Wolves 0 West Ham Utd 2 (15/08/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by BoB_On »

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3203793/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
King Guy

Post by King Guy »

Big_Russ wrote:
Sorry mate... its been canned already.

Blame that despot UTJ !! :lol:

seeing as i'm on my summer hols i could always knock up a blog with a weekly player rating system... bit lame though :lol:
lopsidedbunny

Post by lopsidedbunny »

:D \YAY/ :D

I will watch it on MoD later.
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

With thanks to Wigan from fbtz

"EPL: Wolverhampton vs. West Ham, 8-15-2009, courtesy of Canal +. Link below:

1st Half:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=p5hyz3tctfb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2nd Half:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=bwdlk008yvd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those who may have issues downloading from Gigasize, try Mozilla Firefox's download accelarator plug-in Downthemall:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a link from a previous thread with all of the Winamp Media Player Codecs, with instructions, for viewing NSV files & streams if needed:

http://www.fbtz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In addition, here is a link for MPlayer for Windows, which also plays NSV files if needed:

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=fpwbn8tmglb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy Everyone!!!

Wigan "
bobo

Post by bobo »

on me way home, great away day & the boys played well today could of been alot more. Loved some of the chants, if u was sat on the right of the bull stand, fat bloke in the white, get him a burger, boy ya mums a sl*g, funny as fu*k. By the way Collins was class today, did't lose a ball in the air.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Green 9.5: Clean sheet, great saves kept us in front, won us the game, even his flaps made sure a Wolves player didnt follow up. MOTM
Faubert 8: Very strong and quick with more than one very nasty crosses. Will probably get exposed defensively against better teams though.
Collins 6.5: Needs a bit more nous at times, rarely troubled but seems to make at least one key mistake a game, not worried about distribution too much and when we went two-nil up and Wolves lumped it forward he was back in his element.
Upson 8: Solid, never caught out, jumped early to get the good goal to seal the game, can not be sold without replacing.
Illunga 8.5: This guy is just pure quality, hope he gets better soon.
Parker 7: Bit iffy but didnt have a bad game, still held the midfield together well.
Noble 8.5: Great goal, did his bit elsewhere.
Collison 7: Did the Behrami role reasonably effectively, should have scored no excuses for that.
Jiminez 7: Keeps the ball forever until the pass is available, an optimistic debut.
Dyer 7: Great to see him start, should have scored as well, still a tiny bit rusty round the edges.
Cole 8: A complete nuisance all game, needs a mate up front to be truly effective.

Good game, shouldnt have given away so many chances but at the other end we created loads to suggest we might be in for an entertaining season. :crest:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Excellent result and very good start to the season :thup:
Ted Fenton
Location: Rural Sevilla & the quieter part of Costa del Sol, sunny Spain
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Ted Fenton »

Certainly an excellent result and a general good all-round performance. But, per my usual stance, I'll not open the bottle of cava until we've played 10 matches.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Really pleased about the way we played - except for some spells when we seemed to be unfocused. Lovely goal by Noble, and a good team display. Personally the highlight of the game was the coolness we showed after grabbing the second goal - passing the ball around, not giving the ball away needlessly and working as a unit.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: Player Ratings

Post by Up the Junction »

King Guy wrote:maybe the main kumb site could put a star rating system ...
Have been thinking of something along these lines for a while FWIW. Might have a bit more time next week to think about it, I like the idea.
King Guy wrote:So that all the kumb readers could have a bit of input.
Anyone can write a match report and submit it for publication - we're always on the lookout for new writers (to give Gnome a well-deserved rest).

http://www.kumb.com/submit.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am law

Post by I am law »

IRONS!

Great result.
Los Martillos
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Los Martillos »

We will no doubt be the last game on MOTD. The @rse and Chelski will be on first and second.
HollzTheHammer

Post by HollzTheHammer »

Los Martillos wrote:We will no doubt be the last game on MOTD. The @rse and Chelski will be on first and second.
MOTD running order*
Chelsea v Hull

Blackburn v Man City
Everton v Arsenal

Aston Villa v Wigan
Wolves v West Ham
Stoke v Burnley
Bolton v Sunderland
Portsmouth v Fulham
*Subject to change

Not bad, they'll probably slate us as usual though!
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Scaloni, the only time you owuld need to divide my 11 is if you wanted to know the average rating per player for the team.

For example if your team scored 99 rating points on average each player would have scored a 9. (this is form dividing the total by the amount of players).

What we are considering though is a mean average of the total scores submitted by different posters.

This will give an average rating for the team.

You do this by adding up all the total scores given by each of the posters, then dividing this by how many posters contributed.

So you can see an average rating for the team.

Finding the average score for a player (by dividing by 11) is pointless as it will render the "rating" insignificant... ie if cole scored a 10 and Tristan scored a 0 you would end up with both having an average score of 5. ~This is not indicative of how they played and therefore misleading.

Hope this clears it up for you Scaloni? :think:
paddy the greek
Likes to fall in bushes

Post by paddy the greek »

Wolves are down, proper pony.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Yep - they're poor - bottom 6 certainly - but Ebanks Blake and the Serbian in midfield might be good enough to keep them up. Both looked pretty decent players to me.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Words from the big (or little) Z...

http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0, ... 5,00.html#

edit: not coming up properly, click on link on side :oops:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I only watched today's game on my pc, but was impressed with the way we went about our business. No panicking when they had the ball and always trying to keep possession. The one thing that really irritated me was the Lino in the second half. He was giving offside despite being nowhere near the Wolves back line.
Two goals away from home and a clean sheet; not many predicted that. 8-)
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

Just back from the game , everything about the day was brilliant, the crowd was good and the team were excellant.
I must say i thought Jimienez was outstanding today, the man has so much talent, when he is involved things happen , i think he will be our lynchpin this season
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

dapablo wrote:C'mon u irons, give a song for me gents, 0-2 colin & jimmy.
just those of us in the know :)