Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ermintrude

Re: Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

Post by Ermintrude »

Did you hear back from Toronto re a refund on the party tickets???

We will also have the Polo Shirts in Small :D[/quote]

Yeah thanx Dave, all creditted back onto my mastercard :D so that'll go towards the polo shirts...

Nearly packed :D .......See you in The Imperial
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

My friend Helen who is joining us and lives in Toronto i had look into the dress code for the club typically. she said
dress code for Muzik - it is pretty posh, so would suggest shoes and not trainers!
as an FYI
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Coley wrote:My friend Helen who is joining us and lives in Toronto i had look into the dress code for the club typically. she said
as an FYI
I have 3 pairs of Flip Flops coming on the trip ranging in style & colour, not sure if they will cut it at a Club where they can't even get the name spelt right but we'll see.. :wink:
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Coley wrote:My friend Helen who is joining us and lives in Toronto i had look into the dress code for the club typically. she said
Anyone who force's WH fans to buy tickets for an event that Toronto can't sell out, and who a fair number of us didn't want to go to anyway, can stick any form of "dress code" where the sun don't shine, they can give me my money back or take what they get. :twisted:
Bobby Orangeboom

West Ham Dave wrote:
Anyone who force's WH fans to buy tickets for an event that Toronto can't sell out, and who a fair number of us didn't want to go to anyway, can stick any form of "dress code" where the sun don't shine, they can give me my money back or take what they get. :twisted:
You're gonna go down an absolute storm in Corporate N America Dave the Rave... :raver:
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

He's spot on though :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

KIALOS wrote:He's spot on though :lol:
Too true however one thing that i've previously forgot but remember again over the last week or so is that in N America, even if you're right & others know it, it still doesn't mean that things will go your way... :wink:
Ermintrude

Post by Ermintrude »

on our way....5 hour delay at Gatwick :(
West Ham Dave
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by West Ham Dave »

Ermintrude wrote:on our way....5 hour delay at Gatwick :(
OUCH that ain't good news, even more so with the "little uns" in tow, hard enough to keep them amused for the minimum time, without adding 5 hours to it.

Be extra careful on the drive down to Columbus now, it's not worth taking risks, lots of rest stops and coffee (pro plus help if you can get hold of any), and get booked into a motel for a bit of kip if possible.

See you Wednesday

Dave
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

After a delightful lunch with the man above (^^) and his lovely wife today, we then went on to the West Ham shop where I collected some West Ham goodies for our American/Canadian friends and their children. All of these were handed over free of charge as a goodwill gesture for those travelling and those who are unable to get over to the UK.

Thanks to 'Dan the Man' for sorting this out and I will bring back a MLS Match programme as promised. :thup:

For all my 'guys an' girls' wishing to pick up their tickets on Tuesday I will be in Monarchs Pub (http://www.monarchspub.ca/photos.html ) at the Delta Chelsea Hotel from 6pm for some beer, food and introductions.

Of course any other travellers/supporters are more than welcome to join us and would love to meet up with you :wink:

The Upton Girlie household is getting very excited about this trip although THE mascot is a little nervous!

If anyone can record this momentous match for my lad I would be extremely grateful as I should imagine my video recording will be rather shaky :D
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

Tickets
Passport
Mobile
Suitcase
Money
Camera
Wake up the Mascot

This girl is ready to go...Toronto here I come :raver:

See ya there guys and girls :thup:
Pursey

Post by Pursey »

Haven't posted on the thread much but I'll be at the imperial on Wednesday night. Another ex-pat for the ranks :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

three days and counting... :crest: :raver:
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

I just checked into the Delta Chelsea last night. I saw a couple of supporters in the lobby this morning but I had to scurry off to work. Is anyone else in town yet?
Bobby Orangeboom

rosecityhammer wrote:I just checked into the Delta Chelsea last night. I saw a couple of supporters in the lobby this morning but I had to scurry off to work. Is anyone else in town yet?
Erie PA for me at the moment & driving to Niagra & Toronto tomorrow... :thup:
dibs

Post by dibs »

Yep...I'm in town but then I do live here.

Just got back from Columbus....what a great time that was
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

rosecityhammer wrote:I just checked into the Delta Chelsea last night. I saw a couple of supporters in the lobby this morning but I had to scurry off to work. Is anyone else in town yet?
We checked into the Delta this afternoon, had a nosey around downtown, beer at the hotel bar and then put up a giant West Ham flag over our room balcony :D - college side. You can see it from Yonge St!

Am in room 1824 if you wanna give us a buzz - not too early mind...

Plenty of Hammers around this evening in the lobby and they all seem to know me :shock:

Stump is arranging something downtown for lunch and we are meeting up in the Monarch bar tonight (Tues) from 6pm

Am lovin this city - shops, food and beer are awesome. :raver:
dibs

Post by dibs »

Glad you made it here ok and I hope you'll enjoy your time in town....I'm heading into detox now in preparation for Thursday.

Chris
Detroit Hammer

Post by Detroit Hammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: Erie PA for me at the moment & driving to Niagra & Toronto tomorrow... :thup:
Great town to be in. I hope you took advantage of the downtown bar scene. All drinks, even top shelf, only $1 from 10-midnight every night at every bar.
rosecityhammer

Post by rosecityhammer »

upton girlie wrote: We checked into the Delta this afternoon, had a nosey around downtown, beer at the hotel bar and then put up a giant West Ham flag over our room balcony :D - college side. You can see it from Yonge St!

Am in room 1824 if you wanna give us a buzz - not too early mind...

Plenty of Hammers around this evening in the lobby and they all seem to know me :shock:

Stump is arranging something downtown for lunch and we are meeting up in the Monarch bar tonight (Tues) from 6pm

Am lovin this city - shops, food and beer are awesome. :raver:

--Nice!

1836 myself.

I will try and meet you in the Monarch as close to 6ish tonight as possible as I will be commuting from my Oakville office (a little bit South).
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

i just got in today, we were hiking but we decided to go into toronto early, so i'm at a days inn for the night before i go to my other hotel.

anyone here have suggestions on asian food, or on good stuff to do besides the CN tower and hockey hall of fame?

also, is there a running trail somewhere in the city?