Yossi Benayoun

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Hobbsy

Post by Hobbsy »

I know its probably on this thread a million times but i cant be boved to look....how old is yossi?
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

West Ham have completed the capture of Israel international Yossi Benayoun.

The Hammers and Bolton were vying for the 25-year-old's services, but it was Alan Pardew's side who won the race for the former Maccabi Haifa star.

Benayoun is believed to have undergone a medical at Upton Park on Saturday before penning a deal with the East London outfit.

While Benayoun played for Racing last season the fee will not be paid to the club as agents Pini Zahavi and Ronen Katsav recently bought the player for around €3.5 million.

The Israeli midfielder was close to joining CSKA Moscow last summer, however he was unable to agree personal terms with the Russian outfit.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

Great news - welcome Yossi!

Well done Pards!

Welcome to all our new freiends/supporters in Israel!

:aveit:
BenayounAce

Post by BenayounAce »

irisiris wrote:And what are the odds Yossi scoring a couple vs Bolton after all this then???
Let's face it we owe them....b'stards haha

Come on Benni & Edgar, sign, you know it makes sense....
I'd settle for a 1-0 P:
Tal Ben Haim (Israeli great central defender) plays there.
Hobbsy

Post by Hobbsy »

Oh 24 :oops:
DRAGON SLAYER

Post by DRAGON SLAYER »

yes well done :pards: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver: :raver:
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Mr_Skid wrote:I think everyone may be going a little ott yes its a good signing but has anyone actually seen him play ?
no and no ones ever heard of him before.
and he hasn't exactly been making waves in the transfer market either.
Bolton wanted him whoooooaaaaaaaa they sign ****ing everyone and anyone with an unpronouncable name.

Im sure the club know who they are getting but the fact that people are wetting themselves over him and listining to all the hype from israel (which lets face it is he home of world football)
Just don't expect miracles from him...CAN WE SEAL UP A QUALITY STRIKER NOW AP !!!

(rant over**)
hammer4life89

Post by hammer4life89 »

I wonder if we can get this thread up to 100 pages now that we have signed Yossi
i

w
i
l
l

t
r
y

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
i
c
a
n

t
o

g
e
t

t
h
i
s

t
o

p
a
g
e
s
:roll:
the jazz chef

Post by the jazz chef »

oh yes,now I am very excited.......this man looks top banana :D
Eastbourne Hammer

Post by Eastbourne Hammer »

hammer4life89 wrote: i

w
i
l
l

t
r
y

t
h
e

b
e
s
t
i
c
a
n

t
o

g
e
t

t
h
i
s

t
o

p
a
g
e
s
:roll:
I don't think you fully understand.
BenayounAce

Post by BenayounAce »

Thank you Rob! been looking for those goals a long time now.
I strongly recommend watching the 3rd one (I was there, it was amazing).
This guy can put down a goalkeeper like nothing.
Stevo
Yellow card - abuse
Location: At the World Cup cheering on me main man, Shakaa Hissslop! He dunt smooorke da reeeefaa!

Post by Stevo »

He's officially singed today!

News to follow on SSN after the break...........

Welcome son, Up The Ammerssssssss! 8-)
OsloHammer

Post by OsloHammer »

Mr_Skid wrote:I think everyone may be going a little ott yes its a good signing but has anyone actually seen him play ?
The vid shows that he scores some very special goals, and can take free kicks. I am so looking forward to seeing him in claret and blue. An attacking, two footed, goal scoring midfielder.

Not a lot to base any real judgement on, but I for one am jumping with joy.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Thanks to everybody for hours of entertainment over the past three days or so! All achieved without the help of HHLH!!! Great stuff. Oh, and welkumb to all our new friends from Israel.
Eastbourne Hammer

York Ham(mer) wrote:Thanks to everybody for hours of entertainment over the past three days or so! All achieved without the help of HHLH!!! Great stuff. Oh, and welkumb to all our new friends from Israel.
There's a seperate thread for that kind of talk........
damo
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by damo »

Can I ask any of our Israeli friends if Yossi tends to stay injury free?
A New Hope

Post by A New Hope »

coxy wrote:I'm hoping this is a long contract, 4 years would be nice.
Sky Sports says it is a 4 year deal. For a fee of £2.5m
West Ham have completed the capture of Israel international Yossi Benayoun for £2.5 million.

The Hammers and Bolton were vying for the 25-year-old's services, but it was Alan Pardew's side who won the race for the former Maccabi Haifa star.

Benayoun, who has signed a four-year deal, is believed to have undergone a medical at Upton Park on Saturday before penning a deal with the East London outfit.

"We are delighted to have signed such a highly-rated player who was being chased by a number of other leading Premiership clubs," said managing director Paul Aldridge to the club's official website.

"I am sure he will become a huge favourite with our fans."
Eastbourne Hammer

A New Hope wrote: Sky Sports says it is a 4 year deal. For a fee of £2.5m
Which was nice. :roll:
fordehammer

Post by fordehammer »

excellent we have signed a player no-one has heard of before thursday :shock:

ok i watched the film of him and he does look good , and it seem's that we have got him cheap too :D

i hope he lives up to the hype

and thank's to the daniel and the other israel poster's for the info on him :niceone:
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

WEST Ham United are delighted to announce the £2.5 million signing of 25-year-old Israeli midfield star Yossi Benayoun from Spanish club Racing Santander.

Yossi was top scorer for Santander last season, quite an achievement for a player who usually plays an advanced, creative midfield player. The four-year-deal is subject to a work permit, although the club do not anticipate any problems because Yossi is an established and current international.

Hammers managing director, Paul Aldridge, said: "We are delighted to have signed such a highly-rated player who was being chased by a number of other leading Premiership clubs. I am sure he will become a huge favourite with our fans."

Yossi didn't take long to agree terms with West Ham United, and afterwards revealed how much he is looking forward to his Upton Park debut.

He said: "I am absolutely thrilled to be joining such a big and famous club as West Ham United and can't wait to play in the Premiership.

"I know other clubs were interested in me, but I was very impressed when I met the people at West Ham. I also think my qualities will suit their style of play.

"I also spoke with my wife and family, and former West Ham star Eyal Berkovic, who told me not to hesitate in signing for them. Eyal and I are good friends and we have played together for the national team and he always spoke very highly of the club and its supporters.

"I know something of the history and tradition of the club and their supporters and saw their play-off final and how they celebrated afterwards. I'm looking forward to playing for West Ham United."

Hammers boss Alan Pardew added: "We're delighted to have secured the signature of Yossi and I'm sure he'll prove to be a great asset to our squad.

"He's a creative midfield player, who brings an educated discipline to the attack. But he's also a diligent player, who hardly misses a game and has improved year on year La Liga.

"He's a player with flair, who'll be able to open the door for us when teams sit deep. We needed a player like that and at 25-years-old he is a great signing for the club."

by James Pearson