Transfer Window: Summer 2012

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ironfireman

Re: Summer 2012 Transfer and Rumours Thread

Post by ironfireman »

Moose has just tweeted he hasn't signed!
Sondico Shin Pads

Post by Sondico Shin Pads »

RyanWHUFC wrote: If that's true it's a signing I'll be very happy with.
Agree with that and I wouldn't be too disappointed with Richardson either.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Moose now says we haven't sined Clyne, he has been speaking to the palace CEO on Twitter @CEO4TAG , but according to the @Johno909 fella, Elmo signed on loan with option to buy, Richardson signbed and Kenwyne Jones signed 3 year deal.
Last edited by saludo de carlitos on Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

A Palace thread on Clyne to West Ham etc

I stand to be corrected but Steve Parish, co-chairman of Crystal Palace has previously been very blunt in saying that Zaha has attracted no interest from us but there is no similar rebuttal with Clyne.
"We offered Nathaniel a very big contract to stay. There are one or two clubs interested in him already. We're negotiating fees and trying to stop it going to a tribunal."
The clubs were thought to be Villa and us - but Villa signed a right back the other day, though Alan Hutton has supposedly been told he is surplus to requirements by Lambert at Villa Park.

A bid of £7million for Zaha was supposedly declined in January. I'd be amazed if we have any intention of going anywhere near that figure.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

ironfireman wrote:Moose has just tweeted he hasn't signed!
Ok what the f*** is going on? haha :lol:
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Moose now says we haven't sined Clyne, he has been speaking to the palace CEO on Twitter @CEO4TAG , but according to the @Johno909 fella, Elmo signed on loan with option to buy, Richardson signbed and Kenwyne Jones signed 3 year deal.
If that is true, Richardson I'm happy with, Kenwyne Jones I'm sceptical about same with Elmohamady.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

that moose is a fuc+ing pleb one of the reasons i no longer listen to talkshat
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

saludo de carlitos wrote:Moose now says we haven't sined Clyne, he has been speaking to the palace CEO on Twitter @CEO4TAG , but according to the @Johno909 fella, Elmo signed on loan with option to buy, Richardson signbed and Kenwyne Jones signed 3 year deal.
Who needs an Eastenders omnibus on a sunday ?
RyanWHUFC

Post by RyanWHUFC »

cockney hammer wrote:that moose is a fuc+ing pleb one of the reasons i no longer listen to talkshat
:lol:
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5670 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

fmgod wrote:Would much rather Fletcher if we have to have a Wolves Striker, knows where the goal is.
So would Sam, but we have not got 10m to spend on one player

I hope we get Clyne he is a very talented player and one I thought would be out of our reach.

Richardson is solid, I guess I am alone in thinking Jones could do a job for us. Elmo is just a cheap Faubert.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

So, according to Moose we have signed no one?

Good to know. :thup:
BigFatSam
Has liked: 208 likes
Total likes: 1085 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

He talks like he knows whats going on! For instance"i think that elmo jones and richardson will sign next week" no they won't you cock we dont even want elmo you mug. He thinks his some ITK buts he knows f*** all, the fat lump of lard... rant over.
Last edited by BigFatSam on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maidenhammer

Post by maidenhammer »

Can QPR's income potentially support their ambition? Not in a million years. After all, they are West London's 3rd club and I can smell a storm on the horizon as soon as this honeymoon period is over

Given the choice between Fernandes and G&S I'd stick with what we've got every day of the week[/quote]

YWN, I disagree with you on the above.

Fernandes is putting his money where his mouth is, he's giving Hughes the money to buy players that will establish QPR
as a Premier League team, He's funding a brand new state of the art training ground for them ( what's happened to ours,
maybe that's what Cole's comment was about when he tweeted about Guti joining next week), They are looking at building
a new stadium (for football)!!
They are also planning for the future mate, kids eight and under get into Loftus Rd for Free, not a kid a quid or for a fiver but
for Nothing, Zilch mate.They are building for their future fan base.
Fernandes is no mug.

QPR have had a rough time of it over the last 15 years but i remember them getting the better of us on quite a few occasions
in the past, We have never fullfilled our potential for our fan base, yet QPR and Fulham both have much smaller fan bases than
us yet mostly out perform West Ham United.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Fernandes is putting his money where his mouth is
Fernandes is all mouth, Mittal is the money.
maidenhammer

Post by maidenhammer »

Fernandes is all mouth, Mittal is the money.[/quote]

Fair point but that does'nt take away the fact that QPR are showing some ambition/
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2650 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

maidenhammer wrote:QPR and Fulham both have much smaller fan bases than us yet mostly out perform West Ham United.
In what sense have QPR mostly outperformed us? Prior to going up a year ago they had been out of the top division for 15 years, and in that time had spent some time in English football's third tier (we have never played below the second tier, I think).
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2481 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

QPR's signings since Hughes arrived are mainly tried and trusted PL pros. They seem to have a minimum age of about 31-32 for signing players (?). Park at £2 million is a good signing for them . At £5 million - they must be hoping to sell a lot of shirts in Asia, otherwise they've probably overpaid.

Their short term aspiration looks remarkably similar to ours - PL consolidation. I'd expect them to finish mid table this year.

Their transfer strategy is different though. Can't see much profit to be taken in who they are signing - whereas we are largely following a design that should deliver transfer profits if we decide to cash in.

Maynard, Vaz Te, Baldock, Henderson, Diame, and even Morrison,have sizeable profit potential.

Very little money has gone into old-timers recently - just a couple of low budget, steady eddie's who've done the business at PL level before - Jussi and Stella.

When assessing the credibility of rumours - it's probably worth bearing that in mind - as is the absence of medium to high fees especially on random foreigners.
maidenhammer

Post by maidenhammer »

In what sense have QPR mostly outperformed us? Prior to going up a year ago they had been out of the top division for 15 years, and in that time had spent some time in English football's third tier (we have never played below the second tier, I think).[/quote]

I'm going back to before that when Wilkins (Ray) was there and i just remember us struggling to beat them even though we always
took over Loftus Rd, I remember as a kid 1976/77 i think us going over there in the f.a.cup one night, Pop Robson put us 0 - 1 up
and they stuffed us 6 -1.Also that poxy plastic pitch, It was great though when Frankie stepped off the plane and scored the late winner
there :lol:

Living over this way i had years of grief from their fans.
M*A*R*C

Post by M*A*R*C »

Hoffenheim, a crappy little village club kept in the Bundesliga by a wealthy owner, have offered €5m for Joselu. Real Madrid want €10m. We also had a similar offer turned down.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/hoffe ... ftb_24/Tes
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2650 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

maidenhammer wrote: I'm going back to before that when Wilkins (Ray) was there and i just remember us struggling to beat them even though we always
took over Loftus Rd, I remember as a kid 1976/77 i think us going over there in the f.a.cup one night, Pop Robson put us 0 - 1 up
and they stuffed us 6 -1.Also that poxy plastic pitch, It was great though when Frankie stepped off the plane and scored the late winner
there

Living over this way i had years of grief from their fans.
That was cheating and all those results are null and void. See also: Athletic, Oldham. Town, Luton. :wink: