MSI/Joorabchian takeover bid

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Would you welcome a takeover by this Iranian in the news today?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 289

Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

seriously this worries me, it sounds well suss and the money sounds like it comes from fuckin arms sales or something, and he's using the clubsto wash money (fuckin hell it might be terroist linked for all we know)

Our club is on the up finally and although I dont like uncle Terry i would prefer him to some well iffy iranian who could cripple us and put us out of business (what if we sign people on massive deals and he pulls out at sometime!!)

Along with that the last thing we need at the moment is a public war in the papers where the players and management are distracted from the important stuff - KEEPING US UP
Last edited by Ozza on Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
4everandever

Post by 4everandever »

Brown Out

Brown In

Im going to have a lay down
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Brown out

Post by pezza20 »

Totally agree with Ozza on this, Abramovic may get found out sooner or later and that will spell the end for Chelscum, and this Iranian guy, well he's from Iran so it says it all. Brown is an idiot as we all know however I'd rather know our club was being run as a business rather than an investment vehicle for washing ditry washing through the till.

If Brown does go for it, and frankly this will be a test of his old 'I'm a fan' b*llocks, he'd have to ensure he hid somewhere safe because it would prove he's a money grabbing tosser who is only out for himself - alternatively if he does sell he'll have to ensure he keeps the ground safe from sale as once in control this guy could do what he wants and in a few years we might not have a football club.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

I wouldnt welcome an unknown into West Ham no matter how much money he has! This club is owned by fans financially backed by its fans and has a number of fans playing for us. For some reason I really do not feel happy about this rumour of a takeover it just doesnt smell right to me not one bit and my hunches are normally correct
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Is Terry Brown a fan then? Cant remember at this time in the morning.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

Herts Iron wrote:Is Terry Brown a fan then? Cant remember at this time in the morning.
Yeah he is a fan not the most popular one with some sections :wink: but he is a fan
pennywisepeter

Post by pennywisepeter »

reading the articles, the guy sounds like a complete crook. Now, i'm not one to turn down money, but don't want to end up being shafted and left in a worse position than before after clawing our way back...
VukPopovic

Post by VukPopovic »

You people are still living in the sixties. Look at world around you. If we don't become money washing machine somebody else will. This should be about football and if we can play in Champions league or win F.A cup again, I should not give a rats as s about where the money come from.

Football has lost all purity long time ago. Why should we care. :wink:
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

pennywisepeter wrote:reading the articles, the guy sounds like a complete crook. Now, i'm not one to turn down money, but don't want to end up being shafted and left in a worse position than before after clawing our way back...
Just speaking to my Spurs Supporting Boss :roll: and he says the same as me :shock: !! How can people like this Iranian and the Russian at Chelski keep up spending this money?? also both are financially linked through Media Sports Super Agency! One day soon I can see the money drying up and all hell breaking loose we dont need another decade of uncertantity
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

VukPopovic wrote:You people are still living in the sixties. Look at world around you. If we don't become money washing machine somebody else will. This should be about football and if we can play in Champions league or win F.A cup again, I should not give a rats as s about where the money come from.

People are gagging for Roman to do the offski from Chelsea so it leaves them in the ****. I do not want West Ham to be thought of in the same light as our rich West London neighbours.
TBH, Im totally undecided about all this.
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

VukPopovic wrote:You people are still living in the sixties. Look at world around you. If we don't become money washing machine somebody else will. This should be about football and if we can play in Champions league or win F.A cup again, I should not give a rats as s about where the money come from.

We should care as this club has been loved by the its fans (real people) for over 100 years! I want to see it supported with the same affection for the next 500 years! not some jumped up pricks play toy just cos he has a few quid from "dodgy" means!
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

I would rather be in the championship, than have someone like Abramovich take us over and buy us success… Simply because it could happen to any club wow plough a load of cash, instant success… the whole reason I love West Ham is because we have a set of ideals and values that remain constant, sure a bit of money is helpful but if it means losing our identity to be like Blackburn winning a title sod it…
VukPopovic

Post by VukPopovic »

After watching all those games don't you think he (Roman) became a Chelski fan? If you watched that much balet you would become keen on it. Trust me. After all I don't see financial reason to destroy club you own. (in this case, not like Man U situation).
Maxwell_Silver

Post by Maxwell_Silver »

You are Abramovic, and I claim my £5. :wink:
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

VukPopovic wrote:After watching all those games don't you think he (Roman) became a Chelski fan? If you watched that much balet you would become keen on it. Trust me. After all I don't see financial reason to destroy club you own. (in this case, not like Man U situation).
its just not wanted by a majority in my opinion buying success is success at all. Real success would be consolidating our posistion in the Premiership and then going on to challenge for Europe thats what we would enjoy deserved success through hardwork shrewd transfers and entertaining football
VukPopovic

Post by VukPopovic »

would rather be in the championship, than have someone like Abramovich take us over and buy us success…
Di Canio
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard
Berkovic
James
Kanute
Defoe
Carrick
Johnson
....and many more

anybody with an opinioun that we should a won a champions league. insteed we got relagated. WE SOLD OUR SUCCESS. maybe we should try not to do this again...
double D

Post by double D »

Its reported that he promises to attend all away games wearing his rucksack 8-) 8-) 8-)
VukPopovic

Post by VukPopovic »

lol lol lol
Rich WHUFC

Post by Rich WHUFC »

I think I would have enjoyed last season more as an Everton supporter than Chelsea...
anyway play-offs and relegations scraps are where its at!
Gabers

Post by Gabers »

VukPopovic wrote: Di Canio
Joe Cole
Frank Lampard
Berkovic
James
Kanute
Defoe
Carrick
Johnson
....and many more

anybody with an opinioun that we should a won a champions league. insteed we got relagated. WE SOLD OUR SUCCESS. maybe we should try not to do this again...
Thats what we are trying to do now rebuild and go at it again like it should be done bringing on players like Noble, Ward, Anton, Cohen, Marlon, Bobby Z,Benayoun, Gabbidon, Collins all of the above players are our past! this is the present