Derby County 0 West Ham Utd 5 (10/11/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

marcus6
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by marcus6 »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Do you have the squad handy? Quashie in there?
No, sorry. My Dad just saw Ljungberg and asked if he was fit for the weekend. He said yes, and Collins will be in the squad too.
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

marcus6 wrote: No, sorry. My Dad just saw Ljungberg and asked if he was fit for the weekend. He said yes, and Collins will be in the squad too.
Just edited it into my post on the last page. Ashton's in as well.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

chelmsford-iron wrote:Anyone know what the parking is like near Pride Park?
when you get near there are quite a few of them £5 car parks & its fairly near industrial estates so should be fine, there's a KFC near too which we parked in last time.

i see clattenburg is the ref, i call him callamatyburg
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Ashton's in the squad? :? I thought he was out until at least the end of November? I hope he hasn't been rushed back.......
Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

smuts wrote:Ashton's in the squad? :? I thought he was out until at least the end of November? I hope he hasn't been rushed back.......
Has been five weeks this weekend, so he's probably fit for ten/twenty minutes. Imagine he'll have a fitness test in the morning and if he passes, he'll get a place on the bench. Or something like that.
Ham On Rye

Post by Ham On Rye »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote: Has been five weeks this weekend, so he's probably fit for ten/twenty minutes. Imagine he'll have a fitness test in the morning and if he passes, he'll get a place on the bench. Or something like that.
Though wasn't he quoted as saying he doesn't want to rush back and get crocked again, and would rather wait for the Spurs game?
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

official website preview says that freddie, craig and deano will be fit but will probably not figure until spuds game.
kay_louises

Post by kay_louises »

Good - at least we will have a stronger squad when we play Spurs! Hopefully should win tomorrow with the players we have available.
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

i say take our chances with what we have fit and not risk anyone...i really want Deano and Bellamy to play agaisnt the c****
I am law

Post by I am law »

kthammer wrote:official website preview says that freddie, craig and deano will be fit but will probably not figure until spuds game.
Craig and Deano against the Spuds defence... :thup:

OK they're coming back from injuries, but, still, something creative to look forward to.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

kthammer wrote:official website preview says that freddie, craig and deano will be fit but will probably not figure until spuds game.
I have this horrible feeling that Bellers and Fred will f***-off on International duty and get injured again. Curbs should stand firm if either of their countries want them next weekend, and tell them to go **** themselves. Politely of course. :wink:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 925 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

I think this could be a really dull 0-0 draw....
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: I have this horrible feeling that Bellers and Fred will f*ck-off on International duty and get injured again. Curbs should stand firm if either of their countries want them next weekend, and tell them to go **** themselves. Politely of course. :wink:
We've already told the Welsh FA exactly that and they agree with our medical team.
Mark Noble
Yellow card - flaming

Post by Mark Noble »

Reid, Eprahim, Collins and Ljungberg in the squad...

The squad:

Green Wright Spector McCartney Gabbidon Collins Upson Neill Paintsil Etherington LBM Ljungberg Reid Bowyer Solano Cole Camara Ephraim

Collison and Stokes left behind, why are they not given the chance?!
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

[quote="Mark Noble"]Reid, Eprahim, Collins and Ljungberg in the squad...

The squad:

Green Wright Spector McCartney Gabbidon Collins Upson Neill Paintsil Etherington LBM Ljungberg Reid Bowyer Solano Cole Camara Ephraim

Collison and Stokes left behind, why are they not given the chance?![/quote

f*** knows, it`s hard to imagine a decent central midfield + midfielder on the bench with the players you named there. Is this from the official site?
Anton's Angels

Post by Anton's Angels »

---------------- Green ------------------

Spector --- Gabbidon --- Upson --- Linda

Solano --- Bowyer --- Neill --- Ethers

--------- Freddie/Boa -------------------
---------------- Cole --------------------
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

first win for derby. we are ****, and no one give me this unbeaten in 4 b*llocks, you cant look at us this year and say we've looked strong.

we are a bore.
daveo
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by daveo »

Billydinho wrote:first win for derby. we are sh*t, and no one give me this unbeaten in 4 b*llocks, you cant look at us this year and say we've looked strong.

we are a bore.
Jeez!!! Some people. We're playing our 4th choice striker at the mo and the whole midf could easily be totally different if we had more bodies.

Ideal midf would prob be Dyer - Parker - Noble - Faubert/Freddie with Deano and Bellers up front.

When most of those are back then we can properly judge the strength of the team, until then we have to be realistic IMO. Mid-table and a Q-F is pretty good in the circums.

Some people have totally unrealistic expectations.

Having said that I'm going tom and a point would be a decent result bearing in mind our injuries and that they're desperate for a win.
JLCABA
Has liked: 202 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by JLCABA »

Billydinho wrote:first win for derby. we are sh*t, and no one give me this unbeaten in 4 b*llocks, you cant look at us this year and say we've looked strong.

we are a bore.
Derby beat Newcastle the Monday before Newcastle beat us
Korea Hammer
Has liked: 1316 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Korea Hammer »

Not much to base this on, but I feel this makeshift team is due to gel and put in a good performance.

Derby 0 West Ham 2