Yossi Benayoun

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

SL

Post by SL »

Ive seen Matt Holland mentioned on here a few times.

Have we been linked with him ?

I was away on holiday last week and didnt see anything in the papers.

Cheers.
The Bob

Post by The Bob »

SL wrote:Ive seen Matt Holland mentioned on here a few times.

Have we been linked with him ?

I was away on holiday last week and didnt see anything in the papers.

Cheers.
Only on here nothing in papers.

Dont believe it unless its on the list http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42502
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5555 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

Marky wrote:Why are Racing letting him go?
According to http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill/

They don't want to:
Alan Pardew also wants a midfielder and reckons Israel ace Yossi Benayoun could be his trump card next season. Real Zaragoza may be determined to cling on to their skilful playmaker, and have already rejected a £1.8m bid from Bolton, but the player is determined to come to England and has rejected a lucrative new contract offer from the Spaniards. Pardew reckons £2.5m will make him a West Ham player.
Also looks like Jimmy could be out for a while as we are linked with another keeper:
The Hammers head is also pounding a path to Russel Hoult's front door, obviously aware that he may need goalkeeping cover for frequent fumbler Roy Carroll. Fulham want the Baggies man too though.
Der Hammer

Post by Der Hammer »

Alan Pardew also wants a midfielder and reckons Israel ace Yossi Benayoun could be his trump card next season. Real Zaragoza may be determined to cling on to their skilful playmaker, and have already rejected a £1.8m bid from Bolton, but the player is determined to come to England and has rejected a lucrative new contract offer from the Spaniards. Pardew reckons £2.5m will make him a West Ham player.
Think they've got it wrong. As I understand it, when he didn't want to renew, Santander (not Zaragoza :roll: ) decided to cash in. They negotiated a transfer with a russian club for £3.5 mil, but Yossi turned them down. In disgust they then sold him to his agent for £2.5 mil :shock:

Guess Pardew has to offer a bit above £2.5 mil to get him....
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Top top player, uber suprised if he joined
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

noble art wrote:so agents can now buy players :shock:
whats this game coming too?
This sort of thing happens all the time in South America. IRC thats why spurs didnt sign Diego, because his dad and his agent owned part of him and so did his club. Somehting along those lines im sure Glorious Spurs will correct me if need be. :wink:

In Italy, its not unusal for a player to be owned by more than one club.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

jastons wrote: This sort of thing happens all the time in South America. IRC thats why spurs didnt sign Diego, because his dad and his agent owned part of him and so did his club. Somehting along those lines im sure Glorious Spurs will correct me if need be. :wink:

Same was true of Eto'o before he went to Barca. 50/50 between Real Madrid and real Mallorca (for whom he played)
Glorious Spurs

Post by Glorious Spurs »

jastons wrote: This sort of thing happens all the time in South America. IRC thats why spurs didnt sign Diego, because his dad and his agent owned part of him and so did his club. Somehting along those lines im sure Glorious Spurs will correct me if need be. :wink:

Actually the lad & his dad were very keen on the deal going through, it was Santos piddling about which scuppered the deal in the end, also we were waiting for his Italian passport to come through, in the end (and personally i was mightily relieved) we didn't get him, He has hardly pulled up any trees at porto or for Brazil.

But to answer your question yes, Santos had signed the lad from his local boys club under the condition that his father had a 20% stake in his son.
A bizarre developement in football but there you go.
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

For a midfielder 16 goals in two seasons in La Liga is very impressive. Dont know the exact numbers but would be suprised if the likes of Figo, Beckham or Zidane did much better than that
Only thing to consider here is that he generally plays as more of a number 10 type player than as a central midfielder. Decent player though and IMO certainly good enoguh to belong in the midtable regions of the Premiership - but only (as GS said) if you were employing a 4-5-1 formation or a 4-4-2 where he plays as the deep lying striker.

The story of Zahavi taking over his contract stunk a bit if you ask me though. Apparantly a sale was agreed with the Russian side for 5 million Euros. Benayouan refused to speak to them and said he'd see out his contract, this paved the way for Zahavi to pay £3.5 million Euros to buy out his contract, and Yossi then went and spoke with the Russians (no doubt with them adding the extra 1.5 million on to his wages/the agents fees).
Israeli_Hammer
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

I'd be over the moon if this happens.

Never thought West Ham could afford him, but if we can his creativity is exactly what we need in midfield. His vision is extraordinary, his technical ability is fantastic as well. He's a bit skinny though and doesn't seem aggressive enough for the Premiership, but so wasn't Berkovic if you think about it.

He was Santander's top scorer last season with about 15, mostly dribbled efforts. His season highlight was his hatrick in Deportivo's "Riazor", for which he was given 10 ratings all over Spain's sports newspapers.

Very versatile as well, can play behind the forwards as a playmaker, but can also easily play on either wing.

Lovely player, Israel's top man, way ahead of Tal Ben Haim and Yaniv Katan- sign him :D .
Last edited by Israeli_Hammer on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Israeli_Hammer

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Oh and by the way, papers over here suggest he will be either a Bolton or a West Ham player by tomorrow.
Ricky Boy
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Ricky Boy »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:Oh and by the way, papers over here suggest he will be either a Bolton or a West Ham player by tomorrow.
After people praising his qualities (have never seen him play myself), I fully expect Big Fat Sam to sign him up :?
Bryant4114
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Bar the goalkeeper, he was easily israels best player when i saw em play ireland. And the times ive seen Racing play hes look very lively.

Hes a top player, would be fantastic if we got him

As for agents owning them, a group of investors bought Danny Webber for Watford and effectively owned him. And its was their decision to sell him not Watfords
SL

Post by SL »

Despite never seeing him play I really want us to sign this fella.

:oops:
Kent Exile

Post by Kent Exile »

SL wrote:Despite never seeing him play I really want us to sign this fella.

:oops:
Ditto never seen him play but I also really want him to sign. He must have something special considering the amount of people knocking one out over him and young Harv is nowhere to be seen.

2.5 Mill for such quality and potential seems almost too good to be true!

Where's the catch?
Israeli_Hammer

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

Confirmed: West Ham and Santander have agreed on a 3.5 Euro fee and talks with both Bolton and West Ham are on their way.
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

Really where have you heard that mate?
Israeli_Hammer wrote:Confirmed: West Ham and Santander have agreed on a 3.5 Euro fee and talks with both Bolton and West Ham are on their way.
Israeli_Hammer

Post by Israeli_Hammer »

It's all over Israeli sports websites.

Hopefully Yossi's talking to Eyal Berkovic on the phone right now, and Eyal is explaining how wonderful West Ham and East London are :P .
Last edited by Israeli_Hammer on Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SL

Post by SL »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:Confirmed: West Ham and Santander have agreed on a 3.5 Euro fee and talks with both Bolton and West Ham are on their way.
Surely the fee would be agreed with the agents as the player no longer has anything to do with Santander ?
Jobi Wan Kenobi

Post by Jobi Wan Kenobi »

Israeli_Hammer wrote:It's all over Israeli sports websites.

Hopefully Yossi talking to Eyal Berkovic on the phone right now, and Eyal is explaining how wonderful West Ham and East London are :P .
I seem to recall Eyal saying the opposite about West Ham when he left - something about unprofessional, drinking culture....?