Newcastle Utd 3 West Ham Utd 1 (28/09/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

homebrew wrote:We may not even have to wory about Owen. Taken off against Derby with a groin strain last night. Big Sam may be forced to rest him, or put him on the bench - which would be nice :D
It looks that way, would be very good news for us ....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and they've only scored TWO goals so far this season.

1 at home and 1 away.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

'ouston 'ammer wrote:and they've only scored TWO goals so far this season.

1 at home and 1 away.

D'OH! didnt ya just know that someone was about to put the curse on it :lol:

Can we just hold off of statistics

Remember we are West Ham :lol:
Last edited by woodford on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
woodford
Has liked: 412 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

Owen will be fit according to Walrus head Allardyce on Sky Sports.

Taken off as a precaution apparently,

* It looked like Newcastle might score so to avoid that, Fat Sam withdrew him.
NE hammer

Post by NE hammer »

They were absolutely clueless last night, if they play half as bad on Sun I predict an easy win.
Bobby Orangeboom

Reece_TMA wrote:am i the only one in the ground who thought coles performance was the worst striking play since titi camara ? Ill say it again if it was 0-0 when he missed that ridiculous sitter you wouldnt be able to move for carlton cole is a donkey threads ! I cant believe you wouldnt rather have camara up front if bellars is still out
Exactly...

But he did set up 2 goals before that chance came.... :wink:
mattcox10

Post by mattcox10 »

I actually think we're going to win on Sunday. 3-1.

I know its terribly optimistic, but I think we're playing the kind of counter attacking football that can win at St James.

We will create chances. If we can take them, we will comfortably.

If we don't win, there is certainly no harm in being beaten at St James.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Reading this thread... it seems our recent run is again resulting in unreasonable expectations!

We are playing a difficult team away from home, who will be looking for a result after last night performance... if owen is out, they have martins to step in to play, which shows their strength in depth in their attack

I expect us to lose... if we draw, happy days... if we win, i will be over the moon!
East london sid
Horses for courses

Post by East london sid »

Still got a ticket up for grabs
BondsOfOslo

Post by BondsOfOslo »

East london sid wrote:Still got a ticket up for grabs
I'm coming over from Oslo to see the game and a friend of mine from London has asked me for a spare. He will be bringing his son!

Please!
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

despite 'sensible' curbs and 'sensible' fat sam in charge these are still two bonkers teams so anything can happen. Cole gets a hattrick? Without Owen and us palying on the break we can win - if they are in the mood and we defend with the lack of guile we showed on saturday then we will get murdered.
Collibosher

Post by Collibosher »

'ouston 'ammer wrote:and they've only scored TWO goals so far this season.

1 at home and 1 away.

:? Where on earth did you get that stat from? They beat Bolton 3-1 and they've scored a few since then too
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

I was hoping for an emphatic Newcastle win so that we could be more focussed for Sat and them boys would be over confident! As it stands THEY wil now be more focussed and we may suffer a bit of a backlash.

The above combined with another certain fact that ALL good runs come to an end means that Curbs better screw these hammers heads on right before the match and keep them hungry (sorry) for the full 90 mins - not just from the 46th minute v Middlesbrough!

Then again - were **** hot at the moment!
happy_hammer

Post by happy_hammer »

cockney farmer wrote: No Noble are you nuts.
What did he do on saturday then? I know he's good but in my opinion it was a poor performance by him.
Bobby Orangeboom

happy_hammer wrote: What did he do on saturday then? I know he's good but in my opinion it was a poor performance by him.
Disagree, i though both he & mullins played well in the Middle..

Irrelevent anyway cos as if Parker's gonna be fit... :wink:
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 404 likes

Post by dodger »

happy_hammer wrote: What did he do on saturday then? I know he's good but in my opinion it was a poor performance by him.
Mullins and Bowyer have been playing well for the last few matches. Noble has been playing well since March. And you'd play those two AND a completely untried Parker ahead of him? b*llocks.
Rocket
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Rocket »

330 tickets go on sale in 17 minutes... but I a) don't know anyone who wants to go (major disadvantage of not living in the area, you don't know any other Irons!) and b) it is impossible to get there! Good to see that Sky have the supporters' best wishes at heart. c****.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

From Sky Sports Interview

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce insists Michael Owen is not injured and will be fit to face West Ham on Sunday. The England striker was substituted after 55 minutes in Monday's 1-0 Premier League defeat at Derby.

Allardyce says Owen had complained of a groin injury during the interval so he was taken off purely as a precaution. The Magpies boss said: "He felt his groin at half-time. I gave him the opportunity to go back on because he wanted to but I didn't want to risk him for longer than five or 10 minutes and we took him off as a precaution."

SHAME - LETS HOPE HE HAS A TWINGE ON SUNDAY AND HE TO SIT THE GAME OUT - IF HE IS OUT ITS A CERTAIN 3 POINTS

But Allardyce added that Owen would return for Sunday's clash with The Hammers at St James' Park: "Yes. We need him to to be fit because we have too many injured as it is."

Allardyce admitted he was frustrated by his side's performance at Pride Park after Derby's Kenny Miller struck the only goal of the game on his debut. He also was far from happy with the fixture schedule which sees the injury-hit Magpies face West Ham, Arsenal and Manchester City in quick succession.

"We need to get our whole squad together," he added. "But we have a six-day, three-game week coming up. We've been dealt a blow by the Premier League because of the Carling Cup match.

"We've been told we have to play on Tuesday night after playing West Ham on Sunday so it's my turn to moan now rather than the big boys.

"We have a very difficult week ahead of us and I just hope we have enough men to cope."

BIG GIRLS BLOUSE - MIGHT HAVE GOT AWAY WITH THAT WHINING AT BOLTON - CANT SEE NEWCASTLE STOMACHING IT FOR LONG - DISLIKE THIS BLOKE MORE THAN McLAREN

3-0 to the Irons
Rainham Hammer

Post by Rainham Hammer »

I really think it'll be a 1-1 draw. And i would be pleased with a draw because it's a tough place to go to. Anyone know the last time when west ham won at newcastle?
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Anyone know the last time when west ham won at newcastle?
I remember a nice three nil. Didn't get there for it mind.

Wright might have scored at least once in that match, so it was some time ago.