Transfer Window: Summer 2013

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

TheHammeredDog

Transfer Window: Summer 2013

Post by TheHammeredDog »

So with Premier League safety assured along with our manager for next season, thought we may as well get this thread started as soon as possible. Post any rumours/confirmed information, but leave ideas to the targets thread please
sjf_32

Re: Summer Transfer thread - 2013/2014

Post by sjf_32 »

TheHammeredDog wrote:So with Premier League safety assured along with our manager for next season, thought we may as well get this thread started as soon as possible. Post any rumours/confirmed information, but leave ideas to the targets thread please
It's 7 degrees, lashing down with rain & we are still in May.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 935 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

TheHammeredDog wrote:So with Premier League safety assured along with our manager for next season, thought we may as well get this thread started as soon as possible. Post any rumours/confirmed information, but leave ideas to the targets thread please
isnt this what the realistic targets thread has been for?
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8712743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highly-rated Bordeaux defender Lamine Sane has admitted he would love the chance to play in England.

The 26-year-old Senegalese international has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League, with West Ham United credited with an interest most recently.

Sane, who has two years left on his current deal with Bordeaux, has now hidden his admiration of the English game.

"I love the game and the atmosphere in the Premier League," he told L'Equipe.

"And I believe on a physical level I could match the expectation level."

Sane has played over 80 games for Bordeaux since joining from Agde in 2009
Chippenhammer

Post by Chippenhammer »

Don't have McKnightmares,
http://www.suffolkfreepress.co.uk/sport ... -1-5077358" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Published on 14/05/2013 09:00

Max McKnight signs for West Ham United

Eight-year-old Max McKnight, from Sudbury, will be turning out for West Ham United next season after signing for their Academy team.

McKnight, a pupil at Littlegarth School, Nayland, has been training with the Premier League side’s youth set-up for the past six months, signing forms in April.

McKnight has been playing regularly for Colchester Villa and was spotted by West Ham when Villa played a friendly against the London club.

He starts at the academy in August, which will mean travelling to London four times a week for training and playing matches, with mum Naomi acting as chauffeur
djclipz
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Oh god :D

Talking of rumours, the razvan rat story sizzled out pretty quick and haven't heard anymore left back rumours yet... done deal??
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Chippenhammer wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/8712743" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highly-rated Bordeaux defender Lamine Sane has admitted he would love the chance to play in England.

The 26-year-old Senegalese international has been strongly linked with a move to the Premier League, with West Ham United credited with an interest most recently.

Sane, who has two years left on his current deal with Bordeaux, has now hidden his admiration of the English game.

"I love the game and the atmosphere in the Premier League," he told L'Equipe.

"And I believe on a physical level I could match the expectation level."

Sane has played over 80 games for Bordeaux since joining from Agde in 2009
First time we'll have had a sane LB in years
maccav
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by maccav »

isnt this what the realistic targets thread has been for?[/quote]

This hardy perennial is for the usual summer hysteria and knee-jerkism, whereas the realistic targets thread is for reasonableness and calm review of potential targets that haven't "been all over twitter".

:)
Chippenhammer

Post by Chippenhammer »

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/footbal ... -radar.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hammer Cole on Palace radar

by Hugh Southon

14th May 2013 9:50am BST

Exclusive

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway is set to move in on West Ham's Carlton Cole if the Eagles soar back into the Premier League this weekend.

Holloway is a huge admirer of the Upton Park player who is out of contract in the summer and hesitating over a new Hammers deal.

The Crystal Palace boss has been watching the centre-forward since the Hammers defeated his former club Blackpool in last summer's play-off final.

And with his prolific striker Glenn Murray looking likely to miss much of next season, a move for Cole is now very much on.

Holloway revealed after the play-off final: "Carlton Cole was the difference. I'm a big fan of that lad'.

If he had been more consistent he would have been England's centre forward for a long time."

West Ham are understood to have made Cole an off the record offer of around £35,000-a- week with an "accept by the last day of the season" condition placed on it.

However, the player wants a minimum of £40,000 and Palace could probably meet those demands armed with £15 million from the sale of Wilfried Zaha to Manchester United.

And the move to south London would very much suit Cole who is keen to reman in the capital
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Chippenhammer wrote:West Ham are understood to have made Cole an off the record offer of around £35,000-a- week with an "accept by the last day of the season" condition placed on it.
Wasn't that refuted by Carlton himself, and further substantiated by Allardyce?

Offering a reserve striker £35k a week doesn't sound like something the current board of West Ham would do.

O'Neil is on record in the last couple of days as saying he has heard nothing from the club either.
West Ham midfielder Gary O’Neil is hoping that he has done enough to earn himself a new deal at Upton Park after starting the last 11 games in claret and blue.

The former Middlesbrough and Portsmouth man, who turns 30 this Saturday, is out of contract at the club next week, but he is making a battling attempt to stay at the club as they continue to improve.

“I’d love to stay, but I haven’t heard anything yet from the club to be honest,” he said after Sunday’s disappointing 2-0 defeat against Everton at Goodison Park. “There is only a week to go now, so we will have to wait and see.

“I will concentrate on playing next week and then I’ve got my holidays booked for next Tuesday, so I am looking forward to that. I’m just waiting for the club to let me know what they are going to do, I haven’t heard either way.”
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

Chippenhammer wrote:Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway is set to move in on West Ham's Carlton Cole if the Eagles soar back into the Premier League this weekend.
Am I the only one who thought that the play off final for the Championship was the 25th/26th weekend not this upcoming weekend?
djclipz wrote:Oh god.
Oh yes, it's that time of year again... :wink:
stevenmj
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by stevenmj »

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Chris Solly Miss Jackson I am for real I never meant to make your daughter cry I apologise a million times
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Georgee Paris wrote:Chris Solly Miss Jackson I am for real I never meant to make your daughter cry I apologise a million times
Sam's dad visits training and, as they walk around the pitches, remarks to his son:

Who's that, then, over there? A new signing?

Yes, its my boy Solly, pop.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Improbable IMO.

1) They are talking about our left back problem...and then saying we are targeting a right back to fill it........
2) We have two right backs who've just been given new contracts
3) We haven't spent a penny in fees on full backs under this board and Solly would cost
4) Figuroea and Rat both have more experience, both play LB and both are free
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

TheHammeredDog wrote:may as well get this thread started as soon as possible.
I would contribute but I have some Xmas shopping to do.

The first person to mention Remy should be excommunicated.
1860OnceMoore

Post by 1860OnceMoore »

The LB position will be one of the 2 freebies - Rat or Figueroa; Also would not be surprised to see us try to get Rio back for a season or two swansong and to mentor the likes of Reid and Tomkins.

No GK - Jussi will do until Jan - if not performing will look to replace in Jan (unless Cesar or someone of his abilities) is available at a price too good to resist at this time

St - AC obvious first choice - do believe that the club will go to £ 14m to try and get him and i think he has indicated he is willing to concede on some of his wages - so Liverpool is the stumbling block.
What will be interesting is to see if they try and bring in a semi-decent back-up for Carroll - Darren Bent? - I am not sure he would be that expensive at the mo.

Mid - Right sided attacking mid needed to replace Vaz Te - Also think they will maybe look at bringing a "clone" for Diame for rotation and in case Diame can't be pinned down to a new contract.
Diame obviously should be a priority but depends on if a decdent offer comes in that can't be turned down.
MitchamRob
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by MitchamRob »

I would contribute but I have some Xmas shopping to do.

The first person to mention Remy should be excommunicated.[/quote]

I like the look of that Remy bloke (according to the Dawkins scale** I'm a 7 so I just don't care)

** for the Dawkins scale see the snug
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

Chippenhammer wrote: Eight-year-old Max McKnight, from Sudbury, will be turning out for West Ham United next season after signing for their Academy team.

McKnight, a pupil at Littlegarth School, Nayland, has been training with the Premier League side’s youth set-up for the past six months, signing forms in April.
Always rated him
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

isnt this what the realistic targets thread has been for?

that is what i thought as well