Alessandro Diamanti

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Alessandro Diamanti

Post by cockney hammer »

Livorno confirm West Ham talks over Diamanti

Livorno have confirmed talks with West Ham United over the sale of Alessandro Diamanti.

“Diamanti would like to play in the Premier League and we are in negotiations with West Ham, but the offer is not satisfactory,” Livorno president Aldo Spinelli told Sky Italia television.

“We also received a proposal from Parma for co-ownership worth £3m, but we value him at around £8m.

“It is not out of the question that Diamanti could remain with us, though.”
HenrytheHammer

Re: hammers in talks with diamanti

Post by HenrytheHammer »

He looks like a handy player. Pacey, very tricky and a good shot on him. I would like to see this one materialize.

Let's hope he's given a chance to shine. He looks a real gem. etc etc etc
Caribiron
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

Same old West Ham - Nani gets sent back to Italy to unearth some diamonds....and he comes came with Diamante........
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

I wish we would stop going for these "advanced midfielders" . We need out and out strikers who score lots of goals not more goal-shy "creative" midfielders. We've just loaned Jiminez and already have dyer and savio and none of them look like they are going to put the ball in the net regularly. Maybe its just a smokescreen to get chamakh in or hopefully someone else?
jaybs
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by jaybs »

Okay it does not matter where we get a first class player from but we seem to be one dimensional with Italy, but we really need and out and out forward that scores goals and plenty!
Bml04

Post by Bml04 »

Will have to learn to stay on his feet if he comes here , me thinks
West Ham Boy's Club

Post by West Ham Boy's Club »

This is a risk given he's not a proven goalscorer and hasn't played at the highest level in Italy. Serie B standards are below those in our Championship. We already have Jimenez and Dyer that can play as a second striker/attacking midfielder, we need a pacey Defoe type player to compliment Cole. Maybe a loan with an option would be the best option for Diamanti.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

West Ham Boy's Club wrote:This is a risk given he's not a proven goalscorer and hasn't played at the highest level in Italy. Serie B standards are below those in our Championship. We already have Jimenez and Dyer that can play as a second striker/attacking midfielder, we need a pacey Defoe type player to compliment Cole. Maybe a loan with an option would be the best option for Diamanti.
Hines?
Tristan Shout
An unhealthy interest in "Dogging"
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 34 likes

Post by Tristan Shout »

Im sorry but not what we are looking for at the moment, got to be a wind up by Livorno trying to up his price to whoever they are actually selling him to by saying we are interested.
Has a good range of long passing but offers very little up front and we need a goalscorer and preferably one signed this morning to get him registered in time for the 2 scummers games coming up
MK HAMMER
Location: Believe in me, cos I dont believe in anything and I wanna be someone to believe, to believe in.
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MK HAMMER »

my knowledge of italian football isnt that great, im sure i'll have a better understanding of it by the time zola and nani and come and gone though,.....who is he? is he any good? who is he similar to? Jiminez?
yonni
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by yonni »

Got to be a bit worrying when his showreel has as many incidents where he goes down like Bilic or starts a ruck with another player as it does goals. Good set piece delivery though and lots of flair. looks a bit lightweight for the prem though.So who are we signing as backup to cover this guy when he gets red carded for diving too often?

Don't get me wrong I'd love him to come here and prove me wrong but I think he'd take a good while to adjust having extensively studied him for 7 minutes 47 seconds.
Zola4ever

Post by Zola4ever »

he is a quality player, and we wont get him as inter want to buy him aswell. Going to cost 8.5 Million according to my Italian mate
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Diamanti is a trequartista - a forward - same position as Jiminez. I don't know where Zola thinks Savio would play - if he is given the chance, but you need good vision, if you are going to play as a trequartista, and that would rule out our young gem. If Diamanti is Jiminez's rival, then we still haven't solved our main objective - securing a player who can compete with Cole.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

The Inter interest has long gone. Not heard anything for ages. They are trying to get Sneijder and Cassano, so they won't be getting Diamanti IMO.

He formed a great partnership with Francesco Tavano...so there's no reason he couldn't form one with Carlton Cole. I wouldn't say Diamanti is the same as Jimenez either.
orpingtonhammer

Post by orpingtonhammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:The Inter interest has long gone. Not heard anything for ages. They are trying to get Sneijder and Cassano, so they won't be getting Diamanti IMO.

He formed a great partnership with Francesco Tavano...so there's no reason he couldn't form one with Carlton Cole. I wouldn't say Diamanti is the same as Jimenez either.

And your gut reaction to this is..... a possible, Ash?
Dazzaboy

Post by Dazzaboy »

2001–2007 Prato 58 (21)
2001–2002 → Fucecchio (loan) 24 (3)
2003 → Florentia Viola (loan) 3 (0)
2004–2005 → AlbinoLeffe (co-ownership) 26 (0)
2007– Livorno 46 (11)

Well, hes hardly going to set the premier league on fire, DDM anyone? :think:
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

as I said yesterday, he is WAY better than DDM. don't mind too much the stats of the early years of his career. he's been a bit of a dickhead since 23-24, lazy, cocky, arrogant. then he had his big opportunity at livorno and he became a very good player.

oh, and the stats on the english wikipedia are wrong, check the italian one.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

Dazzaboy wrote:2001–2007 Prato 58 (21)
2001–2002 → Fucecchio (loan) 24 (3)
2003 → Florentia Viola (loan) 3 (0)
2004–2005 → AlbinoLeffe (co-ownership) 26 (0)
2007– Livorno 46 (11)

Well, hes hardly going to set the premier league on fire, DDM anyone? :think:
Bet Carlton Cole's stats don't look any better than that!!
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

orpingtonhammer wrote: And your gut reaction to this is..... a possible, Ash?
Most Italian players seem possible Fran...with Nani there. I guess it depends on the fee. We aren't going to pay that much. If we can sort something then yes, it'd be possible. My worry is, even though he could form a good partnership with Carlton Cole. I still think we would be lacking a goalscorer. Diamanti scored a good amount last season...but Chamakh would be a good option.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

He's the hard attacking edge that we're looking for.