LCQF: West Ham Utd 1 Everton 2 (12/12/07)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Scaloni Is The Messiah

Post by Scaloni Is The Messiah »

That would be the most difficult spot the ball ever.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Kentammer wrote:Quality picture (if not article) in the Mail:

The only one with he's eye on the ball is Yakubu
thal

Post by thal »

Yakubu has the 'hang on, I could be in here' face on but neither Gabbs or Green have quite morphed into the 'oh ****' look. :lol:
Kentammer
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Kentammer »

It reminds me of one of those 'where's the ball?' competitions :D

Harveys_HammersLH
Billy no tag

Post by Harveys_HammersLH »

Poor game all round to be honest.

I thought it was fairly even throughout. They had a lot more of the ball in the 1st half after we had scored and I thought we had more of the ball in the 2nd half than they did. That said we never really created enough to win the game and after our goal we never really made Howard work.

I know I've been saying this quite a bit recently but the ref had a shocker. Lots of times one of our players would get pushed yet no free kick would be given but if it was the other way round they were given.

Parker had another good game as did Cole and McCartney. I thought Ashton was very poor and it was fustrating as I know he's better than that. At the time I couldn't understand why Curbs took Cole off instead of Ashton but of course its come out today that Cole had a bit of a problem with his hip.

We need to start winning at home as well as keeping up our away form.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

The writing was on the wall for me that we were going to lose this match, after watching our poor distribution during the Blackburn match. It goes to show how much Solano brings to the team even when he's having a bad game.

Neill was even worse than his last two performances, McCartney had a poor match for the first time this season and our distribution, particularly out of defence was shocking at times and we handed the game to Everton. Everton really weren't that good but we were definitely worse. Ashton had a bad match too.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

To me more than a creative midfielder we need to move off the ball, our passing is pretty good and accurate but the movement off the ball which is what slices teams open (arsenal style) is pretty much non-existent
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Has anyone mentioned that total c*** of a ref last night?! Dont blame him for the defeat, but my god he was awful.
Kirkby_Blue

Post by Kirkby_Blue »

Dannyboylister wrote:You say everton have so much quality but they have very similar results to us except they've nicked 2 or 3 games in the 90th minute and we've lost or drawn 2 or 3. This 11 game unbeaten run makes it sound better than it is but in reality they've beaten very poor teams, much like ourselves.

West Ham 1-2 Everton (Last min dodgy goal)
Everton 3-0 Fulham (bottom 4 team)
Everton 1-0 Zenit St Petersburg (team down to 10 men with joke of a handball and still got outplayed)
Portsmouth 0-0 Everton (we drew 0-0)
Everton 7-1 Sunderland (bottom 4)
Chelsea 1-1 Everton (Last min dodgy goal)
Nuremburg 0-2 Everton (great team)
Everton 3-1 Birmingham (2 90'th minute goals)
Luton 0-1 Everton (scored in extra time)
Derby 0-2 Everton (bottom of the league)
Everton 3-1 Larissa (great team)

I thought last night had draw written all over it but they got lucky.
That smacks of sour grapes, sorry mate. We are on a tremendous run of form, irrespective of our opponents. There is a reason not many teams outside the top 4 enjoy such runs, so we must be doing something right.

Why was Cahill's superb overhead kick against Chelsea a 'last min dodgy goal'?

Thought you might like to enter my competition:

:wink:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Kirkby_Blue wrote: That smacks of sour grapes, sorry mate. We are on a tremendous run of form, irrespective of our opponents. There is a reason not many teams outside the top 4 enjoy such runs, so we must be doing something right.

Why was Cahill's superb overhead kick against Chelsea a 'last min dodgy goal'?

Thought you might like to enter my competition:

:wink:
Are you saying you deserved it last night fella ?
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

First time I've had a chance to get on here since last night. Was interested to see people's opinions about it and the majority seem to have seen the same game as me. We were poor but I wasn't surprised by this as I cannot remember having came away from the ground feeling positive about the performance I have seen.
I think we look a really good side away from home but when the onus is on us to do a bit and force the issue at our place, we come up short. 8 points from 21 backs this up I think.
I'm amazed by some of the opinions regarding the importance of last night's game. Last night was massive; the chance of a day out at Wembley and opportunity of playing European football. To say that we're not bothered and that the FA Cup should be our priority, wake up and smell the coffee! Can anyone tell me the last club outside the big 4 to win it? Things have changed and the days of anyone else winning it will be few and far between if at all. The Carling Cup gives those sides outside the CL clubs a real chance to have their day in the limelight. I know we had our day in Cardiff 18 months ago but I don't want to wait another 26 years for the same experience (f***, I'll be in my 60's) so will happily take a couple of Carling cup final appearances in the meantime.
Not the end of the world last night but certainly a big disappointment. Keep the faith boys and girls.
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

Just seen the goal for the first time since the game, found here: Still can't believe how badly we ****ed that up :x