Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

#1TFC

Re: Official KUMB tour Toronto 2008

Post by #1TFC »

It was a pleasure to have your team and supporters at our stadium for the MLS ASG. As I am traveling to London almost monthly these days I am keen to try and catch some Champion league games and would be eager to see your team again.

1) Can you advise if tickets are available for your home games or are you mostly sold out?

2) Is your stadium along a subway line as recent knee surgery is making a long walk more difficult these days?

Thanks in advance
Coley
g33k h4mm3r

Post by Coley »

#1TFC wrote:It was a pleasure to have your team and supporters at our stadium for the MLS ASG. As I am traveling to London almost monthly these days I am keen to try and catch some Champion league games and would be eager to see your team again.

1) Can you advise if tickets are available for your home games or are you mostly sold out?

2) Is your stadium along a subway line as recent knee surgery is making a long walk more difficult these days?

Thanks in advance

LOL not at the Boleyn you wont! Well anytime soon anyway.
In answer to your questions are both Yes. You will want Upton Park station with just a quick walk down Green St
#1TFC

Post by #1TFC »

Thanks for the prompt response to my questions. Thought the chance of getting tickets would be a stretch but you don't know if you don't ask.

Good luck this year!
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

Photos from the 'tour' :

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4445344e ... 413d3d0d0a

There are ninety-six photos so press the forward button to make them go faster :D

Thank you so much to all those that made the trip full of smiles and giggles with plenty of magic memories... :thup:
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

#1TFC wrote:Thanks for the prompt response to my questions. Thought the chance of getting tickets would be a stretch but you don't know if you don't ask.

Good luck this year!
If you get stuck for a home game ticket TFC, let me know in advance and will see what I can sort out.
THORNE_X

Post by THORNE_X »

upton girlie wrote:Niagara ...
golly, is that real? looks too good to be true.. and abitlike one of those blue screen tricks!

wish id been there
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

Yes...it was a fake background - one of those 'tourist' things :lol:

But we were there!!! See photos above :wink:
Michigan Hammer

West ham / MLS memories

Post by Michigan Hammer »

Michigan Hammer and missus want to thank Dave, James, Keith, Colin, Bonzo Dog and all the Hammers For a great time in Toronto! See you next year.
BLT319

Post by BLT319 »

wow looks like you guys had a great time, i just became more upset about not being able to go.
#1TFC

Post by #1TFC »

Thanks Upton Girlie.

I will be in town Aug 17 - 18th.

Not sure if there are games at that point.

Regards,
stump

Post by stump »

If you going to BMO sunday , head by Dufferin Gate Pub prematch and look for the only one with a west ham patch on somewhere and that will be me, and I'll give you a heads up on visitors chasing the football in london...
#1TFC

Post by #1TFC »

stump wrote:If you going to BMO sunday , head by Dufferin Gate Pub prematch and look for the only one with a west ham patch on somewhere and that will be me, and I'll give you a heads up on visitors chasing the football in london...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks.

I will be at the game Sunday. If I understand correctly this pub is located at the corner of King and Dufferin?
Charles Pooter

Post by Charles Pooter »

upton girlie wrote:Photos from the 'tour' :

http://smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4445344e ... 413d3d0d0a

There are ninety-six photos so press the forward button to make them go faster :D

Thank you so much to all those that made the trip full of smiles and giggles with plenty of magic memories... :thup:

Thanks for taking the trouble to post those UG. I see an old (old) friend from east Anglia way there, back to the camera as usual! I also spotted someone I know in the pub pics towards the end. Check shirt. B****Y ???? Haven't seem him for years.
stump

Post by stump »

Correct, NW corner of Dufferin and King
#1TFC wrote: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many thanks.

I will be at the game Sunday. If I understand correctly this pub is located at the corner of King and Dufferin?
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Charles Pooter wrote:
Thanks for taking the trouble to post those UG. I see an old (old) friend from east Anglia way there, back to the camera as usual! I also spotted someone I know in the pub pics towards the end. Check shirt. B****Y ???? Haven't seem him for years.
??? :think:
Charles Pooter

Post by Charles Pooter »

Why the ???? BO?
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

Just caught the end of "Premier League World" on Fox Soccer. They did a long story on WHU in Toronto and had several crowd shots/supporters coming in the gates shot. Caught what looked like Servo coming into the ground and what looked like Bobby Orangeboom in the crowd.
Bobby Orangeboom

Gator_Hammer wrote:Just caught the end of "Premier League World" on Fox Soccer. They did a long story on WHU in Toronto and had several crowd shots/supporters coming in the gates shot. Caught what looked like Servo coming into the ground and what looked like Bobby Orangeboom in the crowd.
You sure it wasn't the Playgirl Channel ?? :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Charles Pooter wrote:Why the ???? BO?
Well if you take the ** out of the below, that would spell my User Name & that's why i wondered if you meant me which is why i added the ??? !! :wink:

Ya get me ??
Charles Pooter wrote:
upton girlie

Post by upton girlie »

But Bobby, you are not wearing a checked shirt in any of the pics...

Paranoid B'stard :lol: