959 wrote:Don't shoot the messenger - I'm told Rio and Michael Owen, true tradition of signing aged crocks.
probably based on the fact they both tweeted how happy they were to see us come back up yesterday. No substance i'm sure.
Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone »

Scratchy wrote:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bo11ocks, Darren Bent's definitely got more than Owen, Henry and Van Nistelrooy.

I'm not going to look it up, but I'm pretty sure I heard Steve Claridge say it once.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1788 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

Mr Bubbles 1966 said

Done his ligaments I believe. Out for 9 months.[/quote]

Oh , um , err , well , err...... Dann and Johnson were supposed to be the dog's testes , but then they split up and became the dog's dinner , especially poor old Johnson .
How much would Agger cost and would he relish a challenge ? No , I know , he falls into the ungettable sort . Always liked him though .
Collins from Villa would be a brilliant foil for Tomkins , and maybe get Warnock from them as well while we're at it .
Richard Dunn is the sort of player that Sam likes as well , no nonsense , like himself ..Is he still alive ?
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Completely off-topic but of the 20 top scorers, 6 of them have at some point played for West Ham. Surprising.
whitechapel hammer

Post by whitechapel hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote:Suarez - 15 goals in 44 league games......

You'd expect more for £24 million worth of striker, surely?
Reckon he will get 20+ if he stays next season. Has missed quite a few chances yet still looked good whenever I;ve seen him.

If Liverpool can support him a bit more next year with goals from midfield then I think he'll do well.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Scratchy wrote: [
Yes.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... -club.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You are right mate, I have taken a look for myself. I must admit, I wouldn't be bothered to check up another posters posts to check if he has his stats right, but I certainly won't believe a word messrs Linekar, Hansen and Lawro ever say again.
HA5 Hammer

Post by HA5 Hammer »

Wonder how much Jordon Mutch or Nathan Redmond would set us back. Too much I expect? Would be nice to poach a couple from Birmingham
Scratchy

Post by Scratchy »

Puff Daddy wrote: I must admit, I wouldn't be bothered to check up another posters posts to check if he has his stats right
You said something that to me looked completely wrong. Before posting about it, I googled it to make sure which took about 20 seconds. Perhaps the nonsense you post is down to sheer laziness on your part?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

IMO of course but;

Main priority:
A proper replacement for Parker as defensive midfielder.

Next major priorities;
2 full backs
1 centre half

Would be nice but not essential;
a playmaker
an experienced striker
Xander
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Xander »

Apologies if already posted but just found this
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/20052012/ ... -deal.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;