MSI/Joorabchian takeover bid

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Would you welcome a takeover by this Iranian in the news today?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 289

Glorious Spurs

Post by Glorious Spurs »

York Ham(mer) wrote: I alway wonder what will happen when Abramovitch leaves Chelsea.
Bingo!

I hope they enjoy it while it lasts as its the nature of things that when the money goes so do the stars & Chelski will be right back where they started, Mourinho & Makalele didn't sign for Chelski because its a great club, they signed for Chelski because they'll pay 3 times your market value & set you up for life, que Mr. Arnesen.
West Ham would suddenly become a big player out of nowhere if bought out but if/when the blllionaire pisses back off again West Hamwill be screwed.
It could well be worth it if you think maybe you'll never win anything without it but the real Chelski fans i know aren't loving it right now, they are pissed off that season tickets cost too much, they're surrounded by plastic nouvo Chelski fans.etc
Everyone's got an opinion on it but i know where i stand & we've been linked with our fair share of foreign billionaires, i don't want anyone using my club as a plaything.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Gav can do the ayatollah without getting booed.
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

Gabers wrote: Thats what we are trying to do now rebuild and go at it again like it should be done bringing on players like Noble, Ward, Anton, Cohen, Marlon, Bobby Z,Benayoun, Gabbidon, Collins all of the above players are our past! this is the present
If we go down again, at least half that lot will be sold. Of course that assumes anybody wants them :wink:
VukPopovic

Post by VukPopovic »

Thats what we are trying to do now rebuild and go at it again like it should be done bringing on players like Noble, Ward, Anton, Cohen, Marlon, Bobby Z,Benayoun, Gabbidon, Collins all of the above players are our past! this is the present
That sounds good on paper but reality is different. How much are we in debt? Sooner or later destiny of Leeds or god forbids Wimbledon is awaiting for us. Face the facts - football is played my money, we are small market family club and sooner or later...
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

VukPopovic wrote: That sounds good on paper but reality is different. How much are we in debt? Sooner or later destiny of Leeds or god forbids Wimbledon is awaiting for us. Face the facts - football is played my money, we are small market family club and sooner or later...
Read the articles from Brown in the Newhan recorder posted on here yesterday! the debt isnt a problem we are in a healthy posistion
Jedi Al Khalaas
Shut that door ...
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 113 likes

Post by Jedi Al Khalaas »

I wouldnt mind a benefactor taking over the club, but I abslutely do not want a smug arrogant knowall slaphead william hague lookalikey tosser like Peter Kenyon at the club.

If that is what the money brings I dont want it . One minute he is a lifelong Manure fane , now he is Chelsea blue through and through.

All I want is for Pards to keep us in the prem, I have enjoyed the close season a lot and am really looking forwrd to the season , i dont want anything to mess it up
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

VukPopovic wrote: That sounds good on paper but reality is different. How much are we in debt? Sooner or later destiny of Leeds or god forbids Wimbledon is awaiting for us. Face the facts - football is played my money, we are small market family club and sooner or later...
I think our debt is now well under control and is considerably less that the likes of Newcastle and Manchester City. I don't agree either that we are on course to do a Leeds or Wimbledon, besides Leeds will probably be back next season and in a similar position to us.

However I do agree with your small family club mentality. I think that will always be there with Brown/Cearns et al. Not being overly critical as I think they are going about things the right way at the moment but they never have and never will aim for anything higher than mid table mediocrity. What might surprise you is that a lot of West Ham fans might be happy with that too. :wink:
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

VukPopovic wrote:That sounds good on paper but reality is different. How much are we in debt? Sooner or later destiny of Leeds or god forbids Wimbledon is awaiting for us. Face the facts - football is played my money, we are small market family club and sooner or later...
Why the fook do you say that? :evil: We are now back in the top league, with decent club management we can sort outselves out from here on in.
VukPopovic

Post by VukPopovic »

Read the articles from Brown in the Newhan recorder posted on here yesterday! the debt isnt a problem we are in a healthy posistion
ask some Leeds fans, I am sure they read that same article in their papers.

BROWN IN!!! BROWN IN!!! BROWN IN!!! BROWN IN!!! BROWN IN!!! BROWN IN!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WorcesterWHU
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by WorcesterWHU »

Glorious Spurs wrote: Bingo!

they're surrounded by plastic nouvo Chelski fans.etc
My sentiments exactly.

Walking round Worcester, not exactly a football-hotbed, and the Chelsea shirts have sprung up everywhere. Now I'm not saying you get a ****-load of Hammers fans in Worcester because obviously, you don't, but it's human nature to feel a bit protective about "your" club, and I wouldn't be able to stand the nouveau fan syndrome either.

It's frustrating for myself as a football fan, because it just doesn't feel right, and it never will.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Herts Iron wrote: Why the fook do you say that? :evil: We are now back in the top league, with decent club management we can sort outselves out from here on in.
What he said! top ****ing man Herts Iron :niceone:
staines moore
Location: Staines , home of Carlton Cole and a few hardy West ham fans

Post by staines moore »

I'm sure bieng run by an Irainian would endear us to Tottscum fans even more .We might helicopter gunships over the Boleyn Ground or an assasination attempt on Pards by Mossad.

No touchy PC replies please.................J.O.K.E
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

I hope they enjoy it while it lasts as its the nature of things that when the money goes so do the stars & Chelski will be right back where they started, Mourinho & Makalele didn't sign for Chelski because its a great club, they signed for Chelski because they'll pay 3 times your market value & set you up for life, que Mr. Arnesen.
West Ham would suddenly become a big player out of nowhere if bought out but if/when the blllionaire pisses back off again West Hamwill be screwed.
It could well be worth it if you think maybe you'll never win anything without it but the real Chelski fans i know aren't loving it right now, they are pissed off that season tickets cost too much, they're surrounded by plastic nouvo Chelski fans.etc
Everyone's got an opinion on it but i know where i stand & we've been linked with our fair share of foreign billionaires, i don't want anyone using my club as a plaything.
I rather think people underestimate what is happening @ chelski.

Abramovich is bankrolling it for the moment, but they intend to build up their 'brand name' so that they can go into profit, on the basis of sales, endorsements, sponsorship and the like. They intend to do this by attaining the kind of world recognised status that Madrid, ManU, Milan et al have.

To do this they have to buy the playerrs, win the trophies etc [which they are starting to do]. That's also the reason why they appointed Kenyon - he'd done all that at ManU, so he'd know what to do at Chelsea.

It may be that Abramovbich does continue to bank roll Chelsea. But they won't be that reliant on him once the money rolls in, in the manner I've outlined.

Don't, in other words, expect Chelsea to fold. Do expect them to hike themselves up to one of the biggest clubs in Europe, and to have the capacity to remain there.
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

If you believe Kenyon then Chelsea will be profitable within 3 years.

But who would believe Kenyon?? :lol:
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

VukPopovic wrote: ask some Leeds fans, I am sure they read that same article in their papers.

If you want to be a real smart arse then get a copy of the accounts which are in simple format black and white then maybe you would have enough information/knowledge to make this part of the thread worth reading!
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

WorcesterWHU wrote: My sentiments exactly.

Walking round Worcester, not exactly a football-hotbed, and the Chelsea shirts have sprung up everywhere. Now I'm not saying you get a ****-load of Hammers fans in Worcester because obviously, you don't, but it's human nature to feel a bit protective about "your" club, and I wouldn't be able to stand the nouveau fan syndrome either.

It's frustrating for myself as a football fan, because it just doesn't feel right, and it never will.

loads in east ham now just another fashion item! they will be no more if they do not win the league next season they will just follow the club that wins the league.
MattJAw
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by MattJAw »

Jedi Al Khalaas wrote: All I want is for Pards to keep us in the prem, I have enjoyed the close season a lot and am really looking forwrd to the season , i dont want anything to mess it up

Couldn't agree more, the money would be nice if it was kept firmly in the background on an 'if you need it' basis but please lets not try to buy success - all the above posts correctly point out the many problems involved in that.

Maybe our impressive history is actually going to be our downfall
double D

Post by double D »

Unfortunatley if we want to compete with the likes of Chelsea huge investment is needed as it will be for the rest of the Prem but that does not make it right and is way off what my footballing beliefs are :cry: :cry: :cry:

**** off the big boys and make it more interesting for us all :D :D :D
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

Gabers wrote: If you want to be a real smart arse then get a copy of the accounts which are in simple format black and white then maybe you would have enough information/knowledge to make this part of the thread worth reading!
To be fair to Vuk, there is a part of me that finds it very difficult to have a love in with Terry Brown. Yes club is heading in the right direction but that's what we thought 4 years ago.
simon hammer
Has liked: 963 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

VukPopovic wrote:
ask some Leeds fans, I am sure they read that same article in their papers.

I've read all your posts in this thread.

You're on a wind up aren't you?

JOG ON son.