LC2: Bristol Rovers 1 West Ham Utd 2 (28/08/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerByTheSea

Post by HammerByTheSea »

Feel really sorry for Dyer, he was in proper pain and will be for a while. I broke some kiddy's leg in two places and his ankle in a Sunday league tackle last year, so I really do hope Kieron (and the Rovers lad who made the tackle) get back as soon as. Zamora (and I'm normally a patron of the Zamora appreciation society) had a shocker tonight and he clearly needs to up his game to stay up there in place of two goals Bellamy and SuperDean. Bring on Reading Away!!!!!!!!!!!
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

I missed the tackle in the pub earlier...

Just see it again on SSN and it was definitely meant. As Dyer was moving away the dirty **** kicked out at Dyer's standing leg and you could see it break.

The FA should be brought in to have a butchers at it. They'll hopefully do the right thing and punish the dirty ****.

At first I didn't understand what Curbishley was on about in the interview, but now I've seen it again I agree - ****ing terrible.
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

Dannyboylister wrote:For those of you who think we are jinxed he broke his leg in the 13th minute. I give up.
Or the 10th minute if we want to use the actual time?
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

[quote="Omi"]Neill has been pretty rubbish since the end of last season.

Bloody hell fella. Give him a chance. He's only just come back!!
HammerByTheSea

Post by HammerByTheSea »

I'm sorry but I disagree, the Rovers player nver meant to hurt Dyer let alone break his leg!
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

HammerByTheSea wrote:I'm sorry but I disagree, the Rovers player nver meant to hurt Dyer let alone break his leg!
Of course he didn't mean to break Dyer's leg mate...

But he meant to get stuck in on him. But steaming into someone like that can always result to something bad - as has happened with Dyer.

As I said above - I hope the FA / League / Whoever look into it.
HammerByTheSea

Post by HammerByTheSea »

I know what you mean Tel, I'd have got stuck in myself, but I doubt the Football League (Presuming they're the fat cats) will get involved. The bloke who made the tackle dont need punishing anymore surely, he'll feel gutted he broke his leg twice, trust me!
Omi
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Omi »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote:Bloody hell fella. Give him a chance. He's only just come back!!
Oh, I have no problems with giving him time as Neill playing at 50% of his potential is still better than Spector ;)
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

anyone got a link for the goals?
HammerByTheSea

Post by HammerByTheSea »

Spector's alright IMO, not bad as back up at all! O.K Neill didn't set the world alight tonight but he got his job done, what more can you ask?
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

Tel The Hammer wrote:Wright 7 - Steady enough

Neill 6 - Was a bit wanky tonight and also looked a bit rusty saturday. Needs games

Ferdinand 5 - Was at fault for the goal and needs a move to another club, but considering he's gonna be doing bird soon, he's going nowhere.

Gabbidon 7 - Pretty steady stuff from Gabbs, kinda reminded me of our first season back up

Linda 7 - Got down the left well

Bowyer 7 - Worked really hard and seemed to be boosted by his goal on saturday

Mullins 7 - Decent enough

Dyer - Very unlucky

Boa Morte 2 - Utterly useless tonight and should've been replaced with Etherington

Bellamy 10 - Ran the show

Zamora 5 - The sooner Deano's back the better
I'm sorry but this is just you stating your preconceptions. Maybe Anton could have done better for the goal (I think he could have but it was an exceptional bit of skill) but how you can say he was worse than Neil tonight (I do rate Neil) is frankly incredible. Yes lets transfer one of our young talents, it's not like we've done it before (Oh yes I remember now Rio, Lampard, Cole, Carrick, Defoe, lots of people were pleased when we got rid of those wasters).

The purpose of any ratings are to give your opinion of how they played on the day, when you can do this I suggest you try again.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

bobcar wrote: I'm sorry but this is just you stating your preconceptions. Maybe Anton could have done better for the goal (I think he could have but it was an exceptional bit of skill) but how you can say he was worse than Neil tonight (I do rate Neil) is frankly incredible. Yes lets transfer one of our young talents, it's not like we've done it before (Oh yes I remember now Rio, Lampard, Cole, Carrick, Defoe, lots of people were pleased when we got rid of those wasters).

The purpose of any ratings are to give your opinion of how they played on the day, when you can do this I suggest you try again.
Sorry Sir!!. :wink:

Only reason I ranked Anton less than Neill (who I stated was 'wanky') was that one of his poor bits of play lead to their goal - where as Neill's did not.

As for me saying about letting Anton move clubs - I stand by that belief. He just doesn't seem motivated or up for it enough to play for us any more, maybe it's Pardew being gone and Curbishley being the manager (who knows!?). But Anton needs a fresh challenge to reignite his career, as he's gone stale at West Ham imho.
Harewood-3.16

Post by Harewood-3.16 »

Neill is a tired boy I think

Why didnt Ashton start. Any reasons given as to why he didnt?
Thevere

Post by Thevere »

Ashton dropped out due to his misses having a baby.
swingman

Post by swingman »

anyone know if the goals are online?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

It was only Bristol Rovers I know but the whinger impressed the hell out of me tonight.....

Up the whinger :D
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

officeboy wrote: Or the 10th minute if we want to use the actual time?
I took it off the sky sports website. Should have known better.
Chrissieboy
Rates Garth Crooks
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Chrissieboy »

tugboatpete wrote:watch out for their left winger!!!!!!!!!
He breaks people's legs?
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

Scrambled Egg wrote: McCartney - 8 - Shorey who?

Cracking game why was he taken off?

Bowyer - 5 - Just didn't do enough.

Are you sure I thought Bowyer was all over the pitch, had a good game

Boa Morte - 6 - Not enough against lower league players.

Thought he was rubbish

Zamora - 4 - Awful.

Thought he was worse

Bellamy - 9 - Too easy for him. MOTM

Agreed, he was class...pace is amazing, I didn't realise he was so quick
This game was crying out for Matty to come on, Stella had the freedom of the park on the left putting Matty on would have doubled that threat.

Bellamy was just class all game.

I know it was lower league oppo but I have to agree with Dodge, the first half was like a training game, we were knocking it about for fun.

Then they figured that the long ball would do us (and it did) and it was brown trousers time.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

McCartney was clearly hobbling off when he was replaced..........didn't look too serious but that was the reason for him coming off.