Atmospheric Pressure

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

In what part of the ground would you like to see a singing area?

Centenary Lower
6%
West Stand (Centenary End)
12%
West Stand (Central)
23%
West Stand (Bobby Moore End)
8%
Bobby Moore Lower
44%
East Stand (Bobby Moore End)
5%
East Stand (Central)
2%
East Stand (Centenary End)
2%

Total votes: 155

SL

Post by SL »

I agree. Its probably best for you to take a majority vote and stick with it.

Is it possible to make this thread a sticky and possibly change the name?

This will be great if it comes to fruition, and theres no reason why it shouldnt.

:niceone: :doff:
SL

Post by SL »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

I reckon next to the away supporters (not sure if that is a season ticket area or not though...it seemed to work well in the old south bank. Just a thought
SL

Post by SL »

Id be happy with either of the DML corners (band 4).

Maybe UTJ could organise a vote ?
MooreHurst
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MooreHurst »

SL wrote:Id be happy with either of the DML corners (band 4).

Maybe UTJ could organise a vote ?
Yeah in the corner of the DML by the BML - i sit there, that will be perfect!!!
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

So what is actually happening / going to happen.......?

As all I see so far is loads of places being mentioned and loads of names being mentioned........ :?
Al

Post by Al »

I thought the idea was to get a block in the DML (centre-ish) to get hat part of the ground singing. It would take just about 20 people to sing in this area to get the West side going.

I thought this was the original idea :shock: . The BML and corners of the DML are already pretty noisy.

Post by Guest »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote:I reckon next to the away supporters (not sure if that is a season ticket area or not though...it seemed to work well in the old south bank. Just a thought
If we are serious about this and i hope we are , than really as close to away fans as possible which is centenary stand lower. I think this should be a sticky as next season is a long time away and we need refreshing our wee minds :)

For all those who missed out going to the old Southbank I really hope this takes off because despite what you read in the so call "hoolie books" it wasnt all about the violence . The buzz you get and meeting other hardcore hammers having a laugh made up for the **** that was often on the pitch that we and this board seem to forget all to easily :wink:

southbank
SL

Post by SL »

Once a section of the stadium has been decided, would it be worth spreading the word to WHO, OLAS etc etc ?

Anyone got any connections ?
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

I think this definately needs to be a sticky and as suggested a polls should be set up. I personally think the Centenary Lower would be the best option not sure what the price of a season ticket there is at present but its bound to go up...I think a lot will depend on the price of the location too....
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

HammerMan2004 wrote:So what is actually happening / going to happen.......?

As all I see so far is loads of places being mentioned and loads of names being mentioned........ :?
As I posted earlier, I suggest a meeting after the Derby game to discuss options for seating. A lot of people are looking to move and find an area of the ground to sit and create an atmosphere, something that we all agree is sadly lacking at home. As we can all see in the posts on this thread, there are diverse opinions as to where is best and it is only fair that everybody discusses it and reaches an agreement before we commit ourselves to season tickets. Cost is an issue, view etc.. I have written to West Ham to see if they are in favour of 'singing areas' and their introduction throughout the ground. This is a wider issue and our choice is not dependent on it. Personal crusade I suppose. That is "what is actually happening or likely to happen" at the moment. After Derby at The Wakefield. I also wouldn't mind meeting some of the muppets I'll be commiting myself to sit with :wink: :lol:
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

got one more person.....my Dad wants in as well!! :lol:

he says......."Come on you irons!" :D
outin the sticks

Post by outin the sticks »

i cant go after the derby game :( as i will be on holiday :) but either DML or CL will do me fine :D
chimchimcheroo

Post by chimchimcheroo »

outin the sticks wrote:i cant go after the derby game :( as i will be on holiday :) but either DML or CL will do me fine :D
Pm me with your preferred block and location and your reasons for wanting to sit there. If not enough can make it then we can arrange an alternative date. I hope some are starting to appreciate the difficulties in co-ordinating this now. :D
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

How come when I go to book tickets for the Derby game online.....I click on "book" and then on a section (which says I can get them in there)......then it goes back to the first screen..... :? saying:

---------------

Welcome to West Ham United Football Clubs online booking service. ~

West Ham United are pleased to confirm that following on from the sale of Walsall match tickets supporters are now able to book there seats online for the next fixture at the Boleyn Ground Vs Gillingham.

Gillingham - Saturday 27th March 3.00pm Kick Off.

Category B - JHC Members are able to apply for a complimentay match ticket for this service however this must be obtained through the WHUFC ticket office direct. *

Supporters will be able to book using this service until 2pm Wednesday 24th March. *

----------------

etc etc etc :?
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

Great response guys:

kev
chim
thats zamora
bryant4114
bevster
outinthesticks
losthammer
greatest cockney rip off
hammer0123
chevy
HammerMan2004 + Dad
Richard Cranium
hammer0123
Al
Rob S
Wanstead + 2 mates
One Mcavennie
bonehead
Sicknote + 3 mates
Marky + 1 mate
MooreHurst
Southbank
Jobi Tyrese
Gent
peterbourgh/irons
Di Danio
POSSIBLY SL + 3 mates

Im up for DML as close to the centre as possible. Agree with Al that CL, BML and corners already hold their own. the middle would allow a shockwave effect and get the more timid people to join in

anyone else want to join?
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

So are we going for DML in the middle then?
HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Just noticed that BML tickets are only sold to members......how can I become a member! (I'm only 17).....
That's Zamora

Post by That's Zamora »

HammerMan2004 wrote:So are we going for DML in the middle then?
thats my preference but its going to have to be a case of ask every one and see what they want. this thread may well have a poll soon.

many people may yet drop out if they cannot sit where they want, as they will have to endure a whole season of those seats, so they must be chosen carefully :!:

thats why i think DML centre is best as we would ahve a good view for the entire season, and we can use the shockwave effect to get both ends of DML singing as BML and CL already hold their own
kev
Midfield enforcer
Location: In an old Bakehouse that never stops needing money!
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by kev »

like chim said if you can make the derby game please meet us in the wakefield before and after the game if not pm us with your full name age and preferred seating area. there is no decision on seating as yet as everyones views and conditions will be taken into account. i will try and find out some prices for s/t next season for the prem or 1st div