Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

neilbob

Post by neilbob »

w4hammer wrote:
was joe cole offside?

looked so to me!!
possibly on the replay, but so close it's hard to criticise the lino.
kosherhammer
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by kosherhammer »

smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

I agree about Ljungberg, he just looked as if he could not be arsed and just stood out on the wing trying to avoid getting involved.

How much is this tw*t getting a week?
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

:oops: So ignore all the positives and start coating off a player who comes on for ten mins at the end of a game... V. Good :shock:
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

I thought we played very well today, much kudos goes to Upson, Danny, Cole and Boa Morte. They were fantastic. But.... I really think Chelsea were quite poor, we could have had them today, unfortunately we didn't etc... I can't complain about the goal, way too close to criticise. Well done Curbs.

P.s Why, oh why, does Spector still command a place in the squad?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Nice to hear Curbs praising our fantastic support in his interview.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

AlfieG wrote::oops: So ignore all the positives and start coating off a player who comes on for ten mins at the end of a game... V. Good :shock:
He could have at least looked interested to be fair....
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

What does that look like then?
smuts

Post by smuts »

AlfieG wrote::oops: So ignore all the positives and start coating off a player who comes on for ten mins at the end of a game... V. Good :shock:
So are we going to just rave about how well Gabbs, Upson, LBM played all day.......or are we going to look at the negatives as well?

Jeez, this is a debate not a love in. I thought nearly all of the team were excellent today but....a lot of people noticed that Ljungberg just did not want to be on the pitch today, something that was quite clear from the moment he stepped on there.

I think players who earn between £150k - £200k a month should actually look interested when they come on the pitch.....
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

smuts wrote: So are we going to just rave about how well Gabbs, Upson, LBM played all day.......or are we going to look at the negatives as well?

Jeez, this is a debate not a love in. I thought nearly all of the team were excellent today but....a lot of people noticed that Ljungberg just did not want to be on the pitch today, something that was quite clear from the moment he stepped on there.

I think players who earn between £150k - £200k a month should actually look interested when they come on the pitch.....

What does that look like?
Mitch
Embarrassing itch

Post by Mitch »

Fionn Kiely wrote:I thought we played very well today, much kudos goes to Upson, Danny, Cole and Boa Morte. They were fantastic. But.... I really think Chelsea were quite poor, we could have had them today, unfortunately we didn't etc... I can't complain about the goal, way too close to criticise. Well done Curbs.

P.s Why, oh why, does Spector still command a place in the squad?
Because he is a decent player who is very flexible and can come on and play in midfield or at the back. :wink:
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

I forgot he was on the pitch to be honest.]

Its a shame as the rest of the team worked their b*llocks off and its annoying when a player comes on and seems to go against that.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

AlfieG wrote:What does that look like then?
What does it look like? Did you watch the game? I think it was plainly evident he didn't want to be anywhere near the game. Didn't chase the ball, didn't look to receive it, didn't get involved in the game etc... I know and understand he was only on for a short while but for the money the club pays him he could at the very least try.
smuts

Post by smuts »

AlfieG wrote:What does that look like then?
How about not standing there when the ball comes near you for a start?

I am slightly biased against Freddie as I know a few Gooners at work and everyone to a man said at the start of his last season for them that "He's finished as his pace has gone, Wenger wants rid of him and he will look for someone to give him his last big pay day"......9 months later he signs for us......
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Mitch wrote: Because he is a decent player who is very flexible and can come on and play in midfield or at the back. :wink:

Ah it all makes sense now... :lol:
Frank fellover

Post by Frank fellover »

The Bob wrote:Imagine if Solano could head the ball. He'd be some player.
It was strange to see him duck under the ball. I really suspect a Chels defender called for him to leave it, it would have been an interesting ref decision had he heard it. Pen/Red card?
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Shame we lost but it sounds like we shouldn't be getting too down about it.

It's a real pity Nobby and Boa can't score for toffees 'cause we'd be unbeatable if they could.

Seems to me we're badly missing people who are going to make the most of the chances we're creating. Cole might well be five times the player he used to be but we really need to convert more good play into goals. Hope this gets sorted in Jan along with removing Ljungberg.

Sounds like midfield and defence are okay, especially with Faubert coming back so, come Jan, I want to see us concentrate on attacking options. Ashton's beginning to worry me, in terms of his ability to remain fit and scoring for long periods. Who knows how Bellers will be when he gets back. Up front is NOT looking good right now and we've been really lucky we're not suffering too much because of that.
Mitch
Embarrassing itch

Post by Mitch »

Fionn Kiely wrote:
Ah it all makes sense now... :lol:
Not sure you are being totally honest there ! :? :lol: He probably wont get a look in when everyone's fit but its not going to very often that everyone is fit is it ! My point is that he does a decent job wherever he's asked to play. I certainly dont think "Oh my God - not Spector" ! when he comes on. He's no world beater but very useful to have around. :thup:
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

Fionn Kiely wrote: What does it look like? Did you watch the game? I think it was plainly evident he didn't want to be anywhere near the game. Didn't chase the ball, didn't look to receive it, didn't get involved in the game etc... I know and understand he was only on for a short while but for the money the club pays him he could at the very least try.
Yes I watched it. My dog will run around chasing a ball...... It doesn't mean he is a good player! So how do you know what his instructions were? I bet Curbs did not say, 'just run around chasing the ball like a headless chicken'! Lets see how he plays when he gets a full game, not ten minutes at the end of one.

:wink:
FurryDice Upton Boy

Post by FurryDice Upton Boy »

Anyone know what the score is with Bobby Z and his injury - he is the sort of guy we need out there at mo. I think we need to address the Striker option and definitely a LB cover for Macca. Would love us to have a "Yossi" type player in the middle of the park too