Yossi Benayoun

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

Just got home.
Have we signed him? :?
MCL

Post by MCL »

Have you seen the topic?
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

PATISH wrote: There is no ecstacy without the taste of agony, a sign of true fans.
Thank you lads for your acceptance, would love to be a part of the forum :wink:
Keep on being reasonable like you've been in the first post and you'll be banned from this forum :wink: . Welcome!
daniel

Post by daniel »

yossi landed in israel, and is flying to london on tuesday.
`ammer dave

Post by `ammer dave »

Just got in from work,at last yossi has signed (thank f*ck 4 that)

Quality :raver: :niceone:
daniel

Post by daniel »

yossi had a big interview with him in our sports paper, and he said that he's happy to play for west and be called a hammer.
his jersey number is 9?!?!?(that's what it says)
he had 2 more offers from spain, and newcastle was also intersted, bue he cohse you.
"i know that i need to prove myself, because nothing is for sure, and only the players that make the best effort will play".
"no matter what happens, whether we win the championship or get relgated, i'm wih the team 100%".
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

At last we have someone to grace the number 9 shirt (if thats correct) 8-)
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

daniel wrote: "no matter what happens, whether we win the championship or get relgated, i'm wih the team 100%".

:lol:

He really doesn't know what he's let himself in for, does he?

Profondo Rosso

Post by Profondo Rosso »

this has got to be the funniest thread in all the forums in all the worlds.

I read some complains that no one has said anything bad about Yossi, so i'm out to fix that.

if your expecting a free kick master you got the wrong guy, this is just not his thing, it's true, in the video you can see him curling one home, but that's insanly rare, i won't be surprised if that's the only free kick goal he ever scored, plus he was never the main free kicker on all the teams he played for.

the reason for that is that he lacks basic kicking skills !, i know this sounds ridiculous but it's true, he's been crticized that he's not kicking the ball but "pushing" it , for that don't expect him to score goals from outside the box.

all this hype around him surly cant help, you guys are probably expecting a hybrid between Zidane & Christiano Ronaldo, he's bound to score 5-7 goals in the PS but no more.
Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Profondo Rosso wrote:this has got to be the funniest thread in all the forums in all the worlds.

I read some complains that no one has said anything bad about Yossi, so i'm out to fix that.

if your expecting a free kick master you got the wrong guy, this is just not his thing, it's true, in the video you can see him curling one home, but that's insanly rare, i won't be surprised if that's the only free kick goal he ever scored, plus he was never the main free kicker on all the teams he played for.

the reason for that is that he lacks basic kicking skills !, i know this sounds ridiculous but it's true, he's been crticized that he's not kicking the ball but "pushing" it , for that don't expect him to score goals from outside the box.

all this hype around him surly cant help, you guys are probably expecting a hybrid between Zidane & Christiano Ronaldo, he's bound to score 5-7 goals in the PS but no more.
After 3, lets all kick his ass

Herts Iron

Post by Herts Iron »

Ok, this is my first chance to get back on this thread since it became official (bbq yesterday in the scorchio weather), so I for one would just like to say.....

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!

WELL DONE PARDS, WELKUMB YOSSI!!!!!
BenayounAce

Post by BenayounAce »

Profondo Rosso wrote:this has got to be the funniest thread in all the forums in all the worlds.

You are right about the free kick thing, but I think you went a little harsh at the end there.
He was the lead scorer of Racing last season (9 goals) and if I'm not mistaken he's the lead scorer of the World Cup Qualifying Group Israel is in (unless Frei took the lead in the last game).
The thing is that he has yet to have played with really good quality players to help him. Perhaps now that he has a few in his team he will score and set up more goals.

About the outside the box thing: It might not be his trademark goal, but he does it from time to time. Also, maybe he doesn't kick 'by the book', but sometimes the ball just goes the right way from his leg (the ones I can recall at the moment are the goal against La Coruna this year and the kick he had in Cyprus VS Israel where the ball went right to the top corner but the keeper managed to get his fingers in the way).
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

EggyG wrote: Yes + Shaun Newton had the number 3 Shirt (Our new left back)
Its becasue its a friendly. They don't use squad numbers just 1-11 and subs
Profondo Rosso

Post by Profondo Rosso »

Herts Iron wrote:
After 3, lets all kick his ass

dont hate the player, hate the game :lol:

just kididng,

ACE: when he does score outside the box it's usually a volley, i don't think i was really harsh, after all he is not a perfect player, i'd say he's at the top of the third class of european players, he can't get to the top clubs in the world, he could be a sub for the second rate teams ( like Newcastle, Rome or deportivo for example) or a starter for the third rate ones ( like WH, Everton, PSG or Torino).
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

MadMart wrote:"..being chased bu other leading Premiership teams.." Oh do fuckoff Aldridge
What's wrong with Aldridges' statement? If Everton and Bolton were after him, then on last season's performance, those two are leading Premiership clubs - both are in Europe this season.
Israeli_Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:Number 9 in claret and blue:

http://www.nrg.co.il/images/archive/gallery/331/705.jpg
Unusually large body :shock:
daniel

Post by daniel »

yossi has good free kicks.
west ham hasn't had a good free kick taker for years(according to some of you), so yossi can take them.
he's no beckham, but can score a free kick once in a while.
he is everything he's cut out to be.
promise.
let's get this thread to 80 pages!!!!
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

has he signed yet?

Ricky Boy
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Ricky Boy »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:Number 9 in claret and blue:

http://www.nrg.co.il/images/archive/gallery/331/705.jpg
We've been shafted - £2.5m for the singer in Foo Fighters :oops:

Pards apparently said (once again at the dinner after yesterday's game), that he's looking to play Yossi wide right in a 4-4-2, and/or at central midfield in a 4-5-1, which he's intending to play at times this season.