Transfer Window: Summer 2008

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

saludo de carlitos

Re: Summer transfer talk/rumours

Post by saludo de carlitos »

What a ****ing waste of time even looking at this thread. :eh: ****ing joke west ham.
bobo

Post by bobo »

So we have 22 senior players with round about 5 being injured & 3 being goalkeepers! Five or six kids coming through & 2 of them are on the treatment table..........

Looking good West Ham!!!!!!

:twisted:
spyrobear

Post by spyrobear »

fjthegrey wrote:We dont need signings, as curbs has pointed out many times, our injured players coming back are "like new signings".
See, when we call out for new signings, the club employs someone to deliberately injure players, when they come back its "like a new signing for us"

By my reckoning thats about 40-50 signings this and last season. Why is everyone so unhappy, we've signed 40 players.

How awe inspiring.

We are so sh*t.
Once again, I think AC is being used as a puppet and the board want someone else to take over, hence no major spending. I think AC is quality, given the chance to get into european football rather than survival or just mid table.....just give him a chance.
All smells bad to me. I get the feeling Nani will be temp manager by Oct, to be replaced by Bilic.
Not happy about today unless something happens in next hour to change my mind.
BTW.....What does everyone think about Duxbury.......he can go do one IMHO!
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Senior players is a very loose term, consider that 2 of those are Quashie and Boa Morte.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Takes the piss, i watched SSN **** over man utd and berbatov all day, in the hope west ham would get 2 second slot saying we signed Bosko Balaban or something...f*** me, what a load of ****! Long, tough and boring season...again! :thdn:
Status Kev
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Status Kev »

f*** this. I'm going to bed. Waste of a day. Night lads.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

Surely the Premier League is setting itself up for the biggest downfall possible in football ?
Clubs having hundreds of millions in debts, people getting disgusted by the way they are treated, players being paid ridiculous amounts,...
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edison_Cavani" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

signed?
bobby0303
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by bobby0303 »

The Green Man wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edison_Cavani" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

signed?
Did you edit that yourself? :wink:
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

bobby0303 wrote: Did you edit that yourself? :wink:
SHUT UP! :wink:

Who would be sad enough to do that?! :asleep:

Someone has.. err.. updated it with information on the move.

On September 1, 2008, at 23.52 Cavani signed for West Ham for a figure of £13 million, after completing a medical. He is expected to take the number 7 shirt from recently departed Freddie Ljungberg When asked why he moved, he replied, "The club owners are obviously spending a lot of money to make West Ham a huge force in football, I also like the risk they are taking with not having even one senior left back, I found it very sexy".
norris

Post by norris »

I'll have to admit to really wanted to see some activity on the transfer market, especially for a striker and a central defender...but I'm not unhappy either.

Behrami is a quality signing that will work out well and having a bit Faubert is like a new signing this season.

I'm actually feeling a tad optimistic about our season...sure we are open to a few key injuries hurting to a major extent, but who isn't other than the top few? Our youngsters are among the best going round and as always a few will take chances fate throws their way and step up.

Curbs is also the right man for the job at the moment in my opinion...given the squad. We'll not get dragged into a relegation fight, or fight for a European place, but that doesn't bother me this season.

No, I'm actually feeling OK...surprises me
Damn Yankee

Post by Damn Yankee »

Ferreira wont even come on loan it seems...
Chelsea were also frustrated. Having missed out on Robinho, pulling out of the bidding after Manchester City's offer, they appear to have failed in their attempts to sell Paulo Ferreira to West Ham United, with the Portuguese international not keen to switch to Upton Park. Talks were held after West Ham sold the left-back George McCartney to Sunderland for £6m. The 26-year-old will be reunited with Anton Ferdinand which means West Ham have taken £13m off Sunderland in the last week. McCartney had been the subject of a Sunderland bid earlier in the summer but was persuaded to sign a new contract instead. However, his partner has not settled in London and he becomes Roy Keane's 10th summer signing, the outlay being approximately £36m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 15884.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Singaporeiron

Post by Singaporeiron »

norris wrote:I'll have to admit to really wanted to see some activity on the transfer market, especially for a striker and a central defender...but I'm not unhappy either.

Behrami is a quality signing that will work out well and having a bit Faubert is like a new signing this season.

I'm actually feeling a tad optimistic about our season...sure we are open to a few key injuries hurting to a major extent, but who isn't other than the top few? Our youngsters are among the best going round and as always a few will take chances fate throws their way and step up.

Curbs is also the right man for the job at the moment in my opinion...given the squad. We'll not get dragged into a relegation fight, or fight for a European place, but that doesn't bother me this season.

No, I'm actually feeling OK...surprises me
Thats all well and good but what happpens if Neill gets injured, who the hell plays left back. Lets face it Neill is hardly a quality left back as it is, but having no one is a disaster. I can not believe this club are going through to Jan without a recognised lb. Can you also imagin if and when Bellamy and Ashton get injured, I admire your optimism but its short sighted, we will be in trouble, and if they argure in the changing rooms after a 4-1 win, god help us what it'll be like after a couple of defeats. I am not a doom merchant, but to be honest things are not looking anything like mid table this season, especially if we don't pick up at least 12 points in the next 5 games as after this the real trouble starts. :thdn:
Singaporeiron

Post by Singaporeiron »

Damn Yankee wrote:Ferreira wont even come on loan it seems...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 15884.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is nothing on the PL website, Sky or the BBC or anywhere for that matter about Ferreira joing WHU, simple it didn't happpen. We sold without cover which is shambolic, Duxbury is clearly a yes man, and hasn't the balls to stand up to tyhe Icelandic C*nts and defend curbs or the team, instead we just sell. For christ sake if Linda had just signed a 5 year contract make him stay at least until January or at worst the end of the season, especially after we have been paying his wages whilst being off sick for the last 8 or so weeks, the club has lost direction and the heart & sole is being drained out which is very worrying indeed.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

i cant believe robinho has signed for citeh :shock: chelsea must be seething hahaha
can we get some abu dhabi folks in here please, they just turned up bought the club and bid for all the top players that were for sale within 12 hours, ****ing nutters, apparently they are about 10 times richer than abramovich
FurryDice Upton Boy

Post by FurryDice Upton Boy »

Did BrownFatwa ever come back with his other info he was going to relay?
pottsy4england

Post by pottsy4england »

arg. how much have we got for linda then? Sun says 2.5, Indy says 5.5. big difference. if he went for 2.5 i'd be very very angry. if he went for 5.5 i'd be slightly annoyed, but not devastated.

if we haven't signed ferreira, and only got 2.5 for linda.... i'd be furious.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 508 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

screech wrote:i cant believe robinho has signed for citeh :shock: chelsea must be seething hahaha
can we get some abu dhabi folks in here please, they just turned up bought the club and bid for all the top players that were for sale within 12 hours, f***ing nutters, apparently they are about 10 times richer than abramovich
Even better - citeh have given Real £32.5m to buy Ronaldo during the Jan window - :lol: C'mom Real start the press leaks NOW and also start tapping up! That would keep me happy over the next few months.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Don't let the thread die :raver:

We'll make him an Appi Hammer

The Sun.

WEST HAM are still hoping to sign Ghana skipper Steven Appiah — despite yesterday’s transfer deadline.

The midfield star can move to Upton Park as a free agent from Fenerbahce because he is no longer under contract with the Turkish giants.

Alan Curbishley’s Hammers have offered Appiah, 27, a £40,000- a-week three-year deal to test himself in the Premier League.

But the World Cup star may not make up his mind until after his country’s upcoming international against Libya.

A close source said: “West Ham were in talks with Steven all weekend and have even sent him the contract.

“But he is in no rush to sign anything as he can move whenever he wants.

“He has been training with one of his former clubs in Italy all summer after falling out with Fenerbahce. Now he is a free agent and is weighing up his options.”
Stevielad
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Stevielad »

I refuse to get excited.

I can remember getting excited about Titi Camara arriving - we all know how much of a success that was :?
I just can't imagine a new signing arriving and actually staying fit enough, long enough to make a contribution.

:raver:
davids cross wrote:Don't let the thread die :raver:

We'll make him an Appi Hammer

The Sun.

WEST HAM are still hoping to sign Ghana skipper Steven Appiah — despite yesterday’s transfer deadline.

The midfield star can move to Upton Park as a free agent from Fenerbahce because he is no longer under contract with the Turkish giants.

Alan Curbishley’s Hammers have offered Appiah, 27, a £40,000- a-week three-year deal to test himself in the Premier League.

But the World Cup star may not make up his mind until after his country’s upcoming international against Libya.

A close source said: “West Ham were in talks with Steven all weekend and have even sent him the contract.

“But he is in no rush to sign anything as he can move whenever he wants.

“He has been training with one of his former clubs in Italy all summer after falling out with Fenerbahce. Now he is a free agent and is weighing up his options.”