Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

craigs uncle

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by craigs uncle »

hammersgirl7573 wrote: :clap: you get used to it..plus learning to box in my youth payed dividends.
I haven't been to llanrumney for years, but used to go to visit my auntie in Countisbury Avenue, also had the unfortunate experience of going to St.Illtyds High School on Newport Road. It's all been upgraded since i was there a few years ago - but a right ****hole then it was![/quote]
i am from countisbury avenue myself, although went to ball road for schooling..another ****hole as you put it, then again theres many areas in cardiff that carry that tag as well as other parts of britain, lack of investment could be the cause.
Goldie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Goldie »

Peter Alliss , at a bit of a drinks afternoon , do , type thing , the day before yesterday , good fun for a fella in his late 70's ........... just get over the whole 'golf thing' old timer
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Passed Hannah from S-Club 7/Prime Evil (sp?) in the street in Richmond prior to Christmas. I'm sure I was behind Gareth Hale from Hale and Pace in a queue in Tescos too.

Leslie Grantham was also in the pub for the Liverpool - West Ham match, the previous night, and the following night. He failed to come back after some drunkard went off at him for apparently being rude to his mother 25 years ago in a Butchers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Philosophical Dan
KUMB's campest cyclist
Location: 10 PRINT "Philosophical Dan is Skill! "; 20 GOTO 10

Post by Philosophical Dan »

[HH] wrote:Leslie Grantham was also in the pub for the Liverpool - West Ham match, the previous night, and the following night. He failed to come back after some drunkard went off at him for apparently being rude to his mother 25 years ago in a Butchers! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Probably just left early, as it can be absolute murder getting a taxi at booting out time.
Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

I often see Glenda Jackson in Tescos at Lewisham.
I used to serve Gareth Hale at Safeways in Blackheath (it's now a Marks & Spencers)
Oh, and Ricky Gervais trod on my toe in Shaftsbury Avenue :lol:
ooh look who it is
Location: I'm a reasonable guy. But, I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.

Post by ooh look who it is »

Norman Cook last Thursday and then Normski Saturday!

Post by 1980 »

WHU Independent wrote:I was driving down the back of Christ Street market yesterday and I gave way to the Asian chap out of Chop shop with the massive lamb chop sideburns. He was driving a green Car of some description.

"Lepu" he lives just off crisp street market......
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

The cast of the bill often drink in my local.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Saw Terry Butcher today, told him I hoped he relegated Ca*ey :raver:
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

Hammers Dad wrote:I often see Glenda Jackson in Tescos at Lewisham.
I used to serve Gareth Hale at Safeways in Blackheath (it's now a Marks & Spencers)
Oh, and Ricky Gervais trod on my toe in Shaftsbury Avenue :lol:
I thought Glenda Jackson lived in Hampstead?
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

If you really want to meet celebs walk round Soho during the day. My brother works up there and he is literally falling over celebs everytime he goes out the door. I think most of them are going to see their agent, its all been taken over by media firms now. Also, everytime there is a scandal up at the FA and the cameras are there I ring my brother and he goes up to Soho Square and gets on tv. After we failed to Qualify for Euros you could hear him chanting Barwick out in the background. Was really funny.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Last Thursday...

Walking back from Town and this Plod on a motorbike comes within 2 inches of knocking me over whilst i was crossing...I give him a shuffle sign then have a Black Range Rover drive up and give me dirty looks with 3 burly suited blokes inside. Then Camilla with a huge smile on her face comes past in the back of a Rover.

Then another Bike Plod...

I didn't realise she liked the market :lol:
Hammers Dad
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

speculator wrote: I thought Glenda Jackson lived in Hampstead?
Long way to come for milk and bread!
I think it's Blackheath or thereabouts.
She is the MP for Hampstead and Highgate though
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

James May....at a petrol stn in Witham, Essex. He was in his Fiat Panda and he had a very deep voice and shakey hands.He asked me how far it was from Witham to Colchester...so I told him...errrrrrrr..Pardon?
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

I used to go to school with Lee Mead (winner of that Joseph thing on the bbc) to be fair he was a good lad he gave the school tickets to his first show.
Through extended family im related to Shania Twain and Lee Evans and Phil Jupitus are regulars in the local chippy to me (Oldhams in Westcliff)
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Went to school with Russell Brand, The Grays school, or the Grays media college as it is now. He was hardly ever there though. When he was though, he was funny as f*** even then
Chavs
Total likes: 762 likes

Post by Chavs »

dyers_leg wrote:Went to school with Russell Brand, The Grays school, or the Grays media college as it is now. He was hardly ever there though. When he was though, he was funny as f*** even then
I also went to Grays School........Not that long from Russel Brand as well.........I may know you.........
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

I8CHAVS wrote: I also went to Grays School........Not that long from Russel Brand as well.........I may know you.........
Gulp :arry:
clarke

Post by clarke »

Grays school = gay
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

clarke wrote:Grays school = gay