West Ham Utd 2 Arsenal 2 (25/10/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

West Ham Utd 2 Arsenal 2 (25/10/09)

Post by Het-Field »

West Ham are going into this game at a low ebb. Arsenal at Upton Park has yielded mixed results. All and sundry remember Di Canio's wondergoal in 1999, Harewood's last gasp winner in 2006, and our resolute performance in 2005 to keep them scoreless.

On the flipside, there have been some bad days too. Remember 2002 when WH flung away a two goal lead, the 0-4 reverse in 1998/1999, and last seasons toothless assault on a mediocre Aresnal team.

This could be a crucial game, as the Hammers have never in their Prem lives gone beyond Halloween with less then 8 points. There is a distinct possibility of that occuring. This is before the game against Sunderland in the North East at the witching hour.

I would like to see the team shaken u somewhat. The defence needs an amendment as it is leaking stupid goals. The attack needs to be sharpened, and the names Kovac, Parker, and Noble should not be near the team at the same time.

My 11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Green------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faubert----------------------------------Upson---------------------------------------------------Da Costa/Gabbidon--------------------------------------Illunga

Jiminez----------------------------------Behrami------------------------------------------------Parker----------------------------------------------------Collison

---------------------------------------------------------------------Diamanti-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cole-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krutz,Spector,Noble,Franco,Hines,Stanislas,Kovac
Matt of iron

Re: West Ham V Arsenal (Match Thread) Cant Find one !

Post by Matt of iron »

Play 442 ffs!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Het-Field wrote:West Ham are going into this game at a low ebb. Arsenal at Upton Park has yielded mixed results. All and sundry remember Di Canio's wondergoal in 1999, Harewood's last gasp winner in 2006, and our resolute performance in 2005 to keep them scoreless.

On the flipside, there have been some bad days too. Remember 2002 when WH flung away a two goal lead, the 0-4 reverse in 1998/1999, and last seasons toothless assault on a mediocre Aresnal team.

This could be a crucial game, as the Hammers have never in their Prem lives gone beyond Halloween with less then 8 points. There is a distinct possibility of that occuring. This is before the game against Sunderland in the North East at the witching hour.

I would like to see the team shaken u somewhat. The defence needs an amendment as it is leaking stupid goals. The attack needs to be sharpened, and the names Kovac, Parker, and Noble should not be near the team at the same time.

My 11

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Green------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faubert----------------------------------Upson---------------------------------------------------Da Costa/Gabbidon--------------------------------------Illunga

Jiminez----------------------------------Behrami------------------------------------------------Parker----------------------------------------------------Collison

---------------------------------------------------------------------Diamanti-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cole-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Krutz,Spector,Noble,Franco,Hines,Stanislas,Kovac
When we say we need more width this isn't what we meant . :D
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Hang on, why are you playing two right midfielders? :lol:
daniel

Post by daniel »

We will win this one. Trust.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Het-Field wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------GOAL x 2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------^-----Green------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faubert--------------------------------Upson-------------------------^---------------------Da Costa/Gabbidon------------------------------------Illunga

Jiminez--------------------------------Behrami-------------------------^---------------Parker--------------------------------------------------Collison

----------------------------------------------Diamanti-----------------------------------^-----------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Cole-----------^-------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Van Persie
My prediction.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Having contemplated this further, and decided that we have little chance of winning, I will most be picking:

GK: Green
RB: Faubert
LB: Ilunga
CB: Tomkins
CB: Upson
RM: Behrami
CM: Collison
CM: Parker
LM: Stanislas
CF: Cole
CF: Hines

Subs: Kurucz, Spector, Gabbidon, Noble, Jiminez, Dementia, Franco

A straightforward attempt to pick an XI packed with energy, pace and workrate in the hope of pinching something.

Set up - 4-4-2

I expect us to lose 1-3 or 1-4 - with Arsenal running away with it after 65 minutes once we're knackered
daniel

Post by daniel »

That's a very good line up bubbles :thup:
beckton

Post by beckton »

bubbles1966 wrote:Having contemplated this further, and decided that we have little chance of winning, I will most be picking:
we might as well put our youth team out and not risk injuries and suspensions for the Sunderland game.

I've given my ticket up for this to my nephew and will be watching this through my fingers down the pub. :D
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

beckton wrote:
I've given my ticket up for this to my nephew and will be watching this through my fingers down the pub. :D
I'm playing for 0-0.

I've picked a team on the understanding that the only time we'll have the ball is for our kick off (s) and goal kicks after they've had shots :lol:

In fairness we've given Spurs and Liverpool decent games this year.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

bubbles1966 wrote:Having contemplated this further, and decided that we have little chance of winning, I will most be picking:

A straightforward attempt to pick an XI packed with energy, pace and workrate in the hope of pinching something.

Set up - 4-4-2

I expect us to lose 1-3 or 1-4 - with Arsenal running away with it after 65 minutes once we're knackered
:thup: A good solid formation and something similar to what Zola should be picking from now. If he doesn't I will be worried.

Also :lol: at the bit in red.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

Yesterday we probably had our strongest team out with the exception of Parker. Therefore I can't really seeing us beating the gunners with this heap of *****. 4-1 to Le Arse unfortuneately. ( Cole to score if anyones really interested)
osborner69

Post by osborner69 »

West Ham 1-0 Arsenal
Hines 90+4

You heard it here first
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

West Ham 1 - 4 Arsenal
Last edited by jastons on Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cockneyjock

Post by cockneyjock »

it would be so west ham to win this. just thinking back to when harewood scored and the place erupted. one of the greatest moments in recent years that one... yet i also remember the way we laid down against them at home last year.
but we gave it a good go against the Spurs and the bindippers, so i think it might be interesting this one.
1-0 collison to score
theo

Post by theo »

a win against the gunners being brought out like my dreams they fade and die :crest:
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Arsenal are playing good entertaining football at the moment , but I think they might be vulnerable at the back if Vermalen keepd pretending he's an auxilliary centre forward .

So time for something different from us .

GK - Green
RB - Behrami
LB-Illunga
CB- Upson
CB - Tomkins
RM-Stanislas
CM -Parker
CM - Noble
LM- Collison
CF - Hines
CF - Cole
Assuming all square on the hour

1st sub - Franco for Cole - 60 mins
2nd sub - Nouble for Hines - 80 mins
3rd sub - Gabbidon
4th Sub - Kurcrz
5th Sub - Jiminez
6th Payne
7th Spector

Diamanti, doing extra fitness work , on his own at Chadwell heath .Ashton looking out from the treatment room for company .

Irons to win 3-2 :crest:
joyful

Post by joyful »

tpp

there are eight english players and one welsh in that line up. Arsene would faint...
WHamZam

Post by WHamZam »

Set up - 4-4-2

I think that`s as strong a team as we can field. Looks very good, plenty of pace and enthusiasm :thup: .

BTW, joyful: Remember Pardew and his cheeky ´made in England` comment to Wenger? It was funny as f*** to see how worked up Wenger got over that.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

joyful wrote:tpp

there are eight english players and one welsh in that line up. Arsene would faint...
Oh really ? Hadn't noticed - much !!!!!!!!!

Engerland , Engerland

Get the Boleyn rocking . :raver: