MSI/Joorabchian takeover bid

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Would you welcome a takeover by this Iranian in the news today?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Yes
58%
No
42%

Total votes: 289

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

2 goals coles wrote:I don't want to become another Chelsea
I alway wonder what will happen when Abramovitch leaves Chelsea.
I Prefer Pepsi

Post by I Prefer Pepsi »

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
bla bla bla.

Anything is better than Monsieur Brown.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

I Prefer Pepsi wrote:Anything is better than Monsieur Brown.
Peter Ridsdale perhaps? :|
RM9

Post by RM9 »

2 goals coles wrote:I don't want to become another Chelsea

You dont wanna have a squad with some the best players in the world? Win the Prem? Goto the likes of the San Siro, Nou Camp?

Please, f*** off :wink:
Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

RM9 wrote:
You dont wanna have a squad with some the best players in the world? Win the Prem? Goto the likes of the San Siro, Nou Camp?

Please, f*ck off :wink:
He's got a point.

Chelsea have brought the title and are as you have noticed run by a buch of tossers.They have many glory hunting fans and they just seem such a plastic club now.
I for one doubt very much this is true, If he did come in all I'd want this bloke to do it give money to Pardew and let him spend it as he sees fit - not pissing 200M to spend stupid amounts on players.
Doubting Tomas

Post by Doubting Tomas »

Harveys_HammersLH wrote: He's got a point.

Chelsea have brought the title and are as you have noticed run by a buch of tossers.They have many glory hunting fans and they just seem such a plastic club now.
I for one doubt very much this is true, If he did come in all I'd want this bloke to do it give money to Pardew and let him spend it as he sees fit - not pissing 200M to spend stupid amounts on players.
If we had a billionaire take over and a £200 mill transfer budget Pardew would be shown the door with a boot up his arse.
IRON @ HEART

Post by IRON @ HEART »

Are there any more iranians on the forum. I'm iranian myself.

Can someone give me the link to this news.
norfolk_hammer

Post by norfolk_hammer »

On the news it has just stated that the newly elected hard-line leader of Iran wants to return all the oil riches back to the people. This would be just our luck - we find an oil billionaire to buy us and then he gets all his money taken away!

Just like my dreams....
Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by Trap1 »

Being a billionaire does not necessarily guarantee an Abramovich style investment.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

What page is it in today's Sun then? I couldn't see it...
ragedwhufan
Location: Sitting in the back row with Malcolm, on our way to Cardiff

Post by ragedwhufan »

Stevo wrote:What page is it in today's Sun then? I couldn't see it...

Top right page 67, tiny bit..............not that I buy the poxy comic!
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

ragedwhufan wrote:
Top right page 67, tiny bit..............not that I buy the poxy comic!
just read it

what a load of b*llocks, if anyone thinks brown wouls sell for 20 million quid then they are very mistaken, he wouldn't have sold for that if we'd stayed down, and those 30 million pound debts are now just the mortgage on the ground i don't consider my mortgage a debt unless i ever get to the point of having arrears, west ham are not and never have been in arrears on that loan

poor bit of journalism in my book
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Doubting Tomas wrote: If we had a billionaire take over and a £200 mill transfer budget Pardew would be shown the door with a boot up his arse.
so Chelsea have bought the title - if that's what it's going to take to see us win even the Carling Cup then i'll happely snap the hand off any billionair who wants to buy the club.
The Delephant Man

Post by The Delephant Man »

Larry wrote: so Chelsea have bought the title - if that's what it's going to take to see us win even the Carling Cup then i'll happely snap the hand off any billionair who wants to buy the club.
Imagine how satisfying it would be to win the title with a team of players who were brought through the ranks of the club, with the addition of a couple of astute signings.

I would rather that than shell out £250 million for the title.
ragedwhufan
Location: Sitting in the back row with Malcolm, on our way to Cardiff

Post by ragedwhufan »

Delephant wrote:

"Imagine how satisfying it would be to win the title with a team of players who were brought through the ranks of the club, with the addition of a couple of astute signings.

I would rather that than shell out £250 million for the title".

Umm, sounds glorious.................praying to the football God.......would be better than a multi...maybe :wink:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

heard it all befor
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

The Delephant Man wrote:
Imagine how satisfying it would be to win the title with a team of players who were brought through the ranks of the club, with the addition of a couple of astute signings.

I would rather that than shell out £250 million for the title.
agree totally and going up on the limited budget we did made that so much sweeter

i'd hate to see west ham go the route chelsea have, when you work hard for something the reward of achieving your goal is everything you've worked, having something handed on a plate after buying it taints it, chelseas victory has a very hollow feel to it, i'd hate to feel that about any glory we might have
The Delephant Man

ragedwhufan wrote:Delephant wrote:

"Imagine how satisfying it would be to win the title with a team of players who were brought through the ranks of the club, with the addition of a couple of astute signings.

I would rather that than shell out £250 million for the title".

Umm, sounds glorious.................praying to the football God.......would be better than a multi...maybe :wink:
There's always hope :D . I'm dreaming dreams, I'm scheming schemes.......................
jay66uk

Post by jay66uk »

I would hate us to become another Chelsea. The whole point for me is the uncertainty, the nerves, the pain, the eventual pleasures (like Cardiff). And, please, don't tell me to **** off - it's just an opinion. I would much prefer to build up to winning something and see that organic growth rather than suddenly buy in a load of celeb players and not recognise the squad.
The Delephant Man

sicknote wrote: agree totally and going up on the limited budget we did made that so much sweeter

i'd hate to see west ham go the route chelsea have, when you work hard for something the reward of achieving your goal is everything you've worked, having something handed on a plate after buying it taints it, chelseas victory has a very hollow feel to it, i'd hate to feel that about any glory we might have
Hollow indeed. Well done Abramovich, you must be really proud.