Atmospheric Pressure

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

In what part of the ground would you like to see a singing area?

Centenary Lower
6%
West Stand (Centenary End)
12%
West Stand (Central)
23%
West Stand (Bobby Moore End)
8%
Bobby Moore Lower
44%
East Stand (Bobby Moore End)
5%
East Stand (Central)
2%
East Stand (Centenary End)
2%

Total votes: 155

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3443 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

bump ...
SL

Post by SL »

Anonymous wrote:Sorry about the lateness of the post but I've been busy. Sicknote and I had a very positive and constructive first meeting with Paul Aldridge and Steve Kitchener, the Ticket Office Manager. Paul Aldridge will be e-mailing me his official line for release very soon and I would rather comment on that when I receive and post it. This is also to be used in an article to be written for publication in OLAS. The meeting was held in the Board/Trophy room, this was very impressive. A basic premise has been agreed. That is that IF singing areas are to be introduced, and I stress again IF, then no season-ticket holders are to be moved to implement their creation. This as we all knew would prove to be a stumbling block but all is far from lost. More in a mo.

We discussed lightly what constitutes atmosphere in the modern day game. The modern day crowd at West Ham, is comprised of people that like to watch their football in different ways. Corporate box holders, some of whom can be lively, new recruits and more families, who prefer to watch in a calmer and quieter atmosphere and of course the faithful who want to sing while suffering and add their voices to support the team. West Ham are a business and as such they have to cater to all tastes, as they want the stadium to be filled as profitably as possible, after all we do all bang on about the money don't we? West Ham are also a club with history and tradition, especially the loyalty and other qualities 8) of the support. Upton Park and it's atmosphere, should be a large part of the matchday experience and there was a general consesus of opinion that a way may be able to be found to accomodate all tastes. We have agreed that the Atmospheric Pressure Reps :lol: should meet on Saturday before the game with Jeremy Nicholas the PA at West Ham. I have received an e-mail from him and a suggested time has been offered in reply. Here it is:-

Hi Chim,

Paul Aldridge asked me to get in touch about singing groups at Upton
Park.

We certainly need to do something to get the atmosphere going. If
you'd
like to meet up at the Coventry game, I'm there from 1pm, or afterwards
if
you like, drop me a line.

Jeremy Nicholas
Stadium Announcer
Upton Park

I will start a seperate thread and would welcome everybody's views on how the PA can help to build a decent home atmosphere and inspire the crowd to support our team, through thick and thin. People are quick to criticise and complain but how do YOU think it should be done?

Steve Kitchener, showed us some possible areas of seating both on the pc and pitchside. Nice, IMO. We passed by Pardew and Burley chatting on the steps leading down the tunnel and we exchanged brief pleasantries, past the dressing rooms etc.. stuck briefly behind the mascots and off we went. Paul Aldridge and Steve Kitchener were very helpful, informative and constructive and both Sicknote and I left feeling very poistive. There are aspects and further detail which will appear later. All pm's will be replied to, no tyre-kickers please.

Keep the faith :crest:
I totally missed this update. Great work lads. It all sounds very promising.

What were the main areas in the ground that they said would be viable for a singing area ?
lynothehammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by lynothehammer »

just reading through some of the posts and all depending on me getting a new job with bonu's then I would love to get a season ticket in with you lot.

Well done to everyone aswell for all the hard work that everyone has put into this, its much appreciated.

Big Love People...

Lyno
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

I haven't had any word from Paul Aldridge yet but I will chase him. We meet with Jeremy Nicholas the PA at West Ham, before the game tomorrow at UP. It should be interesting. Feel free to pm me for more, as stated previously. I have asked some others to help with the load, as I have to balance this with life, both working and West Ham :wink: :lol:
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

just seen a few threads so bump :wink:
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 692 likes
Total likes: 1608 likes

Post by chalks »

Havent read the whole thread so forgive me if im repeating a post, but looking at the poll for the 'singing position', it would appear that the Bobby Lower is running away with it.

Now is it me or would that be silly??? Thats the one part of the ground that does sing, so leave them to it, lets fet another part of the ground going.

As i say, this may well have been posted, so if it has i apologise. Aah f*** it, no i dont.
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

said it many times along with sicknote that this is a wasted vote
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

chalks wrote:Havent read the whole thread so forgive me if im repeating a post, but looking at the poll for the 'singing position', it would appear that the Bobby Lower is running away with it.

Now is it me or would that be silly??? Thats the one part of the ground that does sing, so leave them to it, lets fet another part of the ground going.

As i say, this may well have been posted, so if it has i apologise. Aah f*ck it, no i dont.
i think quite a few of the peopel actually up for this dont want to sit in BML anyway. thats why there's loads more votes than names on the list :evil:

wouldnt get that many (50 seasn tix) n e way so its irrelevant :D
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

already been told by the club that to do this they would have to move a lot of people as the majority of this stand are season ticket holders. it would waste to much time and upset too many people an area has already been discussed but nothing is yet set in stone
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

kev wrote:already been told by the club that to do this they would have to move a lot of people as the majority of this stand are season ticket holders. it would waste to much time and upset too many people an area has already been discussed but nothing is yet set in stone
spot on kev, the club had to move people last season, and are reluctant too again, so any singing area would be in an area free of S/T holders, rules out the BML and upper, and centenary as that is used for big cup games, there are areas not too populated with S/T holders but nothing as yet as kev says is set in stone :wink:
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

Oh,I didn't see this thread.... :oops: :wink:
Well,I always sit in the DM lower,Rio stand.Because our chairman(he's our "boss" from our supporterclub) chooses always to sit there.There are some guys who want to start singing(wich I am part of,when at the game) but there are many people who don't sing along so it's difficult tos tart something.I would like to sit in the Bobby Moore lower,most people sing when there's a song started(I think).But I think I we can't get tickets for the Bobby Moore stand because it are season tickets I think.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

forgot about this thread, i'm still up for it. The s/t thing is a stumblin block but i agree that maybe it shouldnt be the BL cos that does already have a bit of singing
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

if we cannot get 50 s/tix right next to each other, then it will not be the end of the world.

as long as we all sit within earshot of oneanother, say 50 of us within 100 seats it would still work. might get more to join in around that area as well.

just a suggestion.... :D
Painey
Village idiot

Post by Painey »

we are in Dr Martens upper and we cant even stand up singing STAND UP IF YOU HATE ..... without getting a comment like SIT DOWN IF YOU WANNA SEE THE GAME
No one ever sings bubbles either :(
jevs
Has liked: 474 likes
Total likes: 293 likes

Post by jevs »

Just like to say that you should be knighted...sir Chim.

Your work on this along with sir bonehead is much appreciated as is anyone else's efforts who have given their time and effort to the cause.

God luck today and hopefully i'll get to the wakefield early next season and meet a few of you.

Andy
Painey
Village idiot

Post by Painey »

there was something in the prgramme about Singing Groups under tha announcers bit, was this you?

chim chiminey chim chiminey cheroo
we are the boys in claret and blue
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

At the match today, over in the DML, the side nearest to bobby moore, there was a patch of about 40 odd empty seats. I'm not saying we should take those exact seats next season but i reckon that would be a great area to sit.

By sitting near the BML it would get them singing more as well i reckon

Just a thought, have to wait and see what happens
Painey
Village idiot

Post by Painey »

Dr Martens Upper has the best view ;)
wanstead
Raw Meat

Post by wanstead »

Bryant4114 wrote:At the match today, over in the DML, the side nearest to bobby moore, there was a patch of about 40 odd empty seats. I'm not saying we should take those exact seats next season but i reckon that would be a great area to sit.

By sitting near the BML it would get them singing more as well i reckon

Just a thought, have to wait and see what happens

DML North Bank - 18 yard line is largely non-season ticket - could easily get a block of tickets in there band 2 and cheaper - so affordable - especially concession tickets- better view than in DML-BM corner - and would spread the singing around the ground.... just an idea
southendmadhammer

Post by southendmadhammer »

Sorry lads-you are gonna have to take me off the list as a POSSIBLY.
Only 16 and I cannot f*ckin afford a season ticket(like most other things) for next season especially if we go up.
Maybe the following season.