saturday's gossip incldes west ham

An archive of Cockney Hammer's West Ham-related daily news digests from 2009-2015. For the latest daily digests, see the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

saturday's gossip incldes west ham

Post by cockney hammer »

mirror
Agent admits England contact for West Ham, Everton target Keita

The agent of Lyon attacker Kader Keita has confirmed interest from the Premiership.

Everton and West Ham United are keen on the Ivory Coast international, though Alfred Obrou said: "Kader did not have the best two years in his career, but he is ready to make amends.

"I have contacts for him but he wants to stay and prove his worth to Lyon. But if they don't want to keep him, he will look elsewhere.

"He will return to France for pre-season and we will see. There are contacts in England, he is a great player so it is normal but nothing is official yet."

Steve Bruce wants to make Tottenham striker Darren Bent, 25, his first signing at Sunderland, but is being put off by the £18m price tag that Spurs have put on him.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Manchester United have been told by Karim Benzema's agent that it is only a matter of time before the £35m-rated striker leaves French club Lyon. (Daily Mirror)

But Benzema has said in the past that he would prefer to play in Spain and the Premier League champions will face a battle with Real Madrid for his signature. (Daily Mail)

Hull manager Phil Brown has admitted Brazilian striker Geovanni could be sold if another club is willing to put in a big money offer.
Daily Star

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce wants to sign Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy from Spanish side Real Madrid.
The Independent

Fulham are eyeing up a £5m bid for Middlesbrough's 27-year-old striker Tuncay Sanli.
Daily Express

The Cottagers are also keen to sign Marseille midfielder Bolo Zenden, 32, who is available on a free transfer. (The Sun)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is considering a shock move to sign Portsmouth centre-back Sol Campbell, 34, on a free transfer.
The Sun

Wolves are set to sell Republic of Ireland midfielder Stephen Gleeson, 20, to League One side MK Dons for an undisclosed fee. (Daily Star)

Reading striker Kevin Doyle will decide next week on a £6.5m move to Fulham, Bolton, Sunderland or Wolves. (Daily Star)

Birmingham believe midfielder Lee Bowyer, 32, will complete a permanent move from West Ham next week. (Various)

The Blues are also tracking 24-year-old midfielder Ferne Snoyl, who is out of contract at Dutch side RKC Waalwijk. (The Times)

Arsenal's hopes of signing Fiorentina midfielder Felipe Melo, 25, look to have ended after the Brazilian's agent said he was happy in Italy. (Independent)

Queens Park Rangers are trying to talk veteran Turkish midfielder Tugay, 38, out of retirement. (Daily Mirror)

Burnley have made a club record £2.75m bid for Hibernian striker Steven Fletcher. (Daily Mirror)

Everton are closer to a £6m deal for Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia.
Daily Mail

Italian side Fiorentina are vying with Spanish club Atletico Madrid for Everton's Steven Pienaar. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham have bid £6m for Inter Milan's Nigeria striker Victor Obinna, while Atletico Madrid want to sell Maxi Rodriguez to Spurs.
Daily Mail

Birmingham have failed in a bid to sign midfielder Patrick Vieira, 33, from Inter Milan. Full story: Daily Mail

Blackburn are weighing up a move for £10m-rated striker Andre-Pierre Gignac, 23, from Toulouse, who was top scorer in France last season. Daily Mail

Tottenham could be dragged into a legal fight over Jermain Defoe's £7.5m move from Spurs to Portsmouth in January 2008.
The Sun

Carlos Tevez, who is set to sign for Manchester City next week, claims he was forced to leave Manchester United after the Old Trafford club signed Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham.
The Sun

Liverpool left-back Fabio Aurelio looks set to miss the start of the season after damaging his knee playing football with his children. The 29-year-old is facing the prospect of surgery and several months on the sidelines, so the Reds are hanging on to Andrea Dossena despite interest from Juventus.
Daily Express

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has denied claims that he has offered Everton defender Phil Neville a coaching role at the Riverside. (Daily Express)

Former Crystal Palace boss Alan Smith is set to return to the game as Gareth Southgate's number two at Boro.
The Sun

Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is raging after being forced to sign Ecuador centre-back Giovanny Espinoza, 32, on Wednesday.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Re: saturday's gossip incldes west ham

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

The one problem I'd have, is if an African can't settle in the French League...will he settle in the Premiership?

Also, I see Spurs are trying to make a tiny profit out of one of their flops :lol:.
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

The problem i have is believing the Agent, who is in fact the Uncle, even less than i would if i knew that he wasn't the Uncle.. :lol:

I've received the Emails, i know how untrustworthy those type of people can be.... :lol:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Bobby, you have won the lottery, if you can forward me £100 and your credit card details for verification, I will send you your winning ticket. :lol:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Bobby I'm being held hostage and I need you to pay the ransom.

When I get released I'll give you £brazillions...
Swiss Pauli
Has liked: 423 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Swiss Pauli »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:The one problem I'd have, is if an African can't settle in the French League...will he settle in the Premiership?
He did settle in the French league: he had two good years at Lille, but his big money move to Lyon two seaons ago hasn't worked out.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Cheers CH , any chance of a photo of our latest target ?
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Wonder how much horse head ruud would cost ?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

cockney farmer wrote:Cheers CH , any chance of a photo of our latest target ?
Google him ya lazy bugger!! :D
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thup:
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

cockney farmer wrote:Cheers CH , any chance of a photo of our latest target ?
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

cockney farmer wrote:Wonder how much horse head ruud would cost ?
Farmer, he is apparently a target of Blackburn Rovers, Slam Saladarse is a big fan apparently.

I think he'd be a brilliant signing. A good partner for Cole, we need a poacher to pick up the bits and there is none better than RVN. Only question would be wages and his fitness. If we could get him on some kind of pay-as-you-play I reckon he'd be outstanding.
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

Thanks CH. :thup:
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

lazy twat cf :wink:

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Fulham are eyeing up a £5million bid for Middlesbrough forward Tuncay Sanli, and are also in the hunt for winger Bolo Zenden and striker Jo.

DAILY MAIL

Everton are moving closer to finalising a £6m deal for Rennes midfielder Stephane Mbia.

Fabricio Coloccini's agent has demanded talks with Newcastle to clarify the £10m-rated Argentina defender's future.

Birmingham have failed in a bold bid to sign Patrick Vieira from Inter Milan.

Tottenham have made a £6m bid for Inter Milan's Nigerian star Victor Obinna.

Manchester United face another battle with Real Madrid, this time over Lyon's Karim Benzema.

Blackburn are weighing up a move for France striker Andre-Pierre Gignac.

DAILY STAR

Rafa Benitez's summer spending plans have been boosted after Liverpool's bankers denied the Merseysiders are in financial meltdown.

Deco last night revealed how desperate he is to quit Chelsea by branding the club Roman Abramovich's "toy".

Wolves are set to sell Republic of Ireland midfielder Stephen Gleeson to MK Dons.

Birmingham believe midfielder Lee Bowyer will complete a permanent move from West Ham next week.

Hull manager Phil Brown has admitted star Brazilian signing Geovanni could be sold if someone is willing to break the bank for him.

DAILY EXPRESS

Sam Allardyce thinks injury-stricken Michael Owen is an unaffordable luxury but is set to give Ruud van Nistelrooy a return to the Premier League.

Mike Riley is to become the new Premier League referees chief.

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is confident that boss Martin O'Neill will bring in new players this summer.

Fulham are eyeing up a £5million bid for Middlesbrough forward Tuncay Sanli.

Fabio Aurelio looks set to miss the start of the season for Liverpool after damaging his knee playing football with his children.

THE SUN

Spurs could be dragged into an explosive legal fight that might trigger an FA probe. The row centres around Jermain Defoe's move to Portsmouth in January 2008.

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce has ruled out a reunion with Michael Owen - but could move for Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez insists Glen Johnson never had any intention of joining Manchester City.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is considering a shock move to sign Sol Campbell on a free transfer.

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish is raging after being forced to sign a central defender - Giovanny Espinoza - he didn't want.

Former Middlesbrough midfielder Bolo Zenden is talking to Fulham.

Newcastle's Peter Lovenkrands has hinted he would be happy to join Sunderland.

Former Crystal Palace manager Alan Smith is set to return to the game as No 2 to Gareth Southgate at Middlesbrough.

Marcus Hall has signed a new deal at Coventry.

DAILY MIRROR

Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce wants to sign Ruud van Nistelrooy from Real Madrid.

:D Jermain Defoe is facing a potentially explosive further legal probe into his move from Tottenham to Portsmouth. :lol:

Manchester United have been told it is only a matter of time before top target Karim Benzema leaves Lyon.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is demanding a staggering £18million for Darren Bent.

Fulham want out-of-favour Manchester City striker Jo.

Burnley have made a club-record £2.75million bid for Hibs striker Steven Fletcher.

Rafael Benitez has hailed Glen Johnson as "a winner" after he completed his move to Liverpool.

QPR are trying to talk Tugay out of retirement.

THE TIMES

Liverpool placed a £35million valuation on Xabi Alonso last night after the Spain midfield player said his goodbyes to some members of the club's staff.

DAILY RECORD

Owen Coyle insists Tony Mowbray is the man to deliver success at Celtic.

Celtic reserve-team captain Ryan Conroy has told Tony Mowbray he doesn't need to sign a left-back.

Nancy claim they have beaten Celtic in the fight to sign Marc-Antoine Fortune.

Falkirk boss Eddie May wants to revive the career of Rangers outcast Andy Webster.

Craig Levein has assured Dundee United fans he will sign a goalkeeper before the season starts.
Marc the Hammer

Post by Marc the Hammer »

I swear when we are linked with a player in the gossip bit it always says Everton are intrested in him too.
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

Marc the Hammer wrote:I swear when we are linked with a player in the gossip bit it always says Everton are intrested in him too.
I guess that's better than last summer when it was us and Newcastle.
westhamben

Post by westhamben »

westhamerica wrote: I guess that's better than last summer when it was us and Newcastle.
Progress! :raver: