We will sign (Bowyer) 'Bowyer signs, official!'

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: Romford, Rio, Gnome, Northern Paulo, Lost Hammer, bonehead, chalks, goes2eleven, Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus, bristolhammerfc, Wheels, sicknote

Lee Bowyer for under a mill ...

Poll ended at Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:37 am

Sign him up Pards
144
51%
No thankyou
135
48%
 
Total votes : 279

Postby Major on Tue May 23, 2006 11:52 am

Robbie wrote:Oh f*cking dear!
I rate him about the same as you rate Ted, Major. (as an individual.......actually I ddon't really rate him as player anymore).


Yeah but he really did stand on the South Bank and he really does support West Ham. He is a bit of a twat i must admit but he is one of us. I think he will be the best signing so far. Box to box midfielder still only late 20's very good money for him.
User avatar
Major
%&!$
 
Posts: 9467
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:52 am

Postby Whufc06 on Tue May 23, 2006 11:53 am

MB wrote:
Philosophical Dan wrote:Wasn't saying he's a crap player, by the way. No doubting he's a talented & passionate footballer - just his morals leave much to be desired.


Yet Harewood playing away is just a bit of harmless fun, and i bet you'd have no problem with signing some of the top internationals linked with some dodgy behaviour in hotel rooms...

Morals are in very short supply in football.


Exactly what I was about to say MB. People seem to pick and choose their morals when it suits them. IMO cheating on a loved one is worse than shouting a bit of rasict abuse.
User avatar
Whufc06
 
Posts: 6313
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:46 pm
Location: Upminster

Postby jacko on Tue May 23, 2006 11:53 am

I think we should keep a list of "an insider told me we're definielty going to sign..." threads. So that we can look back and see how many of these rumours actually come off and who is the source of the bull. Although, I could see us signing Bowyer.
User avatar
jacko
 
Posts: 6513
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:52 am

Postby Philosophical Dan on Tue May 23, 2006 11:53 am

MB wrote:
Philosophical Dan wrote:Wasn't saying he's a crap player, by the way. No doubting he's a talented & passionate footballer - just his morals leave much to be desired.


Yet Harewood playing away is just a bit of harmless fun, and i bet you'd have no problem with signing some of the top internationals linked with some dodgy behaviour in hotel rooms...

Morals are in very short supply in football.


I'd never describe adultery as a bit of harmless fun. I suppose I'm a bit old fashioned like that.

I make you right about the lack of morality in football. Very sad, really, but I don't think its confined to football only. Seems to be a general lack of morals in modern society. But don't want to get into that debate here.
User avatar
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
 
Posts: 28662
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Postby Buxe on Tue May 23, 2006 11:55 am

isn't he Mark Noble's cousin? Sure Pardew would have spoken to him about whether he'd upset the squad.

Great player while at leeds, obviously injured while with us and vastly improved of late at Leeds. Good signing if it happens from a playing point of view. lets be honest, with the amount of black players we have, Pardew isn't likely to sign a rascist!
User avatar
Buxe
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:34 pm
Location: Richmond

Postby Arch Dandy on Tue May 23, 2006 11:57 am

We won't sign Bowyer. Major is on a wind up. FACT.

That's how you do it.
User avatar
Arch Dandy
 
Posts: 8592
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Bringing you the boos since 1980

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue May 23, 2006 11:59 am

I wonder if any of our black players are racist?
User avatar
Georgee Paris
 
Posts: 17313
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: When the Pilot Light Goes Out

Postby Arch Dandy on Tue May 23, 2006 12:01 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:I wonder if any of our black players are racist?


Newton called you a chinky.
User avatar
Arch Dandy
 
Posts: 8592
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:58 pm
Location: Bringing you the boos since 1980

Postby PavlovsDog on Tue May 23, 2006 12:01 pm

Whufc06 wrote:
MB wrote:
Philosophical Dan wrote:Wasn't saying he's a crap player, by the way. No doubting he's a talented & passionate footballer - just his morals leave much to be desired.


Yet Harewood playing away is just a bit of harmless fun, and i bet you'd have no problem with signing some of the top internationals linked with some dodgy behaviour in hotel rooms...

Morals are in very short supply in football.


Exactly what I was about to say MB. People seem to pick and choose their morals when it suits them. IMO cheating on a loved one is worse than shouting a bit of rasict abuse.


i see what you mean,i seem to remember Di Canio being a bit to the far right
User avatar
PavlovsDog
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:29 pm
Location: London

Postby SL on Tue May 23, 2006 12:02 pm

Hes looked good when ive seen him for Newcastle.

Last season commentators and pundits were regularly saying "This is like the Bowyer we saw at Leeds"

I honestly think Pardew can get the best out of him and keep him on track.

Decent squad strengthening signing imo.
User avatar
SL
 
Posts: 10094
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:29 am
Location: DML

Postby Robbie on Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Major wrote:
Robbie wrote:Oh f*cking dear!
I rate him about the same as you rate Ted, Major. (as an individual.......actually I ddon't really rate him as player anymore).


Yeah but he really did stand on the South Bank and he really does support West Ham. He is a bit of a twat i must admit but he is one of us. I think he will be the best signing so far. Box to box midfielder still only late 20's very good money for him.

Agreed, the age and price is favourable, and if he came here and worked his b*llocks off while keeping his profile very low I will gladly eat a shitload of the humble pie.
Two more points.....
If you get this one right, I will be mighty impressed with your ........connections (source) 8-) .

And while on the subject of morals, it is true that I have heard that Anton picks his arse and sniffs it! :shock:
User avatar
Robbie
 
Posts: 4835
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:16 pm
Location: What's that star on the wall for?

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Arch Dandy wrote:
Georgee Paris wrote:I wonder if any of our black players are racist?


Newton called you a chinky.


No neck mother fcuker...
User avatar
Georgee Paris
 
Posts: 17313
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: When the Pilot Light Goes Out

Postby Philosophical Dan on Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:I wonder if any of our black players are racist?


Not unfeasible, but until they end up in court over an unprovoked racist attack, I'll reserve judgement.

However, having just read on the web that Bowyer was convicted only of throwing chairs round a McD's - I'll retract my previous comments about him being racist.
User avatar
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
 
Posts: 28662
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Postby Marky on Tue May 23, 2006 12:03 pm

Would be a great signing at the price. A steal in fact
User avatar
Marky
 
Posts: 9502
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:27 pm
Location: www.wearesafe.com

Postby Georgee Paris on Tue May 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Philosophical Dan wrote:
Georgee Paris wrote:I wonder if any of our black players are racist?


Not unfeasible, but until they end up in court over an unprovoked racist attack, I'll reserve judgement.

However, having just read on the web that Bowyer was convicted only of throwing chairs round a McD's - I'll retract my previous comments about him being racist.


Jonny "no-stars" gave it the biggun!
User avatar
Georgee Paris
 
Posts: 17313
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:07 pm
Location: When the Pilot Light Goes Out

Postby Claret & Bordeaux on Tue May 23, 2006 12:05 pm

I'd take him, great season last year, plenty of bottle and indeed a genuine supporter as a lad. Really proud of the fact we have a (growing) number of home-bred lads...
User avatar
Claret & Bordeaux
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:36 am
Location: Near the beach - New Zealand

Postby Philosophical Dan on Tue May 23, 2006 12:07 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:
Philosophical Dan wrote:
Georgee Paris wrote:I wonder if any of our black players are racist?


Not unfeasible, but until they end up in court over an unprovoked racist attack, I'll reserve judgement.

However, having just read on the web that Bowyer was convicted only of throwing chairs round a McD's - I'll retract my previous comments about him being racist.


Jonny "no-stars" gave it the biggun!


To be honest, last time I went in McD's, I wanted to lob a few chairs round. HATE it when I get a sloppily assembled Big Mac.
User avatar
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
 
Posts: 28662
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Postby PavlovsDog on Tue May 23, 2006 12:09 pm

ive been guilty of throwing fries at people...not quite as bad as Bowyer,but...im still young
User avatar
PavlovsDog
 
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:29 pm
Location: London

Postby Ben on Tue May 23, 2006 12:12 pm

I would snap him up at that price!
User avatar
Ben
 
Posts: 11528
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:00 pm
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby sendô on Tue May 23, 2006 12:25 pm

Could be a good signing at less than a mill, would add experience to our midfield. Mullins would likely lose his first team place to him. Would still be a gamble, hopefully he wouldn't disrupt the team spirit.
User avatar
sendô
 
Posts: 16281
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:41 pm
Location: in the pessimistically optimistic camp.

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alf git, Claret & Blue World, Google [Bot], simian major, The_Dead_Ball and 20 guests