Sunderland 2 West Ham Utd 1 (29/03/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Re: Sunderland v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by kenthammer »

Romford wrote: Good to meet you fella
and you too m8 and Gnome aswell who looks a lot younger in the flesh than his pics portray him :wink:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Gnome looked younger after a night out with us :lol:

He looks 70 after 2 nights with us...remembering the 20 Coppers in Stockings, 2 large groups of bunny girls and some "naughty angels".
devostash
Location: Dreaming of emigrating to Australia...But sadly still in North Herts

Post by devostash »

Romford wrote:Gnome looked younger after a night out with us :lol:

He looks 70 after 2 nights with us...remembering the 20 Coppers in Stockings, 2 large groups of bunny girls and some "naughty angels".
Sounds like a good night out :raver:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

devostash wrote: Sounds like a good night out
Amazing night...all the others were dressed up as if they were going to a wedding aswell...I like a girl in quality shoes and a dress :clap:

Hartlepool is heaven
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

giblet wrote:Bitterly disappointed.

To be shown up by those in-breds.

Making fools of us.
:thup: Someone telling it as it is at last.

The Mackems are the nastiest, muggiest, most antagonistic set of half-wits I've had the displeasure of coming across for many a season. To think we might have saved these idiots from relegation in that game Saturday really pisses me off.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hartlepool is heaven
I find that very hard to believe. I was born there mate and spent 20 years tring to escape. Have spent the last 25 years in East London. I know which I prefer. I met a bunch of Hartlepool Hammers fans on the train after the game Saturday and felt so sorry for them I wanted to give one of them my scarf as a gift after he asked to buy it off me cos he couldn't get down to East London to watch us.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Funnily enough we had a drink with him in the Lloyds with his scarf :lol:

Small world
MackemLad

Post by MackemLad »

monkeyhanger wrote: :thup: Someone telling it as it is at last.

The Mackems are the nastiest, muggiest, most antagonistic set of half-wits I've had the displeasure of coming across for many a season. To think we might have saved these idiots from relegation in that game Saturday really pisses me off.
Spill the beans kidda what happened to you up here?
giblet
Has liked: 1 like

Post by giblet »

monkeyhanger wrote: :thup: Someone telling it as it is at last.
Oh, dear. My little joke about spelling seems to have gone astray... :lol:
MackemLad

Post by MackemLad »

giblet wrote: Oh, dear. My little joke about spelling seems to have gone astray... :lol:
To be fair to the bitter monkeyhanger i dont get it either :thup:
giblet

Post by giblet »

MackemLad wrote: To be fair to the bitter monkeyhanger i dont get it either :thup:
Ahh, hmm. Er, during the course of the match thread there was a bizarre sub-thread about Americanisms, which I did quote. So...ah, b*llocks :lol: ...I thought I'd make a joke which looked as if it started about mackems...but wasn't, as I thought was obvious...
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MackemLad wrote: Spill the beans kidda what happened to you up here?
Like I said before, got tons of grief off stewards threatening to throw me out while they ignored a whole bank of standing home fans directly to my left who cheered them on for their efforts. Said fans also spent the whole match ignoring the football and slagging us off which wouldn't normally bother me but I was seated right up against the mugs and couldn't ignore them. Also policemen getting in my face and trying to stare me out so they could arrest me. I also think the crap weather and seeing a mother and son fighting security when they were both caught shop-lifting in a store prior to the game coloured my view of the place somewhat. To lose in the manner we did just topped the whole miserable day off for me. Do I sound bitter ?
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

monkeyhanger wrote: Like I said before, got tons of grief off stewards threatening to throw me out while they ignored a whole bank of standing home fans directly to my left who cheered them on for their efforts. Said fans also spent the whole match ignoring the football and slagging us off which wouldn't normally bother me but I was seated right up against the mugs and couldn't ignore them. Also policemen getting in my face and trying to stare me out so they could arrest me. I also think the crap weather and seeing a mother and son fighting security when they were both caught shop-lifting in a store prior to the game coloured my view of the place somewhat. To lose in the manner we did just topped the whole miserable day off for me. Do I sound bitter ?
At least you didn't have to pay for a (miserable) wife & 2 kids to go with you :wink:
MackemLad

Post by MackemLad »

monkeyhanger wrote: Like I said before, got tons of grief off stewards threatening to throw me out while they ignored a whole bank of standing home fans directly to my left who cheered them on for their efforts. Said fans also spent the whole match ignoring the football and slagging us off which wouldn't normally bother me but I was seated right up against the mugs and couldn't ignore them. Also policemen getting in my face and trying to stare me out so they could arrest me. I also think the crap weather and seeing a mother and son fighting security when they were both caught shop-lifting in a store prior to the game coloured my view of the place somewhat. To lose in the manner we did just topped the whole miserable day off for me. Do I sound bitter ?
Yes just a bit and it must be galling to see all your fellow fans had a great day whilst you wanted to jump off the Wear Bridge :wink:

In all seriousness mate we all have those experiences and it all seems to come at once. Knowing life you will come up next time, have a great day on the lash and enjoy the stadium. :thup:
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

MackemLad wrote: Yes just a bit and it must be galling to see all your fellow fans had a great day whilst you wanted to jump off the Wear Bridge :wink:

In all seriousness mate we all have those experiences and it all seems to come at once. Knowing life you will come up next time, have a great day on the lash and enjoy the stadium. :thup:
I hope you're right. At least you seem like a top bloke mate and I would certainly shake your hand next time win, lose or draw.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Total likes: 143 likes

Curbishley praises Hammers defender Ferdinand

Post by cockney hammer »

Curbishley praises Hammers defender Ferdinand
http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/sport/ ... dinand.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEST Ham boss Alan praised Anton Ferdinand following Saturday's defeat at Sunderland.

The 23-year-old has taken up the role as the senior player in a Hammers back line hit by injuries to Matty Upson, Danny Gabbidon, James Collins and Calum Davenport.

He partnered both Jonathan Spector and James Tomkins in the 2-1 defeat at the Stadium of Light, and Curbishley said: "I think Anton has done great, to be honest.

"We started off with Spector there, then Tomkins has had to come on and Specs has gone to left-back then right-back.

"We were pulling people all over the place and filling in and, to be fair, I thought we did it well enough to get a point.

"It's been very difficult - you can see the disruption."
advertisement

The Hammers looked like they had battled their way to a hard-earned point before Andy Reid struck the Black Cats winner six minutes into stoppage time.

And that after Freddie Ljungberg had been stretchered off to leave the Irons - who had already made three substitutions - down to ten men in the remaining ten minutes.

However, the Irons boss was still not best pleased with conceding so late in the match.

"The nature of the goal in the end, in the last minute with 30 seconds to go, we allowed Reid to get in between two people and it was clearable. So we're very disappointed," said Curbishley, who also saw John Pantsil, George McCartney and Carlton Cole all withdraw injured early from the action.

"In the second half they put a lot of pressure on us without creating much.

"They had a good chance with 10 minutes to go but I thought we'd got a point."

On the injuries, he added: "It has just been the story of the season - lots of people have been out in injured long-term and the players that have been playing have had to play every week without a break and we've took another couple of injuries.

"Everyone can see, if they care to look at the back of the programme, the problems we've had.

"Great credit to the players that have been playing. I've got no complaints."

While Gabbidon, Collins and Davenport are out for the season, Upson - who has been missing for for four games with a calf injury - could be back in contention for the Premier League encounter with Portsmouth at Upton Park next Tuesday.

"We'll have to see if Upson will be right for Portsmouth," said Curbishley.

"We don't want to put anyone at risk so we'll just have to see what we've got."
Fionn

Re: Curbishley praises Hammers defender Ferdinand

Post by Fionn »

Despite some errors, I'd agree. I think he's been good for us this season.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Gnomes cracking report...although i'm not sure how he makes me look so rotund in every pic :oops:

http://www.kumb.com/reports.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

devostash wrote: Sounds like a good night out :raver:

http://www.kumb.com/report.php?id=415" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh I see Mr Wonkey has beaten me to it!
Gent
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Gent »

Romford wrote:Gnomes cracking report...although i'm not sure how he makes me look so rotund in every pic :oops:

http://www.kumb.com/reports.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anyone who drinks so little on a Sat night that he allows himself to get woken up by a key in a door deserves all he gets.
Next time I'm gonna do the wet towel round his head trick. :think: