Aston Villa 1 West Ham United 0 (03/02/07)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Postby k-r-c on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:31 pm

Highlight of the day was drinking my pint in the cap and gown. And even that was ****.
User avatar
k-r-c
 
Posts: 8300
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:56 am
Location: ST A

Postby dodger on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:46 pm

Just back.
I thought we were really poor today. I was actually pretty complimentary of the team vs Liverpool in mid-week but this wasn't good enough. Too many rubbish performances. The only players exempt IMO were Reo-Coker, Etherington when he came on, Davenport and maybe Zamora.
This is a massive blow and we need at least 4 points from the next two matches to stand a chance of survival.

Ratings:
Carroll-6 Two very good saves. However, think he should have saved the goal. Still not good enough in my book.
Spector-4 Awful again. Really has been clueless recently. I mean he wasn't very good to start with, but now he's not great with no confidence.
Upson-6 Looked excellent until injured. His injury ontop of the other endless bad luck we've had this season suggests the Gods have already chosen our fate...
Davenport-7 Thought he was pretty good. Was a more dangerous striker than the rest of 'em even though he only played up front for the last 5 minutes.
McCartney-5 Ok, but again, not great. Caught out of position far too often.
Benayoun-4 The worst game I've ever seen Yossi produce for us. His passing was off, he was constantly being tackled and his crossing was poor. Worst of all though, was his positioning. I know you don't like playing right wing Yossi, but you coming inside all the time meant we had NO width.
Reo-Coker-7 Good work rate again and rightly got his song sung by the fans for the first time in a while.
Quashie-5 Pretty crap really. He tries hard but like Dailly, that isn't reason enough to play him. Never thought I'd be the one to say this but...bring back Mullins.
Boa Morte-3 No effort, gave us nothing today. He has quality but at the moment he can't be arsed. Bench him and bring back Matty.
Zamora-6 Good movement and effort from Bobby. However, his touch is often poor and was occasionally caught on the ball.
Blanco-6 Didn't do badly and didn' t think he merited being brought off, especially since I felt 3 up front would have given us more threat...that said, didn't do that much.

SUBS
Dailly-4 He is just a rubbish footballer, simple as that. Those that say 'at least he tries hard..' well my gran is a West Ham fan and would try hard but would you play her? He is ****, and I'd rather some youth team player playing than him.
Harewood-6 Came on and did well. Should have taken on the defender marking him more though, reckon he would have skinned him.
Etherington-7 Came on and played very well. Gave us threat when we had none before his entrance. Put him back in the starting line-up Curbs.

Overall it was a very dissapointing and depressing day...especially with Wigan winning. The next two games will decide if we have a chance of survival or not...
User avatar
dodger
 
Posts: 9210
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3

Postby Cardiff here we come..... on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:50 pm

Sitting in Doug ellis stand with the Villa fans(due to not been able to get a ticket for west ham end) i sat there thinking..'How the f**king hell have we ended up in the sorry embarrassing mess?'

1st 70 minutes was a total disgrace & should have been 3 or 4 goals down...We were shocking...I mean really f**king bad.Passing was awful,No chances,Lightweight up front & poor at the back..We are truly f**king doomed. :cry:

My main point of this thread is the stubborn,'i'll do it my way' attitude of Curblishley.We were playing f**king bad but instead of having the balls on him to change it at half-time leaves it for last 20 minutes.Boa-morte had a shocker,Quashie is s**t(championship player at best),Zamora running around like a headless chicken with no end product,Carroll at the back breeds no confidence in anyone,Blanco too lightweight..

Curbs is so spineless that he falls out with players & freezes them out of the picture totally.The c**t hold serious grudges which is f**king not on as we need to be pulling in one direction rather then treating the players like c**ts.

Villa game was another stubborn display by Curblishley.When Harewood & Etherington finally got on we looked a different side.Took the game by the horns & really gave Villa a game of it.Balance of the team look so better with etherington & Marlon in the side.

So i say Curbs listen you've made your point but dont f**k up our Premiership status cos you need to make a point of who's boss etc...We are asking you to pick the BEST starting eleven not the 'i agree with Curbs' eleven.

Getting sick of the c**t to be truefully honest...He's wasted 20m in the transfer market on a load of s**t.I dont trust the c**t with money at all & proves it with the ***** we have signed.

I want Curbs out cos of a few things:

1/Negative,boring tactics that are just so not West ham.From being the most entertaining,attacking footballing side last season in the PREM to becoming a total laughing stock that cant string 4 passes together.

2/f**ked up with a 20m kitty & wasted it on very very average players.

3/Holds grudges & picks his own favorites

4/Never ever blames himself.After todays game he has to hold his hands up and say i got that totally wrong today but he'll talk about injuries,bad luck,players are nervous etc....load of old b****xs

:ot:

Well done to all the West Ham that went up to Villa today outsung the brummies bigtime.'Your support is f**king sh*t.....' :)

Pity we aint got a manager that shows the same passion as we do......
User avatar
Cardiff here we come.....
 
Posts: 2600
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 6:12 pm

Postby D&G on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:51 pm

Our fate has been decided. We are third from bottom and the team above has 5pts on us PLUS a ****ing game in hand.
We need to rely on teams around us dropping points not us winning.
User avatar
D&G
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 2:14 pm
Location: Oudezijds Voorburgwal

Postby Devo's Tash on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 pm

D&G wrote:Our fate has been decided. We are third from bottom and the team above has 5pts on us PLUS a f*cking game in hand.
We need to rely on teams around us dropping points not us winning.


Think we need both
User avatar
Devo's Tash
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: East London/West Essex

Postby brownout on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 pm

D&G wrote:Our fate has been decided. We are third from bottom and the team above has 5pts on us PLUS a f*cking game in hand.
We need to rely on teams around us dropping points not us winning.


What is worse is that we don't look like winning.
Last time we went down there was quality in the side but poor leadership. This time there is mediocrity & poor leadership.

If we don't beat Watford we're down, but if we can win that & with Charlton & Wigan playing Man U & Arsenal next week (I think), things could look a lot better if we win at the Valley (but I can't see us doing it).
User avatar
brownout
 
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Postby Corney Beal on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:57 pm

Would agree with most of that and your ratings. I'd certainly give McCartney more credit though, thought he tracked Young and the other pacy lad Aglabonglahor or whatever his name is, very well. Some decent saving tackles and fair enough distribution.
Marlon also desrves a mark or two more, for being a handful, creating some chances and urging us the fans on too.



dodger wrote:Just back.
I thought we were really poor today. I was actually pretty complimentary of the team vs Liverpool in mid-week but this wasn't good enough. Too many rubbish performances. The only players exempt IMO were Reo-Coker, Etherington when he came on, Davenport and maybe Zamora.
This is a massive blow and we need at least 4 points from the next two matches to stand a chance of survival.

Ratings:
Carroll-6 Two very good saves. However, think he should have saved the goal. Still not good enough in my book.
Spector-4 Awful again. Really has been clueless recently. I mean he wasn't very good to start with, but now he's not great with no confidence.
Upson-6 Looked excellent until injured. His injury ontop of the other endless bad luck we've had this season suggests the Gods have already chosen our fate...
Davenport-7 Thought he was pretty good. Was a more dangerous striker than the rest of 'em even though he only played up front for the last 5 minutes.
McCartney-5 Ok, but again, not great. Caught out of position far too often.
Benayoun-4 The worst game I've ever seen Yossi produce for us. His passing was off, he was constantly being tackled and his crossing was poor. Worst of all though, was his positioning. I know you don't like playing right wing Yossi, but you coming inside all the time meant we had NO width.
Reo-Coker-7 Good work rate again and rightly got his song sung by the fans for the first time in a while.
Quashie-5 Pretty crap really. He tries hard but like Dailly, that isn't reason enough to play him. Never thought I'd be the one to say this but...bring back Mullins.
Boa Morte-3 No effort, gave us nothing today. He has quality but at the moment he can't be arsed. Bench him and bring back Matty.
Zamora-6 Good movement and effort from Bobby. However, his touch is often poor and was occasionally caught on the ball.
Blanco-6 Didn't do badly and didn' t think he merited being brought off, especially since I felt 3 up front would have given us more threat...that said, didn't do that much.

SUBS
Dailly-4 He is just a rubbish footballer, simple as that. Those that say 'at least he tries hard..' well my gran is a West Ham fan and would try hard but would you play her? He is sh*t, and I'd rather some youth team player playing than him.
Harewood-6 Came on and did well. Should have taken on the defender marking him more though, reckon he would have skinned him.
Etherington-7 Came on and played very well. Gave us threat when we had none before his entrance. Put him back in the starting line-up Curbs.

Overall it was a very dissapointing and depressing day...especially with Wigan winning. The next two games will decide if we have a chance of survival or not...
User avatar
Corney Beal
 
Posts: 699
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:36 pm
Location: Way over yonder in the minor key

Postby steveyrockstar on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:59 pm

The teletext player ratings are a joke - all our lot got 8s and 7s (except NRC who got 5). I think after the Man u game we all got 6s!
User avatar
steveyrockstar
 
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:44 pm
Location: Leigh-On-Sea

Postby brownout on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 pm

steveyrockstar wrote:The teletext player ratings are a joke - all our lot got 8s and 7s (except NRC who got 5). I think after the Man u game we all got 6s!


I just read them too.
Was the person doing ratings at the game?
I thought Reo-Coker had his best game for some time.
User avatar
brownout
 
Posts: 6526
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:26 pm

Postby whufcspoon on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:17 pm

My highlight of the day was ripping the absolute sh*t out of that fat villa fan that thought he was hard by showing us his fat slob of a belly!

WHAT YA DOING WITH THE KIDS, WHAT YA DOING WITH THE KIDS?
FIDLER OF BERMINGHAM, FIDLER OF BERMINGHAM!
FAT KIDDY FIDLER UR TUST A FAT KIDDY FIDLER!
User avatar
whufcspoon
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Essex

Postby smuts on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 pm

Worrying that we spent £5m on a player who can't be arsed to do anything for the club within a few weeks.

LBM probably wants to be benched so he can sit doing nothing for his 20k + a week. :twisted:

We do pick 'em don't we?
User avatar
smuts
 
Posts: 11708
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:28 am
Location: East, East, East London

Postby Northern Paulo on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:22 am

Sat with the Villa fans, I left at half time as it was giving me the right hump. Sad to say that I can't even recall what I saw. I saw basically... nothing. Nothing to give me any hope, nothing which justified the players getting paid this week, nothing that justified the price of a ticket. Never thought I'd say this but ...... **** 'em all. I've had enough.
User avatar
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire
 
Posts: 19352
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:15 pm
Location: West Ham Way

Postby bluebutterfly on Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:30 am

Northern Paulo wrote:Sat with the Villa fans, I left at half time as it was giving me the right hump. Sad to say that I can't even recall what I saw. I saw basically... nothing. Nothing to give me any hope, nothing which justified the players getting paid this week, nothing that justified the price of a ticket. Never thought I'd say this but ...... **** 'em all. I've had enough.


I reckon they should get a reduced salary or even better none at all when they play that bad.

From what I saw on MOTD they hardly got the ball, and when they did they gave it away far too easily and gave Villa far too much space :roll:
User avatar
bluebutterfly
Agony aunt
 
Posts: 21844
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:11 pm

Postby Etherington12 on Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:32 am

We were **** yeah, but Carrols was stupid for the goal, he kept us in it with a few fine saves but WHY is he coming off his line UP to the penalty spot when he has 2 defenders in front of him? He wouldve caught it if he stayed on his line. Villa wernt special, they didnt have to be against our showerofshite.
User avatar
Etherington12
 
Posts: 807
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 6:51 pm
Location: Premiership, now BML!

Postby Bobby Orangeboom on Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:26 am

Awful, i thought we were ****ing awful & looked like a team about to get relegated !!

We're a team of mercenaries..

We were so void of creativity it was embaressing !!
User avatar
Bobby Orangeboom
 
Posts: 34465
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:10 pm
Location: London, unfortunately.

Postby Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus on Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:58 am

Highlight of day...................home by 7.30 :wink:

We have for much of the season looked like a pub team that only met the morningof the game...no player wants the ball, no player is working and moving looking for the ball, we're reduced to long punts up to '5 yard first touch' Zamora.

Not one single player Yossi aside seem to be able to control the ball it merely bounces off them and hopefully they get another go.

LBM is terrible have yet to see him run with ball at feet and comes inside more than Ehterington; Quashie is absolutely shocking, Villa were walking through at midfield at will.

Yet to see what Curbishley has changed or improved as we seem just as disjointed and clueless as before.

Yes we're unlucky with injuries and this season nothing is running for us but we are down and little Ms Pessimist here believes that will will not win another game til we are down if we continue with this style of football
User avatar
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
 
Posts: 7265
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:08 pm
Location: With the Whang's, the Wing's & the Wu's!

Postby whufcspoon on Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:47 pm

Its descusting the amount they get payed for a **** performance like that....thy should all be stripped of there money, the only player i would pay is reo coker! all the others couldn't give a **** apart from there pay check at the end of the week!
User avatar
whufcspoon
 
Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:03 pm
Location: Essex

Postby Romford Iron on Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:32 am

Tel The Hammer wrote:
SL wrote:
Tel The Hammer wrote:
SL wrote:As for todays game, the only 2 players to come out with any credit and NRC imo.


NRC?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


One of the only ones willing to give it a go imo.


Yossi done 100x more work than him, - check my post above for my feelings mate.


Weird how people see games. I agree with SL and personally thought Yossi was abysmal. I'd play him in the centre or on the left, as that's where he goes and gives the right no width at all. Half the time that's reason why he has to keep checking back on himself as he looks up to the wing where he should bloody be.
User avatar
Romford Iron
 
Posts: 1789
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:44 pm
Location: The East of London

Previous

Return to KUMB Match Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests