Yossi Benayoun

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

theykilledkenny

d

Post by theykilledkenny »

I hope that's true. He's exactly what we need.
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Berkovic knows that his best years were at West Ham, and he knows that it's mostly because of the clubs tradition of attractive and attacking football, which brought out the best of him.

He keeps going on and on about his time with Rio, Lampard, Cole and how West Ham plays football the way it should be played. It's pretty obvious that he has nothing but praise for the club, despite his childish behavior right after he left for Celtic.
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

Jobi Wan Kenobi wrote:I seem to recall Eyal saying the opposite about West Ham when he left - something about unprofessional, drinking culture....?
I think the issue was with a p1ss poor manager rather than the club as a whole. Were the comments saying something about the club, or something about someone who ran certain aspects of the club? :wink:
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

Jobi Wan Kenobi wrote: I seem to recall Eyal saying the opposite about West Ham when he left - something about unprofessional, drinking culture....?
Pub side wasn't it?

Mind you with Hartson, Ruddock and Lampard at the time, he was probably right. A pub side would have been fitter
YBenayoun

Post by YBenayoun »

Benayoun also scored 3 goals in 4 matches against Real Madrid, one of them in Santiago Bernabeu.

In Israel he played for Maccabi Haifa which is the team that sold Yakubu to Portsmouth.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Kent Exile wrote: Pub side wasn't it?

Mind you with Hartson, Ruddock and Lampard at the time, he was probably right. A pub side would have been fitter
You can stack sinclair in there too

Oh and Eyal should be just the chap to advise on the relative merits of living in London or in Manchester's poor relation :lol:
Last edited by upton o'good on Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

YBenayoun wrote:Benayoun also scored 3 goals in 4 matches against Real Madrid, one of them in Santiago Bernabeu.

In Israel he played for Maccabi Haifa which is the team that sold Yakubu to Portsmouth.
But you don't like to big yourself up.
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

Arch Dandy wrote: But you don't like to big yourself up.
Great to see he joined the forum before joining the club
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:I'd be over the moon if this happens.

Never thought West Ham could afford him, but if we can his creativity is exactly what we need in midfield. His vision is extraordinary, his technical ability is fantastic as well. He's a bit skinny though and doesn't seem aggressive enough for the Premiership, but so wasn't Berkovic if you think about it.

He was Santander's top scorer last season with about 15, mostly dribbled efforts. He's season highlight was his hatrick in Deportivo's "Riazor", for which he was given 10 ratings all over Spain's sports newspapers.

Very versatile as well, could play behind the forwards as a playmaker, but could easily play on either wing.

Lovely player, Israel's top man, way ahead of Tal Ben Haim and Yaniv Katan- sign him :D .

£2.5m for a player of his quality is an absolute bargin and sounds like a much better deal than Jason Euell for £2m. I wonder what sort of wages he will be on.

Does this mean our search for a top quality right winger would be over?

Whos this David Figo bloke then? :wink:
SL

Post by SL »

jastons wrote:
£2.5m for a player of his quality is an absolute bargin and sounds like a much better deal than Jason Euell for £2m. I wonder what sort of wages he will be on.

Does this mean our search for a top quality right winger would be over?

Whos this David Figo bloke then? :wink:
I was under the impression that he is a central player. Anyone confirm ?
upton o'good

Post by upton o'good »

Kent Exile wrote: Great to see he joined the forum before joining the club
That's cos he used to stand on the west bank as a kid...
Eastbourne Hammer

SL wrote: I was under the impression that he is a central player. Anyone confirm ?
I think you'll find most Israelis are right wingers. Not much you can do about that. :shock:
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

upton o'good wrote: That's cos he used to stand on the west bank as a kid...
:lol: Inspired
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Interesting dilema. Assuming a similar fee / package were to be offered, where do you go? An established, relatively successful band of players from across the globe playing a functional, albeit succesful brand of football and managed by fat sam and chinese sammy (well I always thought he looked chinese). Or a newly promoted, young and ambitious side with a tradition for playing flowing attractive football led by a young and, imo dickheads aside, well thought of manager. One club in the metropolitan sprawl of Manchester, the other in East London? Add to that Bolton are unlikely to struggle next season and we most likely will.

I'd like to think he'd be brave enough to chose the footbaling option but who knows?
Eastbourne Hammer

One point I'd like to make is this; How much coverage would there have been in his formative years of Bolton? Very little I would suspect. How much coverage of the team with Berkovic playing a pivotal role in midfield? Considerably more I would think. Can only hope that this is the case & that it has some sort of positive impact on his decision.
upton o'good

Post by upton o'good »

Another point worth making is would he start at Bolton? Stelios, a similar player(?) often has to come off the bench
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Both valid points fellas. The problem with bolton would predominantly be the thought of not having to struggle in a side tipped for relegation. I agree about being a likely starter and our history, particularly with the Berko connection. Lets just hope Pardew hit the right notes, :wink:
Briano

Post by Briano »

Benayouin destroyed irelands hopes of qualifying for Germany nxt year with a great performance in Israel when they scored a late equaliser. West Ham should ensure we get our man, Bolton I dont think so.....This guy will be a legend if he signs.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Caribiron wrote:Both valid points fellas. The problem with bolton would predominantly be the thought of not having to struggle in a side tipped for relegation. I agree about being a likely starter and our history, particularly with the Berko connection. Lets just hope Pardew hit the right notes, :wink:
Every player we have signed has come out and said how impressed they have been with Alan's plans for the future. I'm sure that if he gets a chance to talk to him he'll sign.
Myron T Buttram
Probed by aliens

Post by Myron T Buttram »

Caribiron wrote:Interesting dilema. Assuming a similar fee / package were to be offered, where do you go? An established, relatively successful band of players from across the globe playing a functional, albeit succesful brand of football and managed by fat sam and chinese sammy (well I always thought he looked chinese). Or a newly promoted, young and ambitious side with a tradition for playing flowing attractive football led by a young and, imo dickheads aside, well thought of manager. One club in the metropolitan sprawl of Manchester, the other in East London? Add to that Bolton are unlikely to struggle next season and we most likely will.

I'd like to think he'd be brave enough to chose the footbaling option but who knows?
I think it will boil down to who will pay the most wages to be honest.