PL Trial Verdict: £5.5m fine, no pts deducted, Tevez safe

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

london gull

Post by london gull »

Kent Bubble Blower wrote:One thing we've got to remember is that the hearing that's currently taking place ISN'T an FA disciplinary hearing. It's one called by the Premier League for violation of their rules, not FA ones.

If the FA want to pursue us for fielding Tevez in the FA Cup, it'll be a seperate issue altogether, possibly based on whatever the Premier League's findings are.
Yep - the FA one will be based on the Premiership one (they've already stated that) and I would suspect be completed very quicky.

I'm not on here gloating by the way - just intrigued by the whole situation.

I understand it was actually BURY who pointed out to the FA that Tevez had played in the cup against us :?
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

london gull wrote:Bury's solicitors are monitoring closely apparently.
Is that Vultures or solicitor's?? - a lot of Club's - small minded and parochial like this will not be forgotten when they have problems!!!!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I haven't seen the outcome yet, but I bet it won't be too different to this face-saving scenario:-

West Ham are found guilty and the FA will want to appear tough, but not to effectively relegate us. So they go by the precedent that they have always used in the past, namely that they will deduct all the points gained when the ineligible player (Mascherano) played. Which in our case is a big fat zero.

This way the FA can keep the deduction penalty alive and can also be seen to be applying it rigourously and in keeping with their rules.
drumstick

Post by drumstick »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:I haven't seen the outcome yet, but I bet it won't be too different to this face-saving scenario:-

West Ham are found guilty and the FA will want to appear tough, but not to effectively relegate us. So they go by the precedent that they have always used in the past, namely that they will deduct all the points gained when the ineligible player (Mascherano) played. Which in our case is a big fat zero.

This way the FA can keep the deduction penalty alive and can also be seen to be applying it rigourously and in keeping with their rules.
What about those points gained when Tevez has played..? I assume that this ruling will apply to both players..?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2073 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Base on nothing more than speculation, I suspect that the two players are on different deals, because even after we were charged we still played, and continue to play Tevez. If the Club thought that there was anything fishy with his deal then he wouldn't be picked every week.
jon253

Premiership or FA

Post by jon253 »

Quest wrote: Third party ownership and the potential to influence team performance undermines the league itself and is much more serious than the Cole situation I think. They will want to stamp on it and make us an example.

Having said that a points deduction now would undermine the league as well since it would have an impact on other clubs. I think, if we lose, one season out of the FA Cup, or points deducted for the next season in the Prem plus a fine.

Still has to be proved they influenced the teams performance though.

The non-disclosure of documents will just be a fine I am sure.
Isnt this hearing by the Premiership not the FA? therefore cant be banned from FA Cup
Chadwell Hammer

Post by Chadwell Hammer »

This enquiry is happenning in the building right next to where i am right now in fleet street...gonna pop down at lunch and try to find out whats going on, quite a few SSN around.

any idea when we expect to hear the verdict?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Base on nothing more than speculation, I suspect that the two players are on different deals, because even after we were charged we still played, and continue to play Tevez. If the Club thought that there was anything fishy with his deal then he wouldn't be picked every week.
The charge related to up to the start of January. Any times Tevez played afterwards does not count towards this charge.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

I've been thinking about all the scenarios, and a new one just hit me

If we get found guilty then Tevez will not be able to play for us again under his present contract???

Probably
london gull

Post by london gull »

jaybs wrote: Is that Vultures or solicitor's?? - a lot of Club's - small minded and parochial like this will not be forgotten when they have problems!!!!
Well I'm not sure their argument is with you to be honest.

They just want to see everyone treated the same. As for Brighton they've had enough troubles I think to start an argument, but the club are obviously keeping an eye on the situation because they are potentially involved.

Bury won their game, but were subsequently thrown out and the price money awarded to the losers (Chester) who were placed into the next round.

League position is irrelavent in the FA Cup, all teams have to be seen to be treated the same so obviously Bury are watching closely.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

I wonder whether they will take into account that we won the world cup (pulls pin from grenade and lobs towards opposition)
Kent Bubble Blower

Re: Premiership or FA

Post by Kent Bubble Blower »

jon253 wrote: Isnt this hearing by the Premiership not the FA? therefore cant be banned from FA Cup
Yeah, that's right. However, as I understand it, the FA are keeping a close eye on the findings and, if we're found to have violated the Premier Leagues rules and Tevez/Mascherano are deemed inelligable players under Premier League rules, then the FA can hit us with a "Fielding ineligable players" wrap for playing Tevez in the FA Cup.
london gull

Re: Premiership or FA

Post by london gull »

jon253 wrote: Isnt this hearing by the Premiership not the FA? therefore cant be banned from FA Cup
Yes - but the FA will start their OWN enquiry based on the findings of the Premiership one.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 339437.stm
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

stop worrying lads everything will be fine
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Times like this we could do with a mole at the back of the courtroom with a pda.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

SSN is reporting a decision is expected shortly
Lancaster Hammer
Location: The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an on-coming train

Post by Lancaster Hammer »

We were never going to get a points deduction as the legal implications would have been too severe. Politics will always win out in these situations.

Football might be a better place, though, if clubs like ours (but more particularly the Man Utds and Chelseas of this world) did actually get properly sanctioned when they broke the rules.

Never going to happen though, cause the big clubs have more money than the league of the FA to fight legal battles and if things get really bad will threaten to head off to a European super league.
Cake

Post by Cake »

My sources tell me that there will be no points deduction. A hefty fine is the outcome. Details will be out by Lunchtime.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

2 goals coles wrote:I've been thinking about all the scenarios, and a new one just hit me

If we get found guilty then Tevez will not be able to play for us again under his present contract???

Probably
Good point....but then again Tevez was pretty anonymous vs Sheffield and Everton so it'll be no great loss. Besides, I'm sure either Cole or Harewood will come in and do the business :wink:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Cake wrote:My sources tell me that there will be no points deduction. A hefty fine is the outcome. Details will be out by Lunchtime.
But I've already eaten my lunch :(