Newcastle Utd 2 West Ham Utd 2 (10/01/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: Newcastle v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Pop Robson »

Ginge just ain't quick enough on the deck,

Very good chance for 90mins on football first tonight
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Pop Robson wrote:Ginge just ain't quick enough on the deck,

Very good chance for 90mins on football first tonight
He does read the Game well enough to make up for that Pop & makes some ****ing great Tackles & Blocks which also makes up for his lack of pace on the deck...
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Pop Robson wrote:Very good chance for 90mins on football first tonight
Already confirmed. We are the first choice match.
shaunieboy

Post by shaunieboy »

Disappointed we conceded after coming back to be in front, but overall a good point away from home. By reading through , it sounded like an eventful game , much better than navigating round sainsburys which was full of bloody people who can't co-ordinate a trolley. Headbanger
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

shaunieboy wrote:Disappointed we conceded after coming back to be in front, but overall a good point away from home. By reading through , it sounded like an eventful game , much better than navigating round sainsburys which was full of bloody people who can't co-ordinate a trolley. Headbanger
Whitechapel Sainsburys?...

Gutted. :lol:
I am law

Post by I am law »

Fat Le Tisser
Thanks Dave I - a proper belly laugh from that.
devon_shire_class

Post by devon_shire_class »

Yup, well played West Ham - fully deserved a point, unlucky not to get 3. Only complaint is we seem to drop deep when we went 2-1 up. But Newcastle had a lot of width and caused us some problems too. MOTM for us i'd say Cole or Illunga, Anyhow come on lads, lets hope we can get though the next few weeks with our team intact - time for the whole club - from the supporters to the board room to unite and fight off the vultures, the terrible unjust negative press and all this Tevez b*llocks, which is the biggest load of crap ever being played out by the FA/PL.

Ironssss
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Collins was unlucky for first goal as Behrami let Owen go when he should have been marking him.... Collins tried to cover and slipped....
I thought Neill played fine today as did the whole team.

The thing that worries me is that young players often lack consistancy, i love having collison and noble in the team and sears and stech and tomkins in the squad but,,,,,,,

I dont think we can depend on these guys being ultra consistant, which is why we have to keep players like bellamy parker et al at least for this season and next, i dont care about their sell on value (the majority of which wont be reinvested take anton/linda sale as precedent) Id rather keep them for 2 yrs and watch our younger ones come through and learn from them, You cant put a value on that.

:crest:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

devon_shire_class wrote:Yup, well played West Ham - fully deserved a point, unlucky not to get 3. Only complaint is we seem to drop deep when we went 2-1 up. But Newcastle had a lot of width and caused us some problems too. MOTM for us i'd say Cole or Illunga, Anyhow come on lads, lets hope we can get though the next few weeks with our team intact - time for the whole club - from the supporters to the board room to unite and fight off the vultures, the terrible unjust negative press and all this Tevez b***ocks, which is the biggest load of crap ever being played out by the FA/PL.

Ironssss
Agreed, there was so much space for us tro attack but as soon as we went 1-2 up, we sort of tried to just defend for the last 35 mins instead of trying to get a thrid when we really could have doen cos they were all over the shop & i think we should have gonbe for the third, but we didn't !!
shaunieboy

Post by shaunieboy »

Tel The Hammer wrote: Whitechapel Sainsburys?...

Gutted. :lol:

yep :lol:
RM9

Post by RM9 »

All in all a good point away, although shame it wasn't 3 points.

From the live stream we played some decent stuff and knocked the ball around well.

We are game of the day on Football First.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote: if they go, we'll miss them both massively, that's a fact
I really hope we don't sell those 2 Players !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is the right answer and will continue to be the right answer through this transfer window............keep your best players if you want to progress.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Big_Russ wrote:Collins was unlucky for first goal as Behrami let Owen go when he should have been marking him.... Collins tried to cover and slipped....
Dunno, think it was Guthrie who hd the ball, Behrami had to go and close him so let Owen go. Collins didnt go towards him and kep backing off pretty much letting him run on goal, then eventually stacked it. But from where he was he didnt pose too much threat and i think Green should have done better.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

I hope those twats who were taking the piss out of Carroll's hairdo earlier are suitably ashamed of themselves!

Headbanger
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

scatts wrote:I hope those twats who were taking the piss out of Carroll's hairdo earlier are suitably ashamed of themselves!

Headbanger
erm...is it fashionable now or something? :lol:

in fact, did you go out and get the same?
dave_l
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by dave_l »

scatts wrote:I hope those twats who were taking the piss out of Carroll's hairdo earlier are suitably ashamed of themselves!

Headbanger
I wasn't one of the aforementioned people but :lol: :lol: at Carroll's hairdo. He looks utterly ridiculous. Him scoring today did feel kind of inevitable, as soon as they mentioned on Soccer Saturday that he'd had 18 appearances but no goals I had a sinking feeling.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

coxy wrote:Dissappointed we didn't kick on at 2-1 but it's a lot easier said than done, was a very enjoyable game to watch too. Cole played a blinder after being non-existent for the first half an hour or so - his goal was very Drogba-esque, confidence is an amazing thing. My only concern is Collins, I'm beginning to think he's not a long term option for us. He makes some great headers and blocks at times but I don't think he has the spatial awareness you need and often loses his man or gets too tight. If Gabbidon were to ever appear again and become the player he was a couple of seasons ago that would be my choice, but this looks doubtful. I won't deny Collins was superb in the survival run-up but just recently I'm starting to doubt him.

Totally agree, but can you name a replacement, thats the thing.
scatts
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Post by scatts »

Don't think it would suit me to be honest. It was just SOOOO going to happen wasn't it, take the piss, he scores the equaliser. As was said on that thread - the West Ham way. f*** it!
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

shaunieboy wrote:
yep :lol:
I was just round the corner watching the game
devon_shire_class

Post by devon_shire_class »

Totally agree with the Collins factor, you can't thought his effort of bravery, but his reading of the game on the floor and his pace is a problem.