Atmospheric Pressure

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

In what part of the ground would you like to see a singing area?

Centenary Lower
6%
West Stand (Centenary End)
12%
West Stand (Central)
23%
West Stand (Bobby Moore End)
8%
Bobby Moore Lower
44%
East Stand (Bobby Moore End)
5%
East Stand (Central)
2%
East Stand (Centenary End)
2%

Total votes: 155

Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

wanstead wrote:
DML North Bank - 18 yard line is largely non-season ticket - could easily get a block of tickets in there band 2 and cheaper - so affordable - especially concession tickets- better view than in DML-BM corner - and would spread the singing around the ground.... just an idea
yeah i was sorta thinkin band 2 DML either side due to lack of STs
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

like i said yesterday a part of the ground has already been shown and discussions are still in progress
maltab

Post by maltab »

Why can,t Abou make an appearance at our last home game,come on the pitch and give us a wave,it,s ages since the cries of Abou were heard around Upton Park :lol:
Bryant4114

Post by Bryant4114 »

kev wrote:like i said yesterday a part of the ground has already been shown and discussions are still in progress
yeah i saw, i was just sayin about the empty seats today
PalmettoHammer

Post by PalmettoHammer »

I'm still rooting for you all. Continued good luck with the section!!

Good win today, and I hope that the meetings went well.

BTW...BUMP.
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

Not just a timely bump :wink:

This was mentioned brielfy in 'Play-off Seating' thread, and it is probably a lot more relevent in here, so...

What about for the Play-off's, (should we get there) all those interested sit together at the semi home-leg as a trial run type thing. Is this fessible :?:
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

With the old bill being so touchy about standing how would this work next season :?:

:idea: maybe our little section could become terraced :twisted:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

That's Zamora wrote:With the old bill being so touchy about standing how would this work next season :?:

:idea: maybe our little section could become terraced :twisted:
never, and not something we even suggested, in fact the one thing we would very likely have to do is sign the papers that the BML did before this season, in such an area , this standing thing is the one thing that could and will put this idea to bed and is a stumbling block
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

yesterday before the game three of us chim L/h and yours truly met with jeremy nicholas to have a chat about the role of the PA in helping to generate a better atmosphere at the boleyn

Paul aldridge had arranged the meeting for us , and it was conducted in the home dugout, in an empty stadium, it was too short notice to have an effect on yesterdays game pre match , although after mentioning the loudness of the sound system and its affect at drowning out the noise the crowd could generate, it was noticeable that he did turn the volume to bubbles down as the song progressed allowing the crowd to take over and be heard, its a start and a welcome one

what we were looking to get in general was a more upbeat and meaningful to west ham fans set of tunes in the pre match build up, to help generate a pre match atmosphere which was a big part of the old standing days and is apparant at some of the better atmosphere away grounds we visit, chelsea begrudgingly being one, where the PA there plays ska tunes and chelsea songs before the game for about 30 minutes,

yesterday pre match there were a few presentations too which isn't the norm for a pre match build up, and to be fair next home game being the last one will be another ith presentations etc which will affect the PA's chance of building up the atmosphere so any major changes if we can get them won't happen till next season, but it is something jeremy nicholas and the club are keen to adress, we mentioned songs that are our songs and tunes, even knees up mother brown, which he believed was a protest thing and not west ham related, and he shunned away from airing it as he feared a backlash of abuse by us lot changeing the lyrics, we did let him know that its an old west ham song and in no way is it a protest song towards the board, and this site isn't named as a protest its purely commemorating the song and its west ham connection, obviously tunes like chim chim cheroo the cockney rejects and business stuff that to be fair he has played of late and even the eastenders tune are more meaningful than the now dumped star wars theme

he asked if he would be able to speak with more of us after a game to try and get more ideas and input as to what people want from the PA , he also said he'd be happy to do an article on here for us and will be reading the forum for replys to that over the next couple of weeks, JN said he would e-mail some suggested songs over to us to post on the forum,he was slightly concerned about getting his face burnt off but i think we could safely say that won't be a problem, we were very critical on some parts of the PA's job, and are aware of his commitments to the clubs younger fans and families and the people who pay for the advertising spots, can only thank him for offering us the time and offering to meet more of us in the future, maybe even after the watford game, we'll see if we can sort something out

whilst chatting with him , paul aldridge popped over and had a chat, said hello to us after meeting us last week, looked at jeremy nicholas and said do you still work here, which was amusing, then the hostage fella name escapes me was introduced to us, turns out his reason for wearing the west ham stuff was pretty much all he had left, they'd nicked the rest of his gear, he had a pair of jeans and a white shirt, or the west ham shirt and tracksuit bottoms, he chose the west ham look and the rest is history, top fella was a bit in awe of the day and all that was going on, had a very tasty doris with him from the club
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 765 likes
Total likes: 3503 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

sicknote wrote:we mentioned songs that are our songs and tunes, even knees up mother brown, which he believed was a protest thing and not west ham related, and he shunned away from airing it as he feared a backlash of abuse by us lot changeing the lyrics
What could he possibly mean :lol:

I should perhaps point out that this website has been running since 1997, long before there was ever such a thing as a 'Brown Out' campaign. As you rightly say, the site was named after the old song (which dates back between 150-500 years depending on who you believe, right Dave?) which was regularly sung by us lot in the 70's and 80's (and probably before).

Some positive stuff there mate, well done to all involved.
hammer0123

Post by hammer0123 »

well done lads :wink:

is there any progress on the singing sections front yet :?:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

:doff:

To Chim, Sicknote and L/H.....
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

I am e-mailing a draft copy of an article that is being constructed for publication in the last OLAS of the season, to Paul Aldridge tomorrow for his comments. Bit of confusion over who should have e-mailed who. His fault though. :D As previously stated in this thread, we are waiting for prices to be sent to us regarding seating. Yesterday's meeting is part of an ongoing process, that is making rapid progress when you consider that the thread isn't even one month old and we have held two meetings with Club personnel already. Thanks to Sicknote Lost Hammer UTJ and others for all their effort :doff:
outin the sticks

Post by outin the sticks »

:doff: to all that met with jeremy and paul aldridge

:niceone:
Bryant4114

Post by Bryant4114 »

good going guys, fantastic progress has been made
Northern Bird
A bird. From up North.

Post by Northern Bird »

Cant get over the progress you lot are making in such a short time !!
well done you lot ! :doff:

I know this has proberbly been mentioned somewhere in this thread already ....but give me a break ..theres 19 pages to trawl through...If this plan comes off is it going to be season ticket holders only or dont you know yet?

Ps just how the hell do you spell "proberbly"? that just doesnt look right :roll:
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

Probably cos it ain't mate :wink: . Difficult to say yet with any certainty about anything.
Matt

Post by Matt »

"Probably" :wink:
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

just sent an e-mail to the clubs ticket office manager requesting his opinion on using the play off game(if we make them) as a trial run for the singing section ill get back when i hear a reply
Lost Hammer
Conehead the bar alien

Post by Lost Hammer »

The Web site is now live!

http://www.swww.co.uk