Chelsea 1 West Ham Utd 0 (01/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Fionn

Post by Fionn »

west ham dancing shoes wrote:ashton should have came on earlier.
Would have taken Ethers off earlier for him, put Boa Morte on the left. Could have changed the game for us. Then again it more than likely wouldn't of...
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

roblo wrote:In The Slug from 11, good love
:shock:
morrisey is a hammer

Post by morrisey is a hammer »

john terry is an ****hole of the highest order. the man seems too think he can tell a ref what he needs to do. everytime chelsea got a free kick his up there giving it to the ref, yap yap yap. even tried to claim a penalty against upson when nothing happend, the ****. chelsea as a team are like this and its shocking too see and why it still goes on. joe cole yet again doing his sqeeky scream everytime he got tackled, falling too the floor and asking the ref for a foul, ****er.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

morrisey is a hammer wrote:john terry is an ****hole of the highest order. the man seems too think he can tell a ref what he needs to do. everytime chelsea got a free kick his up there giving it to the ref, yap yap yap. even tried to claim a penalty against upson when nothing happend, the c*nt. chelsea as a team are like this and its shocking too see and why it still goes on. joe cole yet again doing his sqeeky scream everytime he got tackled, falling too the floor and asking the ref for a foul, ****er.
True - but I was also unhappy to see Solano waving an imaginary card at the ref.
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Devils Advocate wrote: :shock:
:oops:

The thing I hated today was the two awful tackles in the first half. Chelsea are such hypocrites, complaining about refs picking on them, then they go and do things like that :evil:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

AlfieG wrote::oops: So ignore all the positives and start coating off a player who comes on for ten mins at the end of a game... V. Good :shock:
jesus alfie--are you his agent or something?

Let alone the fact that those "ten minutes at the end of a game" were when we should/could have clawed ourselves back into the game- the bloke couldnt have shown more that he didnt want the ball or rather be anywhere else than wearing a west ham shirt since ...um errr.. the last time i saw the useless **** put in appearance.......he is a complete and utter travesty of a player...i cant think of a single passage of play that warrants him being anywhere near our club, let alone his apalling injury record..

the rest of the team today were immense by comparison- hope they made him sit in the bog on the coach all the way home :wink:
morrisey is a hammer

Devils Advocate wrote: True - but I was also unhappy to see Solano waving an imaginary card at the ref.
missed that one i must have been screaming at john terry at the time. that card waving is simple to stamp out, book the player who does it. only one ref had the onions too do it so far this season and it was against tottenham player, which was nice.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

In a small way I don't mind Terry and his actions with the ref. He is their captain after all. I do believe that only the captains should get to talk to the refs, and whilst Terry seems to go OTT quite a lot of the time, it's worse when other players, who are not captains (Chimbonda last week for example) do it.
morrisey is a hammer

evryone of the first 11 done well today. i think we are coming along nicely as a team now. gabbidon was superb today upson was superb and he as been for quite a few weeks now. cc did a great job and caused them trouble upfront and the central midfeild was tight as a unit and gave them no room too play. drogba man of match on sky ha ha ha ha ha ha :lol:
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

w4hammer wrote: jesus alfie--are you his agent or something?

Let alone the fact that those "ten minutes at the end of a game" were when we should/could have clawed ourselves back into the game- the bloke couldnt have shown more that he didnt want the ball or rather be anywhere else than wearing a west ham shirt since ...um errr.. the last time i saw the useless c*nt put in appearance.......he is a complete and utter travesty of a player...i cant think of a single passage of play that warrants him being anywhere near our club, let alone his apalling injury record..

the rest of the team today were immense by comparison- hope they made him sit in the bog on the coach all the way home :wink:
No Mate. I just cannot understand why we are always looking for a scapegoat. Today the TEAM performance was v good. I felt proud of them and do not look for the negatives on such a day.

Freddy has barely played for us yet so why slag him off :eh:

I feel really sorry for Dyer.... At half time in his first game back some muppet will be on here saying 'what a waste of money'....... Jeez!
MrBen
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MrBen »

Tel The Hammer wrote:I went today. I thought we played really well and snuffed Chelsea out perfectly.

Was really pleased to see Gabbidon back to somewhere near he's best and he was really on song today. He still wasn't as good as Upson who's been absolutely blinding over the last few weeks - I just hope all he's injuries are behind him as with him on form, we look really solid at the back.

Two things I weren't too pleased about. First thing was Etherington today, whenever he comes up against decent players all of he's self belief goes from him. He's passing and use of the ball today was terrible.

I also thought Deano should've been brought on sooner as coming on with only 10 mins left really gave him no chance.

Oh and I'm guessing Ljungberg still had a headache as he certainly played like he had one. The Swedish ponce didn't put one foot right and doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the 1st tean.

Chelsea's support was also f*cking sh*t. The plastic-ness of their support stands out so much - They f*cking boo every 10 seconds and seem to shout handball for anything.

Our support was yet again great and I enjoyed the day. Just a shame we didn't get the point we deserved.
Pretty much what he said.

In the last 3rd we seemed to lack belief (or at least Matty & the Boa Constrictor did)
morrisey is a hammer

Fionn Kiely wrote:In a small way I don't mind Terry and his actions with the ref. He is their captain after all. I do believe that only the captains should get to talk to the refs, and whilst Terry seems to go OTT quite a lot of the time, it's worse when other players, who are not captains (Chimbonda last week for example) do it.
i see your point but he does it far too much, even once tried too stop a ref getting a card out. awful man and i dont buy this buisness of that his a great centre half. i thought gabs performance today against drogba was blinding.
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

morrisey is a hammer wrote: i see your point but he does it far too much, even once tried too stop a ref getting a card out. awful man and i dont buy this buisness of that his a great centre half. i thought gabs performance today against drogba was blinding.

I would have to disagree, Terry in my book is one of the finest CB's in the world. Had one fantastic tackle today on Cole. He rarely puts a foot wrong. Agree with you about Gabbs though, him and Upson are looking very good.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

MrBen wrote: Pretty much what he said.

In the last 3rd we seemed to lack belief (or at least Matty & the Boa Constrictor did)
Agreed. We did deserve the point today, and we certainly shouldn't be disappointed with this result as it completely flatters Chelsea. We controlled the rhythm of this match. Except for a few moments in the first half, we maintained our discipline, our shape and our composure. There really can't be too much complaining about our first 11 today (except for maybe Nobby's point blank missed header in front of goal. again)

Our support was excellent too! Well done to the Hammers fans today (except for the ****hole and his green laser. That's the second match in a row this idiot has appeared. Grow up you child.)
morrisey is a hammer

Fionn Kiely wrote:

I would have to disagree, Terry in my book is one of the finest CB's in the world. Had one fantastic tackle today on Cole. He rarely puts a foot wrong. Agree with you about Gabbs though, him and Upson are looking very good.
i think most of the players get overhyped compared too others. for me upson is showing the class i knew he was but probaly wont get his call for england. i just find all that stuff about him like he puts his body on the line everytime he plays and sticks his head in when others wont tottal b*llocks really. anyway he will always be a twat to me when he brought that kid on has a mascot with a half west ham top half chelsea top, the swine. :twisted: :lol:
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

King twat again for me today was Drogba, his falling over was quite spectacular. Then again Terry, Mikel and Joe Cole all deserve mentions for their twatishness.

Anyway, on to more positive things. Defence looks much better. Upson and Gabbs did brilliantly today and Upson seems to add an air of authority to proceedings. Ethers wasn't too bright to day but then again he's always been hot/cold.

Overall good performance. I'd go as far as saying that if Bellamy had played we'd probably have won and Chelsea would have ended up with 10 maybe even 9 men.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

I hate them c****.
mokum hammer

Post by mokum hammer »

morrisey is a hammer wrote:john terry is an ****hole of the highest order. the man seems too think he can tell a ref what he needs to do. everytime chelsea got a free kick his up there giving it to the ref, yap yap yap. even tried to claim a penalty against upson when nothing happend, the c*nt. chelsea as a team are like this and its shocking too see and why it still goes on. joe cole yet again doing his sqeeky scream everytime he got tackled, falling too the floor and asking the ref for a foul, ****er.
Agree M8 - he argued EVERY f*cking decision - he's a cheat!
kosherhammer
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by kosherhammer »

MOTD running order
Aston Villa v Arsenal
Wigan v Man City
Sunderland v Derby
Portsmouth v Everton - this game was goalless FFS :evil:
Chelsea v West Ham
Blackburn v Newcastle
Reading v Middlesbrough
Staines v Peterborough
FA Cup round-up
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Paolo Futre wrote:I hate them c*nts.
Their all c*nts

Fall over at the slighest touch, moan and whinge.

Terry grabbing Boa Morte by the neck should have been a booking, what did the twat get booked for later?