West Ham Utd 0 Arsenal 1 (29/09/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

fkiely wrote: I think it's cool
That's up to you !!
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: That's up to you !!
I was being sarcastic sorry mate... :wink:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

thank you very much for the six points arsenal
thank you very much
thank you very very very much

thank you very much

thank you very much

thank you very much

but we will lose tomorow
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Haven't heard that for bloody ages :lol:
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

So who do you knowledgeable people reckon will be Arsenal`s greatest threat?

Here are my three:

Fabregas seems to be more of a danger on goal this season than previously - he has scored some crackers already. His range of passing is superb too, he is very similar to Scholes in my opinion. Needs to be man marked closely, to stop Arsenal`s play. I reckon Noble will be well up for that job.

Adebayor has been a bit hit and miss in earlier seasons, but in this campaign he has been very effective, and scoring from lots of different ranges. Is good in the air and very strong. Could Collins be the man to stop him?

Lastly, the player I reckon may cause us the most trouble. Gilberto Silva. He is very much the Mullins type of player, but his physical presence is huge. He is taller and possibly stronger than Ashton, and will likely look to take him out of the game. Getting around Gilberto Silva may prove to be our biggest challenge if we want to have a good game tomorrow.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

07/04/2007 Arsenal 0 - 1 West Ham
05/11/2006 West Ham 1 - 0 Arsenal
01/02/2006 Arsenal 2 - 3 West Ham
24/09/2005 West Ham 0 - 0 Arsenal

Brings a smile to my face everytime...
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

fkiely wrote:07/04/2007 Arsenal 0 - 1 West Ham
05/11/2006 West Ham 1 - 0 Arsenal
01/02/2006 Arsenal 2 - 3 West Ham
24/09/2005 West Ham 0 - 0 Arsenal

Brings a smile to my face everytime...
Didn't we get a draw the second time we played them when we went down too? Straining my memory a bit, but the last time they beat us must have been 2002.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Didn't we get a draw the second time we played them when we went down too? Straining my memory a bit, but the last time they beat us must have been 2002.
Beat us in Highbury the year we wnet down I think.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

fkiely wrote: Beat us in Highbury the year we wnet down I think.
Mm, but didn't we get a draw at home? 0-0, I think. In January sort of time. And the loss was right at the start of the season as I remember it. So that would mean five consecutive games unbeaten against them, with two wins.

Edit: just checked and you're right. Don't know what I'm thinking of...
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Mm, but didn't we get a draw at home? 0-0, I think. In January sort of time. And the loss was right at the start of the season as I remember it. So that would mean five consecutive games unbeaten against them, with two wins.
I thought it was the other way around, we drew with them a t home before Christmas, then lost after. I'm not too sure though...
Scaloni Is The Messiah

fkiely wrote: I thought it was the other way around, we drew with them a t home before Christmas, then lost after. I'm not too sure though...
You're absolutely right. 2-2 draw and then 3-1 loss.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

It was 2-2, famously, at home to them the year we went down, in a match where we dominated the first half or so, went 2-1 up, could have been 3-1 if kanoute hadn't missed the penalty (and I reckon we would have had a totally different season if that had been the case) and then it was 2-2.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: You're absolutely right. 2-2 draw and then 3-1 loss.
Not to brag or anything... :wink: Ah only messing...
Ham On Rye

Post by Ham On Rye »

rendog2 wrote:It was 2-2, famously, at home to them the year we went down, in a match where we dominated the first half or so, went 2-1 up, could have been 3-1 if kanoute hadn't missed the penalty (and I reckon we would have had a totally different season if that had been the case) and then it was 2-2.
Wasn't it our fist home game of the season? We nearly won it, then didn't win at home in the league until January time when Jermayyyne scored against Blackburn in the last minute?

I work with a gooner, and when I joined the place I work at now it was just after that Arse game. My welcome from him was a youtube clip of them celebrating the equaliser, and him in the away end at UP behind the goal going absolutely mental.... git.
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

Id go for

Green
Neill
McCartney
Gabbidon
Upson
Etherington
Noble
Bowyer
Parker
Ashton
Bellamy

Id have Parker and Bowyer in the middle because thats where the game will be won or lost in my view i think if we keep fabregas out the game (god i hate that **** ) he makes Arsenal flowing id have Bowyer doing that over Mullins no disrespect to the guy hes done fantastic so far this year but Bowyer has better tackling and maturity than Hayden has and Bowyer is more than capable to nick one for us at the moment Scotty can play as def midfielder i just hope than Bellamy's marker is Senderos he will absolutly murder him with his pace. C'MON YOU IRONSSS!
Ham On Rye

Post by Ham On Rye »

The Commissar wrote:Does anybody remember the game against Arsenal from 1999? Di Canio got a couple and Vieira and Ruddock got embroiled in some kind of 'race-storm' spitting incident. That was a cracking game I'd forgotten all about until I found this...

http://jlmd.blogspot.com/
Just talking about that with me gooner colleague - Ruddock complaining that Viera's Spit smelled of Garlic...
movieweb

Post by movieweb »

This will be Arsenal's first post-Henry game against us, so I think our recent success against them may mean little. Actually, I think it will mean more to them than it does to us -- I think they'll be out to prove themselves. I'd say a draw would be a good result for us but a loss wouldn't surprise me.

I'd like to see some more creativity from midfield and some more dependability from the defense. And of course I want to see Deano and Bellamy continue their good form.
rippyuk

Post by rippyuk »

We will win. 2-1.
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

The Commissar wrote:Does anybody remember the game against Arsenal from 1999? Di Canio got a couple and Vieira and Ruddock got embroiled in some kind of 'race-storm' spitting incident. That was a cracking game I'd forgotten all about until I found this...

http://jlmd.blogspot.com/
Yes, very good game that was. One of the Di Canio goals was one of my favourite of his too, turning Keown inside out.