Jermain Defoe - a poll

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Defoe - would you have him back at West Ham?

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 am

Yes please
64%
Not flaming likely
25%
I dunno
10%

Total votes: 441

nicky_g

Re: Jermain Defoe - a poll

Post by nicky_g »

it could only work if he changed his attitude, which i am not sure he is capable of. a very good player when he is on form, and him and ashton up front would be excellent.
would prefer a fit Bellamy over Defoe any day though.
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

YES! On purely a footballing decision its a no brainer, you have to be interested in the best players that are available in the price bracket and market your club are able to trade in. Its not like any of us have to sleep with him!
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Burnt Bridge
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

I dont see this as a footballing decision, i see it as someone who **** on our club and does not deserve to ever wear our shirt again.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

totally besotted with spurs, did the dirty on us, overrated (check out his overall team contribution), career not progressed, dates Danielle Lloyd, comes across as a little turdbag, flash blingster, wouldn't come back to us anyway...

apart from all those reasons, would absolutely love him back. Really I would!
chalky

Post by chalky »

sanchoz wrote:Burnt Bridge
'Bribed Grunt'?
Pidge

Post by Pidge »

people some devil soul the sell would their to
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

THE GIBBINS wrote:I dont see this as a footballing decision, i see it as someone who sh*t on our club and does not deserve to ever wear our shirt again.
I don't quite understand how he shat on us? Explain.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote: I don't quite understand how he shat on us? Explain.
The transfer request
The three red cards
The petulant attitude
Iron Mike

Post by Iron Mike »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: Says it all, imo

He won't want it, as he'll not be guaranteed a place in the side

And I don't think we'll want him. Not doubt, he's a great finisher. But he has little else to his game. If we are to bring in another striker, it has to be of the pacy variety (ie a similar player to Bellamy). I'm not sure we can afford the luxury of a player picked only for his finishing ability

I doubt he'd be hungry for a place on our bench, so I doubt he'll fit in with Curbs thinking. We'd be better off looking out for a player who is either a hot young prospect, or a foreign talent looking to move to England. Either way that sort of player is likely to remain hungry, despite being down the pecking order. A few months of bench warming will surely leave Defoe anything but hungry
I have never heard of him saying he is unhappy as sub at Spurs, to the contrary he has been a credit imo
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote: I don't quite understand how he shat on us? Explain.
he yanked down his shorts, strained with all his might, and from within the intestinal regions of young Defoe, out emerged a three-tiered super floater, brimming with undigested sweetcorn and the rank, pungent smells of the very centre of Hades itself...

dare ye wish me to continue, oh inquisitive one?
westhamnil

Post by westhamnil »

Don't want him back, never go back they say. In this instance I completely agree with that sentiment. Great goals ratio (35 in last 71) despite being in and out of the team but I cannot see him coming back here anyway. Will go off elsewhere and be a big success, probably at Pompey or Newcastle as he will be behind Carew, Agbonlahor and Moore at Villa.
Bubbles & Squeaks 77

Post by Bubbles & Squeaks 77 »

steveyrockstar wrote:
he yanked down his shorts, strained with all his might, and from within the intestinal regions of young Defoe, out emerged a three-tiered super floater, brimming with undigested sweetcorn and the rank, pungent smells of the very centre of Hades itself...

Now you put it that way! :lol:

I think we should sign the guy and agree with earlier posts from James P and Chalks.
irish_hammer_87

Post by irish_hammer_87 »

Would just like to add tho. Defoe Ashton would scare the **** outa most defences as would defoe bellamy. However a fully fit Ashton Zamora Cole and Bellamy can u really see him gettin a look in? Though could see Zamora and Camera going some time soon so maybe he could do a job
chalky

Post by chalky »

steveyrockstar wrote:[quote="Bubbles & Squeaks 77"I dont see this as a footballing decision, i see it as someone who sh*t on our club and does not deserve to ever wear our shirt again.
I don't quite understand how he shat on us? Explain

Bloody 'ell, you ain't got no style man! You wanna write funny? Engage brain first! Toilet humour even our German cousins can do.
Last edited by chalky on Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Quality player who was naive with he's transfer request.

I'd have him back for sure...
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

I'd have him back here. Quality player. Never join us though.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

I can't believe the over the top attitude some of you adopt… At least he waited till we got relegated unlike Joe Cole, he was badly advised and made a silly mistake that's all he has since apologized in fact more than once, I'd love him playing for us again but to be honest we don't need him and we don't need stroppy reserves whoever it is
Mullet

Post by Mullet »

THE GIBBINS wrote:Hes a little sh*t with a right chip on his shoulder. He is a good player but he thinks he is alot better than he is. His attitude stinks and he has no concept of loyalty whatsoever. The little c*nts limbs can fall off for all i care.
Spot on. Even when he was at Charlton he had this "I should be playing somewhere better attitude".

Some may describe his ability as god given but it doesn't give him the right to think he's god himself.
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

He doesn't seem to be displaying this 'think he's god' attitude at Spurs does he?