Derby County 0 West Ham Utd 5 (10/11/07)

An archive of match day threads originally posted in the General Discussion forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Postby marcus6 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:13 pm

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:
marcus6 wrote:Ljungberg and Collins are both in the squad.

Do you have the squad handy? Quashie in there?

No, sorry. My Dad just saw Ljungberg and asked if he was fit for the weekend. He said yes, and Collins will be in the squad too.
marcus6

Postby Scaloni Is The Messiah on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:15 pm

marcus6 wrote:No, sorry. My Dad just saw Ljungberg and asked if he was fit for the weekend. He said yes, and Collins will be in the squad too.

Just edited it into my post on the last page. Ashton's in as well.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Postby Ben on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:46 pm

chelmsford-iron wrote:Anyone know what the parking is like near Pride Park?

when you get near there are quite a few of them £5 car parks & its fairly near industrial estates so should be fine, there's a KFC near too which we parked in last time.

i see clattenburg is the ref, i call him callamatyburg
Ben

Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Postby smuts on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:12 pm

Ashton's in the squad? :? I thought he was out until at least the end of November? I hope he hasn't been rushed back.......
smuts

Postby Scaloni Is The Messiah on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:11 pm

smuts wrote:Ashton's in the squad? :? I thought he was out until at least the end of November? I hope he hasn't been rushed back.......

Has been five weeks this weekend, so he's probably fit for ten/twenty minutes. Imagine he'll have a fitness test in the morning and if he passes, he'll get a place on the bench. Or something like that.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Postby Ham On Rye on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:23 pm

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:
smuts wrote:Ashton's in the squad? :? I thought he was out until at least the end of November? I hope he hasn't been rushed back.......

Has been five weeks this weekend, so he's probably fit for ten/twenty minutes. Imagine he'll have a fitness test in the morning and if he passes, he'll get a place on the bench. Or something like that.

Though wasn't he quoted as saying he doesn't want to rush back and get crocked again, and would rather wait for the Spurs game?
Ham On Rye

Postby kthammer on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:39 pm

official website preview says that freddie, craig and deano will be fit but will probably not figure until spuds game.
kthammer

Postby kay_louises on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:42 pm

Good - at least we will have a stronger squad when we play Spurs! Hopefully should win tomorrow with the players we have available.
kay_louises

Postby Pidge on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:44 pm

i say take our chances with what we have fit and not risk anyone...i really want Deano and Bellamy to play agaisnt the *****
Pidge

Postby I am law on Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:45 pm

kthammer wrote:official website preview says that freddie, craig and deano will be fit but will probably not figure until spuds game.

Craig and Deano against the Spuds defence... :thup:

OK they're coming back from injuries, but, still, something creative to look forward to.
I am law

Postby westham,eggyandchips on Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:52 pm

kthammer wrote:official website preview says that freddie, craig and deano will be fit but will probably not figure until spuds game.

I have this horrible feeling that Bellers and Fred will ****-off on International duty and get injured again. Curbs should stand firm if either of their countries want them next weekend, and tell them to go **** themselves. Politely of course. :wink:
westham,eggyandchips

Location: Playing drums for the worlds greatest air guitar band.

Postby pablo jaye on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:37 pm

I think this could be a really dull 0-0 draw....
pablo jaye

Postby coxy on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:43 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:

I have this horrible feeling that Bellers and Fred will f*ck-off on International duty and get injured again. Curbs should stand firm if either of their countries want them next weekend, and tell them to go **** themselves. Politely of course. :wink:

We've already told the Welsh FA exactly that and they agree with our medical team.
coxy

Postby Mark Noble on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:54 am

Reid, Eprahim, Collins and Ljungberg in the squad...

The squad:

Green Wright Spector McCartney Gabbidon Collins Upson Neill Paintsil Etherington LBM Ljungberg Reid Bowyer Solano Cole Camara Ephraim

Collison and Stokes left behind, why are they not given the chance?!
Mark Noble
Yellow card - flaming

Postby WHamZam on Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:58 am

[quote="Mark Noble"]Reid, Eprahim, Collins and Ljungberg in the squad...

The squad:

Green Wright Spector McCartney Gabbidon Collins Upson Neill Paintsil Etherington LBM Ljungberg Reid Bowyer Solano Cole Camara Ephraim

Collison and Stokes left behind, why are they not given the chance?![/quote

**** knows, it`s hard to imagine a decent central midfield + midfielder on the bench with the players you named there. Is this from the official site?
WHamZam

Postby Anton's Angels on Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:46 am

---------------- Green ------------------

Spector --- Gabbidon --- Upson --- Linda

Solano --- Bowyer --- Neill --- Ethers

--------- Freddie/Boa -------------------
---------------- Cole --------------------
Anton's Angels

Postby Billydinho on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:20 am

first win for derby. we are ****, and no one give me this unbeaten in 4 b*llocks, you cant look at us this year and say we've looked strong.

we are a bore.
Billydinho

Postby daveo on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:36 am

Billydinho wrote:first win for derby. we are sh*t, and no one give me this unbeaten in 4 b*llocks, you cant look at us this year and say we've looked strong.

we are a bore.

Jeez!!! Some people. We're playing our 4th choice striker at the mo and the whole midf could easily be totally different if we had more bodies.

Ideal midf would prob be Dyer - Parker - Noble - Faubert/Freddie with Deano and Bellers up front.

When most of those are back then we can properly judge the strength of the team, until then we have to be realistic IMO. Mid-table and a Q-F is pretty good in the circums.

Some people have totally unrealistic expectations.

Having said that I'm going tom and a point would be a decent result bearing in mind our injuries and that they're desperate for a win.
daveo

Postby JLCABA on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:07 am

Billydinho wrote:first win for derby. we are sh*t, and no one give me this unbeaten in 4 b*llocks, you cant look at us this year and say we've looked strong.

we are a bore.

Derby beat Newcastle the Monday before Newcastle beat us
JLCABA

Postby Korea Hammer on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 am

Not much to base this on, but I feel this makeshift team is due to gel and put in a good performance.

Derby 0 West Ham 2
Korea Hammer

PreviousNext

Return to KUMB Match Threads