Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 1 (18/04/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Re: Aston Villa v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Chuck D »

'ouston 'ammer wrote:
We really do have some know nothing fans ~ they're an embarrassment.

Firstly snails are eaten by the French, and EVERYONE knows you don't put them in Paella.

I despair, I really do.

:lol:
Everyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella#Valencian_paella_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Except people from Valencia eh Ouston?

The things you learn on this site eh.......I'll square them up for you next time I'm out there.....

"Oi, Fernando, get them ****ing snails out of my dinner, Ouston says it aint pwoppa"
scottish_hammer

Post by scottish_hammer »

Welsh Iron wrote: Our support was immense. Some good banter with the Villa fans, too: '1-0, we don't need to sing' was a good come back to our '1-0 and you still don't sing'.
yeh I couldnt help but laugh when they sung that back :lol:
anyone know what that muppet was upto in the villa end with the whistle behind the goal? :lol:
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

He was just a g20 protester
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Only just got to a PC, but Saturday was the best away day I have had for a while, was a good game and we deserved a point. Support was great once again!!
Welsh Iron wrote:
It was good to meet Laffers in the pub before the game and a few people enquired about my salmon 1900 replica top too. I don't think they were chadders either
Was great to meet you aswell mate!
Hands of iron

Post by Hands of iron »

.[/quote]

You are a t.v. commentator and I claim my 5 quid.

THAT'S WHAT THEY GETTING HANDSOMELY PAID FOR ....

Headbanger Headbanger[/quote]

Your a c**t and i claim my £100.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Chuck D wrote:
Everyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella#Valencian_paella_2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Except people from Valencia eh Ouston?

The things you learn on this site eh.......I'll square them up for you next time I'm out there.....

"Oi, Fernando, get them f***ing snails out of my dinner, Ouston says it aint pwoppa"
You're correct of course Chuck. I imagine all of our supporters read Wiki and know to put snails into paella. Specifically in the 19th century, but then again I only watch the Cooking Channel not the Historical Cooking Channel.

You might wish to notice this part of it too:

On special occasions, 18th century Valencians used paelleras to cook rice in the open air of their orchards near lake Albufera. The rata de marjal (marsh rat) was one of the main ingredients of early paellas[16], along with eel and garrafones (butter beans).
The rat-eating habits of the people of Valencia's rice-growing region were immortalized by Vicente Blasco Ibáñez in his novel Cañas y barro, a realist account about life among the fishermen peasants of the Albufera marshes in Valencia.[17]

Brilliant. I think that I'll recommend that we put rats into the next batch we cook up.

God forbid I wish to make some of our fans not able to see "banter" when they see it.

You're right again Chuck. The things we DO learn on here. However, think I'll stick to the more conventional method meself, after all I am at a loss to think where I might find rats around suburban, Katy*, Texas. Maybe in the old rice mills down the street..........

*Katy is named for the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad (commonly referred to as the "K-T Railroad", now a part of Union Pacific) that ran through Katy in the 19th century. Katy was once known as Cane Island. The name is derived from Cane Island Creek which runs just west of downtown. Cane Creek is a branch of Buffalo Bayou. The origins of the name Cane Island are believed to be from the fact that Katy was once a major sugar cane producer and rice producer.

Glad to be of help.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 673 likes
Total likes: 1286 likes

Post by davids cross »

Hammer Laffers wrote:Only just got a PC
Bless him...............always so late with modern equipment :lol:
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

Memorial Ground wrote:Seems as though my Football First didn't record. Does anybody know of a torrent?

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=3kzz59z7mgb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from here, you have to register.

http://www.fbtz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I was in Birmingham with a Villa supporting Mate over the weekend and we were in attendance.

-Villa really should have scored more than once in the first half so they could finish the Match off. Story of their season, apparently.
-West Ham had a far better second half and looked strong, connected and positive. I thought you were going to go on to win it.
-Your support was noisy and passionate.
-Rob Styles needs to get to specsavers for that Kit decision. Never seen that before.
Leedo1

Villa Away

Post by Leedo1 »

Anyone else told to stop singing by the old bill? Was in a group of bout 50 walking from the cap & gown and had to laugh at the police trying to stop us singing! Reckoned we wouldnt get in the ground if we made to much noise! Did anyone see the bloke in the cap and gown with his white t-shirt covered in blackcurrent from the mass drink throwing which caused the bar staff to close the bar!

Great atmosphere inside the ground! Totally out sung villa the whole 90 mins!!
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 760 likes

Re: Villa Away

Post by Chavs »

You have potential to be one of them.
clawhammer
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Leedo1 wrote:Anyone else told to stop singing by the old bill? Was in a group of bout 50 walking from the cap & gown and had to laugh at the police trying to stop us singing! Reckoned we wouldnt get in the ground if we made to much noise! Did anyone see the bloke in the cap and gown with his white t-shirt covered in blackcurrent from the mass drink throwing which caused the bar staff to close the bar!

Great atmosphere inside the ground! Totally out sung villa the whole 90 mins!!
You're new on here aren't you? :think:
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by stammer »

Did anyone see the bloke in the cap and gown with his white t-shirt covered in blackcurrent
You drenched my old headmaster in blackcurrant juice?
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

stammer wrote: You drenched my old headmaster in blackcurrant juice?
I just done some research into your previous posts and all i can say is > :lol: they are 17 of the best!!!
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

I8CHAVS wrote:You have potential to be one of them.
:lol: Please let it be.
BSB1

Post by BSB1 »

Excuse me sir, is this the way to Bellend Farm??
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by stammer »

I8CHAVS wrote:I just done some research into your previous posts and all i can say is > :lol: they are 17 of the best!!!
Thanks mate ( I think ) I am primarily a lurker by nature, lured out occasionally. Most of the time I type a response and decide I can't be bothered, sometimes regretfully, my Julien Faubert/Real Madrid/Local White Hankie factory diatribe from January was worthy of publication. Alas in the end it succumbed to my general posting malaise.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

stammer wrote: Thanks mate ( I think ) I am primarily a lurker by nature, lured out occasionally. Most of the time I type a response and decide I can't be bothered, sometimes regretfully, my Julien Faubert/Real Madrid/Local White Hankie factory diatribe from January was worthy of publication. Alas in the end it succumbed to my general posting malaise.
You should get involved more!!! Need more people like yourself on here to outweigh the utter c****, which currently stands at 3 c**** to 1 decent poster ratio.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

BoB_On wrote:http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=3kzz59z7mgb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from here, you have to register.

http://www.fbtz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=302" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bloody hell mate, cheers! :thup: