Atmospheric Pressure

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

In what part of the ground would you like to see a singing area?

Centenary Lower
6%
West Stand (Centenary End)
12%
West Stand (Central)
23%
West Stand (Bobby Moore End)
8%
Bobby Moore Lower
44%
East Stand (Bobby Moore End)
5%
East Stand (Central)
2%
East Stand (Centenary End)
2%

Total votes: 155

kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

so why did you make me go commando :shock:
peterborough/irons

Post by peterborough/irons »

kev wrote:so why did you make me go commando :shock:
commando as in,balaclava on storm the transit.beat the f*ck out of the radio,throw your teddy out the window....and sulk all the way home :D
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

you know me to well :lol:
cocoon
Location: sarth london...Im gonna walk down to electric Avenue..then Im gonna get mugged..Oi

Post by cocoon »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: I reckon we should wear women's underwear as a protest at the lack of noise....what does everyone reckon?
Count me in.
I still think Ive got a nice little number I wore in my time in Brazil. :mare: :lol:
might put the pics up one day
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

missed this one
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

cocoon wrote: Count me in.
I still think Ive got a nice little number I wore in my time in Brazil. :mare: :lol:
might put the pics up one day

Please tell me your a bird and not a geezer :wink: :lol:
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

chimchimcheroo wrote: As I posted earlier, I suggest a meeting after the Derby game to discuss options for seating. A lot of people are looking to move and find an area of the ground to sit and create an atmosphere, something that we all agree is sadly lacking at home. As we can all see in the posts on this thread, there are diverse opinions as to where is best and it is only fair that everybody discusses it and reaches an agreement before we commit ourselves to season tickets. Cost is an issue, view etc.. I have written to West Ham to see if they are in favour of 'singing areas' and their introduction throughout the ground. This is a wider issue and our choice is not dependent on it. Personal crusade I suppose. That is "what is actually happening or likely to happen" at the moment. After Derby at The Wakefield. I also wouldn't mind meeting some of the muppets I'll be commiting myself to sit with :wink: :lol:
this still the case for tomorrow :?: :?
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

we are meeting Paul Aldridge and other(s) at 10.00am at the ground. We will be in the Wakefield hopefully both before and but certainly after the game. See you all there. Thanks for all the good luck messages, I'm underwhelmed :lol:
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

chimchimcheroo wrote:we are meeting Paul Aldridge and other(s) at 10.00am at the ground. We will be in the Wakefield hopefully both before and but certainly after the game. See you all there. Thanks for all the good luck messages, I'm underwhelmed :lol:
is that all 50 of us, or just chim and associates :wink: :?:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

a timely bump ...
wanstead
Raw Meat

Post by wanstead »

Heard the meeting went well yesterday - report back please from Sicknote/Chim/Kev
I'm in favour of West Stand North bank end - DMLCentenary end in modern parlance.

Keep the good work up chaps.

I'm toying with the idea of a flag - with Knees Up Mother Brown on, above a pair of Hammers - any flag makers out there?
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 690 likes
Total likes: 1606 likes

Post by chalks »

wanstead wrote:Heard the meeting went well yesterday - report back please from Sicknote/Chim/Kev
I'm in favour of West Stand North bank end - DMLCentenary end in modern parlance.

Keep the good work up chaps.

I'm toying with the idea of a flag - with Knees Up Mother Brown on, above a pair of Hammers - any flag makers out there?
That is a top idea.
kev
Midfield enforcer

Post by kev »

gcro made a good point that we dont wanta flag with kumb on as people will see it and bombard this ite with ****. we should either have one with west ahm on or make as name for an organisation all the other clubs who have done this seem to have their own name
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 498 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

I mentioned that I wanted to take a flag to UP a while back, all I got was either complaints about them getting in the way of people behind me...or people saying that you are not allowed to take them into the ground....
Chicken Runner

Post by Chicken Runner »

HammerMan2004 wrote:I mentioned that I wanted to take a flag to UP a while back, all I got was either complaints about them getting in the way of people behind me...or people saying that you are not allowed to take them into the ground....
there will be no moody bastards in the singing section - its a prerequisite so fly the flag. I would luv to see a kumb. doesnt av to be kumb.com does it boys.
SL

Post by SL »

Any progress on this ?

Anyone looked further into the flag thing ?

Post by Guest »

Sorry about the lateness of the post but I've been busy. Sicknote and I had a very positive and constructive first meeting with Paul Aldridge and Steve Kitchener, the Ticket Office Manager. Paul Aldridge will be e-mailing me his official line for release very soon and I would rather comment on that when I receive and post it. This is also to be used in an article to be written for publication in OLAS. The meeting was held in the Board/Trophy room, this was very impressive. A basic premise has been agreed. That is that IF singing areas are to be introduced, and I stress again IF, then no season-ticket holders are to be moved to implement their creation. This as we all knew would prove to be a stumbling block but all is far from lost. More in a mo.

We discussed lightly what constitutes atmosphere in the modern day game. The modern day crowd at West Ham, is comprised of people that like to watch their football in different ways. Corporate box holders, some of whom can be lively, new recruits and more families, who prefer to watch in a calmer and quieter atmosphere and of course the faithful who want to sing while suffering and add their voices to support the team. West Ham are a business and as such they have to cater to all tastes, as they want the stadium to be filled as profitably as possible, after all we do all bang on about the money don't we? West Ham are also a club with history and tradition, especially the loyalty and other qualities 8) of the support. Upton Park and it's atmosphere, should be a large part of the matchday experience and there was a general consesus of opinion that a way may be able to be found to accomodate all tastes. We have agreed that the Atmospheric Pressure Reps :lol: should meet on Saturday before the game with Jeremy Nicholas the PA at West Ham. I have received an e-mail from him and a suggested time has been offered in reply. Here it is:-

Hi Chim,

Paul Aldridge asked me to get in touch about singing groups at Upton
Park.

We certainly need to do something to get the atmosphere going. If
you'd
like to meet up at the Coventry game, I'm there from 1pm, or afterwards
if
you like, drop me a line.

Jeremy Nicholas
Stadium Announcer
Upton Park

I will start a seperate thread and would welcome everybody's views on how the PA can help to build a decent home atmosphere and inspire the crowd to support our team, through thick and thin. People are quick to criticise and complain but how do YOU think it should be done?

Steve Kitchener, showed us some possible areas of seating both on the pc and pitchside. Nice, IMO. We passed by Pardew and Burley chatting on the steps leading down the tunnel and we exchanged brief pleasantries, past the dressing rooms etc.. stuck briefly behind the mascots and off we went. Paul Aldridge and Steve Kitchener were very helpful, informative and constructive and both Sicknote and I left feeling very poistive. There are aspects and further detail which will appear later. All pm's will be replied to, no tyre-kickers please.

Keep the faith :crest:
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

Anonymous wrote:Sorry about the lateness of the post but I've been busy. Sicknote and I had a very positive and constructive first meeting with Paul Aldridge and Steve Kitchener, the Ticket Office Manager. Paul Aldridge will be e-mailing me his official line for release very soon and I would rather comment on that when I receive and post it. This is also to be used in an article to be written for publication in OLAS. The meeting was held in the Board/Trophy room, this was very impressive. A basic premise has been agreed. That is that IF singing areas are to be introduced, and I stress again IF, then no season-ticket holders are to be moved to implement their creation. This as we all knew would prove to be a stumbling block but all is far from lost. More in a mo.

We discussed lightly what constitutes atmosphere in the modern day game. The modern day crowd at West Ham, is comprised of people that like to watch their football in different ways. Corporate box holders, some of whom can be lively, new recruits and more families, who prefer to watch in a calmer and quieter atmosphere and of course the faithful who want to sing while suffering and add their voices to support the team. West Ham are a business and as such they have to cater to all tastes, as they want the stadium to be filled as profitably as possible, after all we do all bang on about the money don't we? West Ham are also a club with history and tradition, especially the loyalty and other qualities 8) of the support. Upton Park and it's atmosphere, should be a large part of the matchday experience and there was a general consesus of opinion that a way may be able to be found to accomodate all tastes. We have agreed that the Atmospheric Pressure Reps :lol: should meet on Saturday before the game with Jeremy Nicholas the PA at West Ham. I have received an e-mail from him and a suggested time has been offered in reply. Here it is:-

Hi Chim,

Paul Aldridge asked me to get in touch about singing groups at Upton
Park.

We certainly need to do something to get the atmosphere going. If
you'd
like to meet up at the Coventry game, I'm there from 1pm, or afterwards
if
you like, drop me a line.

Jeremy Nicholas
Stadium Announcer
Upton Park

I will start a seperate thread and would welcome everybody's views on how the PA can help to build a decent home atmosphere and inspire the crowd to support our team, through thick and thin. People are quick to criticise and complain but how do YOU think it should be done?

Steve Kitchener, showed us some possible areas of seating both on the pc and pitchside. Nice, IMO. We passed by Pardew and Burley chatting on the steps leading down the tunnel and we exchanged brief pleasantries, past the dressing rooms etc.. stuck briefly behind the mascots and off we went. Paul Aldridge and Steve Kitchener were very helpful, informative and constructive and both Sicknote and I left feeling very poistive. There are aspects and further detail which will appear later. All pm's will be replied to, no tyre-kickers please.

Keep the faith :crest:
Quality! It took me so long to write the post, I got logged out. :oops:
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

nice one....thanks for the update :D
Last edited by bonehead on Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CraigF

Post by CraigF »

i havent been reading this thread. but just read the previous few posts so got a god jist of whats going on sounds a superb idea, especially if we can get the atmosphere that we had at cardiff at home every week